Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Best Fighter Character Weapon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2013 :  00:19:36  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid that will never happen. *sigh*

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  09:17:18  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Entreri's Jeweled Dagger was pretty wicked in itself.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  10:03:51  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Gerak's unlimited arrows!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Kyrel
Learned Scribe

151 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  15:54:44  Show Profile  Visit Kyrel's Homepage Send Kyrel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me, this is a tough call, but ultimately I'll go with Entreri's Jeweled Dagger. Charon's Claw as presented when it was first introduced was also quite cool though, and then I have to admit that I also love the concept of the Moonblades, though Aryilan's Moonblade isn't my favourite of the weapons listed here.
Go to Top of Page

TulkaS-
Acolyte

Greece
6 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  11:46:04  Show Profile  Visit TulkaS-'s Homepage Send TulkaS- a Private Message  Reply with Quote
weaveshear all the way ! This weapon is truly in another level and i like kozah's needle too... its a very versatile weapon in battle situations ..!
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  13:37:00  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrel

For me, this is a tough call, but ultimately I'll go with Entreri's Jeweled Dagger. Charon's Claw as presented when it was first introduced was also quite cool though, and then I have to admit that I also love the concept of the Moonblades, though Aryilan's Moonblade isn't my favourite of the weapons listed here.

Naturally Charon's Claw! It was designed to battle wizards, essentially! Not to mention what happens if improperly handled. Plus it could make temporary ash-like walls for advantages in combat. Also it glowed if need be, to see in dark places. Plus only the wielder could see it so that was also a bonus. And the ability to be invisible to infravision was not bad either. And last but not least, even small nicks or cuts would be fatal. Since the wound would fest and poison the victim. I mean this weapon is VICIOUS and DEADLY, such a perfect weapon for Artemis.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  19:11:57  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moon Blades are in general are awesome, Vinidacator is really cool and a great plot device.

I forget the name, but in Lady of Poison the Priest of Lurue had a really cool spear, as his his Oz buddy, I forget the name of that weapon as well.

The best weapons of all of course are the unique weapons of the God's, like Sune's Sash.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  19:13:49  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a specific weapon, but weapons made from Batrachi Glass steal are cool too.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2013 :  19:18:26  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Asmodeaus's Ruby Rod.
Go to Top of Page

geok1ng
Acolyte

Brazil
9 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2013 :  19:01:59  Show Profile  Visit geok1ng's Homepage Send geok1ng a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ryld Argith's Splitter. Lolth only knows what he did to get that sword.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2013 :  21:55:14  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alruane

quote:
Originally posted by Kyrel

Naturally Charon's Claw! It was designed to battle wizards, essentially! Not to mention what happens if improperly handled. Plus it could make temporary ash-like walls for advantages in combat. Also it glowed if need be, to see in dark places. Plus only the wielder could see it so that was also a bonus. And the ability to be invisible to infravision was not bad either. And last but not least, even small nicks or cuts would be fatal. Since the wound would fest and poison the victim. I mean this weapon is VICIOUS and DEADLY, such a perfect weapon for Artemis.

Yes, it is a beautiful sword with magnificent powers, BUT the fact that you can end up in eternal servitude to it kinda ruins the appeal.

As far as battling wizards, that gauntlet was overrated. It did keep Entreri and Jarlaxle alive against the lich in POTWK, but it also got destroyed rather easily. And I don't recall Alegni doing anything useful with it.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2013 :  22:16:20  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TulkaS-

weaveshear all the way ! This weapon is truly in another level and i like kozah's needle too... its a very versatile weapon in battle situations ..!

I agree with this. Weaveshear blocked a few spells from Vhostym (an Elminster level mage) and ate through the wards of Mephistopheles. I don't recall how useful it was against Kesson Rel, but even so, that sword is an artifact.

The only more powerful sword I can think of is Gareth Dragonsbane's sword Crusader. Speaking of which, the 4e FRCG stated that the last of his descendants was assassinated. So who owns Crusader now?
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2013 :  15:47:16  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Aegis-fang because it was a labor of love from Bruenor. I rather like the idea of the surly dwarf with a huge heart. One of my favorite scenes involving Bruenor is when Drizzt 'caught' him giving toys to goblin (or kobold?) children.

Arily'n Moonblade follows a close second.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000