Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Vanishing Avatar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  13:10:45  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just to let you know that it seems that my avatar (Sage2 or Sage3) has vanished (it was automatically changed to Sage4, which I have changed). It's not just my problem - other scribes who I know had that same avatar as I now are changed to Sage4 as well.

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  13:19:05  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Perhaps one of the effects of the ongoing CK 2.0 upgrade.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  14:28:14  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's what I thought myself, but presumably an unintended effect. That's why I posted it; I thought Alaundo might want to know.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  14:42:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So there are four of me now?

If only I could harness their collective power. Imagine how much more I could assign to my "To-Do" list?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  14:45:28  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

If only I could harness their collective power. Imagine how much more I could assign to my "To-Do" list?

I can't imagine it at all.

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  15:16:50  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, it's only Sage1 etc., not TheSage1... - there can be only one!
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  16:05:24  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The effect would be more devastating than the Manshoon Wars
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  19:24:02  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suspect it would be the reverse. Four Sages would just create four To-Do lists.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2011 :  20:07:51  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I suspect it would be the reverse. Four Sages would just create four To-Do lists.

About to say that The To-Do lists would take up all the space in the earth...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2011 :  01:24:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I would expect that this is probably be closer to the truth than even I could realise.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2011 :  15:14:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Hmmmmm most odd. I have not changed anything in relation to this, nor removed any avatar. Thanks for letting me know, Thieran. I will look into this.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2011 :  20:33:52  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome! If I am not mistaken, the vanished avatar I had was Raistlin's face from this Elmore piece (on the left-hand side): http://larryelmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/COMPANIO.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2011 :  09:38:12  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it, somehow, had to dow ith my avatar changing? Mine looked like Raistlin before refreshing the screen with ctrl+F5. Maybe a naming issue?

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2011 :  10:48:53  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are actually one of the scribes I referred to in my OP ;)
And you are right, it could be related to our names: Thieran, Thelonius and Thauramarth all start with Th, had the Raistlin avatar (Sage2 or 3) and were subject to the change.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2011 :  16:42:11  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So if someone would use a name starting with De, I should be alarmed?

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2011 :  16:54:23  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

...often imitated, never duplicated

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  01:12:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:

Oh, I know a lot of people around my way who have often attempted to imitate me. But they can never quite get the absent-minded-ism right.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  03:08:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:

Oh, I know a lot of people around my way who have often attempted to imitate me. But they can never quite get the absent-minded-ism right.

I've tried, but I keep forgetting about it.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  11:12:26  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any news regarding lost Sage2 and Sage3?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  14:35:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, Alaundo was going to look into it. I don't think he's provided any updates on that search, though.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  14:56:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Are those the only avatars that vanished?

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  15:05:27  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They vanished when I changed mine wich was Elmore's Raistlin image. I was the one who edited that avatar and sent him to Big Al in the first place, could it have something to do with it? So perhpas it will be a matter of creting it again and introducing it in the avy's database?

Edited by - Thelonius on 10 Jan 2012 15:07:27
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  10:36:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Apologies for the delay, Thieran.

Hmmm a bit baffled on the search for the missing Sages. There one which doesnt not appear in the database (grey hair, teal garb, pondering pose), but no others have been found.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  12:47:45  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Apologies for the delay, Thieran.

Hmmm a bit baffled on the search for the missing Sages. There one which doesnt not appear in the database (grey hair, teal garb, pondering pose), but no others have been found.

Will send you the picture again in case you need it for update

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  15:33:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Many thanks, Thelonius. I have no uploaded the image to the avatar gallery, listed under simply "Scribe".

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2012 :  15:42:28  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Many thanks, Thelonius. I have no uploaded the image to the avatar gallery, listed under simply "Scribe".

Good now is up to Thieran to use it

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  01:28:05  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to both Alaundo and Thelonius! My favourite avatar image is back ;)
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  04:31:33  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's Raistlin from the old cover of Test of the Twin, right? Though the color is a bit different from what I can recall.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  06:25:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, it's from the Tales of the Lance boxed set.

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  08:13:35  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is from a painting by Larry Elmore called "Companions of the Lance": http://larryelmore.com/999/art

Edited by - Thieran on 10 Feb 2012 08:14:00
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  01:47:33  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I see. Nice. I checked the original cover of Test of the Twins and realized it couldn't be it because Raistlin is facing left there.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000