Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lords of Waterdeep Board Game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2015 :  21:16:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

The expansion is great. Games can especially get crazy with Skullport, as people are frantically grabbing and replacing corruption tokens. I just wish I could find somewhere around here to play.

The game I played at GenCon used those rules. I managed to end the game without any corruption.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2015 :  16:25:57  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

The expansion is great. Games can especially get crazy with Skullport, as people are frantically grabbing and replacing corruption tokens. I just wish I could find somewhere around here to play.

The game I played at GenCon used those rules. I managed to end the game without any corruption.

Nothing can corrupt the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2022 :  21:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I continue to enjoy this board game. But I have one thing that irks me. Taols are worth 2gp in the city and Harbor Moons are worth 50gp.

If they were Platinum Suns and Harbor Moons it would make sense. If it were Taols and Platinum Suns again it would make sense.

Does this bother anyone else? Has anyone else reconciled this?

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2022 :  23:23:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

So I continue to enjoy this board game. But I have one thing that irks me. Taols are worth 2gp in the city and Harbor Moons are worth 50gp.

If they were Platinum Suns and Harbor Moons it would make sense. If it were Taols and Platinum Suns again it would make sense.

Does this bother anyone else? Has anyone else reconciled this?

Never really paid any attention to it, since it's not really relevant, in the board game.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2022 :  16:24:57  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But since Gelcur performed necromantic magics on this thread, it's reminded me that I ought to finish writing down my house rules for an added benefit/secret for the game that deepens the game because of the lore. No worries—I'll share the link when I get around to finishing those rules…

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2022 :  18:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to reading Steven. This is one of our favorite games in our group and we wish they they would produce more expansions or even new versions set in different cities/regions.

I've always wanted to use the board as a backdrop for a quest in Waterdeep where, the players start off as adventurer "cubes" and advance their way up to agent "meeples" and eventually have the chance to become new Lord having the pick up playing a game halfway through. Almost like the chess board problems.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000