Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Best 2nd Ed Realms Trilogy/Series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
323 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2014 :  23:59:54  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I really enjoyed Elaine Cunningham's Harpers novels, I still like the Finder's Stone series the best. It may be my inner nerd, but I can't help but find something fascinating about the saurials. (Really wish they had appeared a bit more often.)
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3085 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  21:35:23  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

It may be my inner nerd, but I can't help but find something fascinating about the saurials. (Really wish they had appeared a bit more often.)

Same here.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
520 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  18:40:29  Show Profile  Visit GRYPHON's Homepage Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cormyr saga...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31146 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  03:48:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quoting myself...

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Of the series listed, I had to pick the Finder's Stone. Small scale, no RSEs, memorable characters, good stories, and a feel for the Realms matched by few other authors.

I met Jeff Grubb yesterday and geeked out. One of the things I made a point of mentioning was how often I've plugged the stuff he wrote with his wife.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

VikingLegion
Learned Scribe

USA
325 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  06:13:40  Show Profile Send VikingLegion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm stunned and flabbergasted to see Finder's Stone on top, if only by 1%. For me it's the Dark Elf Trilogy (specifically Homeland) and there's not a close second. I can read and re-read the intricacies of life in Menzoberranzan, the intense and formative exchanges between Drizzt and Zak, the dark weight of specific events that almost pulled Drizzt down (the moonlight surface raid on the dancing elves) over and over again without them losing an ounce of impact.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000