Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Your Favorite Male Necromancer (In All Settings)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3068 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  21:41:19  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

I think that, if I can choose from any existing setting I'd go for Sandro, from the Heroes of Might and Magic universe. Was the first one I saw the word Necromancer attached to so many years agoo, and I always saw him as the cliché lord of the undead, the black cloack and the skull face...
If I had to go for FR ones, I'd go for Xzar, was the first necromancer I met in the Realms, and loved the Stop touching me!!! comment. Too bad they killed him in Shadows of Amn

I just purchased the first 6 Xeen games from Gog. I love Sandro!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Be my friend on Goodreads.com: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6751111-brian
Go to Top of Page

Gurgle Gobblespit
Seeker

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  23:41:00  Show Profile Send Gurgle Gobblespit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moandor was one of the original Lich (necromancer) lords from HOMM, if I recall.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Senior Scribe

441 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2016 :  10:29:29  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

It's not the POWER of the necro, it's all their darn PETS that makes them so nasty!! I mean, why worry about that pesky adventuring group trying to kill you when you can just keep raising wave after wave of skellies and zombies to whittle them down? Tsk, Ayrik, you underestimate them....

I know that this topic is pretty much dead, but this is a particular pet peeve of mine.

90% of arcane necromancy is not about raising undead. It's a fiction perpetuated by both players and devs. When you go undead for arcane necromancy, you look for quality over quantity, like dragon and hydra skeletons, but arcane necromancy is mainly about SoD and debuffing. The 11th level necromancer can already oneshot dragons with a maximized shivering touch.

It's sort of like how novels and DMs have the idea of the iconic wizard throwing fireballs. Fireball is hilariously suboptimal, even for evokers, and most damage-dealing wizards tend to stick with the orb spells and the various rays.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000