Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep Site Update (02-August-2011)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  14:03:08  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

Aye, thine eyes see the truth! After considerable time, the Candlekeep site is active again... herein are a number of items of lore which have been gathering dust within my study for far too long. As well as up to date product and novel pages, we have some truly outstanding pieces of lore submitted by fellow scribes. I hope ye enjoy this latest batch...it's good to be back

1) New product information pages for: Eye of Justice, The Masked Witches, Neverwinter (novel), Neverwinter Fortune Cards, The Spectral Blaze, Brimstone Angels, Transitions Gift Set, The Last Mythal Omnibus, The Haunted Lands Omnibus, Bury Elminster Deep, Unbroken Chain: The Darker Road, Ed Greenwood presents Waterdeep, Book 2, The Legend of Drizzt Board Game, Neverwinter (PC game).

2) Updated the Forgotten Realms Bibliography, and 2011 FR Release Schedule.

3) An article by George Krashos on the alternative magic researched by the Netherese; The Magic of Mantles. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

4) An extensive document of historical information on the ancient land of Aryvandaar, by Paul Simpson. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

5) A wonderful collection of lore and information on the elven Realm of Eaerlann, by Paul Simpson. Additional tomes of lore for Eaerlann locations also by Paul Simpson are: the elven port of Teu'tel'Alu, Mhilamniir and Ascalhorn, The Secrets of Aryvandaar.

6) More wonderful elven lore by Paul Simpson; Glaurachyndaar, City of Scrolls and The City of Rystalmyth. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

7) Two netbooks for the Maztica Alive! project, submitted by T J Hild for the 'Maztica Alive team': Book I: Monsters of the True World (Maztica and Lopango) and Book II: The Great Skyhome (Maztica and Spelljammer). Located in Forgotten Realms Netbooks.

8) Details on various areas of the ancient elven city, by Randy Neighbors: Myth Drannor's sites: Past, Present and Future. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

9) Prayers, blessings and religious lore (author unknown) in Writings on Sharess. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

10) Laerakond (Returned Abeir) beautifully mapped, (artist unknown) in the Map Room. Also in the Map Room, a keyed map of Harrowdale.

11) Recordings by Paul Jordan of Ed Greenwood seminars in 2006. Recordings are spread over numerous parts and can be downloaded from the Realmslore section.

12) New artwork in the Gallery of Faerûn; a mixture of pencil sketches and digital art by Laerrigan (J.L. Cordell), and 'Velenor', by Gustav Nieto.

As always, these items can be viewed directly via links on the Home Page and News page.

Also please join us on Facebook and follow our feeds on Twitter.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  21:50:37  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that its a big deal Alaundo, but
in my last name, there is no u. But,
thank you for putting up my contribution.
I am honored for it.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  23:25:55  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Not that its a big deal Alaundo, but
in my last name, there is no u. But,
thank you for putting up my contribution.
I am honored for it.

Far from it, Althen Artren...it is indeed a big deal and many apologies. I will get this amended right away...

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

glitter
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  13:25:06  Show Profile Send glitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That link sends me back a 404 error
http://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/Eaerlann_book#4.zip

-The black knight is invincible!
- You’re a looney.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  21:10:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by glitter

That link sends me back a 404 error
http://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/Eaerlann_book#4.zip

Well met

Thanks for letting me know, glitter.

Hmmm I see the issue now, it appears as though the hash (#) is causing a problem for the system. I have now renamed the files to exlude the hash (e.g. Eaerlann_book4.zip), which work fine.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  03:46:51  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two questions:

1) Isn't that MarkusTay's map of Laerakond that you have attributed as "artist unknown"? It sure looks like his work...

2) Is there a link anywhere on the main page to the updated PDFs of "So Saith Ed"? Because I couldn't find one...

That's all; many thanks to all contributing scribes and to Alaundo for posting the new material!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  04:37:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

2) Is there a link anywhere on the main page to the updated PDFs of "So Saith Ed"? Because I couldn't find one...
You'll find the most up-to-date archives here.

I'm presently finishing up my compositions for the 2010 and 2011 "So Saith Ed" archives, which Alaundo will upload to the main-site when I'm done.

It's just taking longer than expected, because I'm perusing other older scrolls [aside from the "Questions for Ed Greenwood" scrolls for both 2010 and 2011] here at Candlekeep for those two year-periods, to find all the posts the Lady Hooded One has made elsewhere.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  19:23:41  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone who looks at my contribution should check for
a joke about a librarian, see if you like it.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  20:55:19  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link, Sage; I noticed that there were no index files for '08 and '09, and that one of the earlier index files (I think it was '07, but I don't recall now) downloads as Word instead of PDF. I'm not overly concerned about the missing files, because the Search function (if used properly) is faster anyway, but the non-PDF format of the one file caused minor irritation of my brain.

Oh, and a third, related to my second question above:

3) Would it be possible for those titles in Alaundo's OP to be turned into links directly to the specific documents? That would be most excellent... many thanks.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing... a link on CK's main page to a download of a zip archive of all of CK's downloadable scribe lore (excluding the "So Saith Ed" material, because that's much too large), updated quarterly as needed, would be great as well... not to be too demanding or anything...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 25 Jan 2012 21:01:57
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  01:45:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Thanks for the link, Sage; I noticed that there were no index files for '08 and '09 ...
The Index Files for '08 and '09 are still coming.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  09:00:25  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Alaundo. The history of Arvyandarr is particulary interesting to me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000