Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Mystra's alive?!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RedneckBadgerLord
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2011 :  02:45:28  Show Profile  Visit RedneckBadgerLord's Homepage Send RedneckBadgerLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, because it's Ed, I decided to give Elminster Must Die a chance, and learned that Mystra, though weak, is still alive. Wonderful! Hallelujah!

If I interpreted correctly, does that mean that they're finally starting to fix one of the worst mistakes ever made in the realms?

If this is true, I feel a whole lot better about Spellplague itself, but still have my gripes about fourth edition Faerun.

Redwall. Drizzt. Kentucky. Enough said.

I was weaned on 2E Baldur's Gate. Learned 3.5E, and can't stand 4E WoF. (Though I try not to mess up canon too badly).

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2011 :  03:27:42  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Read Bury Elminster Deep for more info...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2011 :  04:36:55  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps. Even if true, it's one mistake fixed and tons yet remaining IMO.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2011 :  08:11:48  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I would not call it "fixing a mistake." When they killed Mystra, I wasn't bothered; and that's not because I am usually apathetic to the fate of the gods. I just knew they wouldn't keep her dead for long. A plethora of things could have gone wrong if they did.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2011 :  09:30:05  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yah of the whole deities they could and have killed, Mystra is the most obvious one to return, the only thing that stays veiled is when...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000