Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Authors We Love to Hate
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
405 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  15:35:52  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by mastermustard

Stephen King however is fairly overrated.

He's had some good stuff, and he's had some not-so-good stuff. I still really enjoy 'Salem's Lot, It, The Tommyknockers, and The Eyes of the Dragon.

Though I will admit that some of those books had unnecessary elements... Particularly It, which had gratuitous sex, profanity, and the run-on sentence from Hell. I've no objections to sex and profanity in stories, so long as they are appropriate to and help the story. In It, this was not always the case.

Between The Stand, the Dark Tower books, Desperation, Salem's Lot, and his awesome Bachman stuff (Long Walk, Regulators), King will always have many places on my bookshelf. Even though I don't enjoy every single one of his books I think he's a talented writer.
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  17:08:07  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Entreri: I didn't see the need for Iskar Jarak.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
520 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  18:38:25  Show Profile  Visit GRYPHON's Homepage Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are good and bad points to them all. Too many to list either way...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000