Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Orcs in the Starspire Mountains (?)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wormys_Queue
Acolyte

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2011 :  21:49:10  Show Profile Send Wormys_Queue a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met,

I'm just about to start a new campaign in Tethyr (for the reference: it's an adaptation of Paizo's Runelords Campaign) and had just decided to place the town of Sandpoint at the southeastern corner of Firedrake Bay when one of my players expressed the wish to play an elven ranger with favored enemy: Orcs. Which was kind of a nasty surprise because my players had turned down the alternative of playing said campaign in the Silver Marches before. And Tethyr isn't exactly orc country.

After much desperation, I found a reference to a tribe of sea orcs in the "Empire of the Sands" sourcebook (the Split Mast Tribe) located in the Starspire Mountains, but haven't been able to find further mention of this tribe in Steven Schend's splendid "Lands of Intrigue" or any other sources.

Now my question to the wise sages is if there are any other references about faerūnian sea orcs in general (never heard of such a thing before) and/or the Split Mast tribe in particular? Our campaign starts in 1372 and I'd hate one of my players suddenly to tell me that this tribe didn't survive the Reclamation Wars as I plan to use them instead of the adventure's goblins.

Thank you in Advance,
WQ

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2011 :  06:39:53  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing about them in Volo's Guide to BG II, War in Tethyr ... Look on the page 32 of Lands of Intrigue, under the Orc Scourge paragraph. Good luck with the Runelords, we placed the adventure in the Moonshaes and the Sword Coast.

Go to Top of Page

Wormys_Queue
Acolyte

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2011 :  21:05:17  Show Profile Send Wormys_Queue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, thank you for mentioning Volo's Guide, I didn't even think of looking into that one. That aside, I know about the Year of Going Too Far, but that was a hundred years before those sea orcs seem to have settled the Starspire Mountains. Also there are orc references in LoI, so I guess it wouldn't be so hard to explain their existence in the Starspire Mountains anyways. It's just that this special tribe seems to be exactly where I need it so if it still exists, I wouldn't even have to invent a new one.

btw, RotRl in the Moonshaes sounds fun. I would love to hear more about that :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000