Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Site Update (02-August-2011)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  14:02:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

Aye, thine eyes see the truth! After considerable time, the Candlekeep site is active again... herein are a number of items of lore which have been gathering dust within my study for far too long. As well as up to date product and novel pages, we have some truly outstanding pieces of lore submitted by fellow scribes. I hope ye enjoy this latest batch...it's good to be back

1) New product information pages for: Eye of Justice, The Masked Witches, Neverwinter (novel), Neverwinter Fortune Cards, The Spectral Blaze, Brimstone Angels, Transitions Gift Set, The Last Mythal Omnibus, The Haunted Lands Omnibus, Bury Elminster Deep, Unbroken Chain: The Darker Road, Ed Greenwood presents Waterdeep, Book 2, The Legend of Drizzt Board Game, Neverwinter (PC game).

2) Updated the Forgotten Realms Bibliography, and 2011 FR Release Schedule.

3) An article by George Krashos on the alternative magic researched by the Netherese; The Magic of Mantles. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

4) An extensive document of historical information on the ancient land of Aryvandaar, by Paul Simpson. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

5) A wonderful collection of lore and information on the elven Realm of Eaerlann, by Paul Simpson. Additional tomes of lore for Eaerlann locations also by Paul Simpson are: the elven port of Teu'tel'Alu, Mhilamniir and Ascalhorn, The Secrets of Aryvandaar.

6) More wonderful elven lore by Paul Simpson; Glaurachyndaar, City of Scrolls and The City of Rystalmyth. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

7) Two netbooks for the Maztica Alive! project, submitted by T J Hild for the 'Maztica Alive team': Book I: Monsters of the True World (Maztica and Lopango) and Book II: The Great Skyhome (Maztica and Spelljammer). Located in Forgotten Realms Netbooks.

8) Details on various areas of the ancient elven city, by Randy Neighbors: Myth Drannor's sites: Past, Present and Future. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

9) Prayers, blessings and religious lore (author unknown) in Writings on Sharess. Located in Traveler's Notebooks.

10) Laerakond (Returned Abeir) beautifully mapped, (artist unknown) in the Map Room. Also in the Map Room, a keyed map of Harrowdale.

11) Recordings by Paul Jordan of Ed Greenwood seminars in 2006. Recordings are spread over numerous parts and can be downloaded from the Realmslore section.

12) New artwork in the Gallery of Faerūn; a mixture of pencil sketches and digital art by Laerrigan (J.L. Cordell), and 'Velenor', by Gustav Nieto.

As always, these items can be viewed directly via links on the Home Page and News page.

Also please join us on Facebook and follow our feeds on Twitter.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  14:16:44  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow good to see the main page active and full of new content once again. This is indeed a fine adition. BTW is there any new compendium planned? Eager to take a look at some new content in that matter

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  14:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

Wow good to see the main page active and full of new content once again. This is indeed a fine adition. BTW is there any new compendium planned? Eager to take a look at some new content in that matter

Well met, Thelonius

Glad ye like the new content

Regarding the Candlekeep Compendium...watch this space Part of the issue which halted the release of Volume 10 was the constraints enforced by WotC with the Fan Site Policy.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  15:36:18  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah ok, didn't know about some Fan policy by WotC, thanks for the headsup

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  16:33:42  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the great update, Alaundo!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  11:35:54  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's nice to see the new updates. Thanks, Al.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2011 :  05:13:28  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Much appreciated. The forums are fun, interesting, and useful, but updates to the main site itself are always glad news.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2011 :  07:45:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thanks all for the feedback; it's always good to hear if fellow scribes are enjoying the new material. Thanks too, of course, to those who have submitted this latest batch of work (and apologies for the delay on getting this out).

From now on (and in particular for Candlekeep v2), updates will be provided more dynamically as and when they arrive, rather than having lengthy periods between releases. So keep an eye out on our social networking sites for quick bursts of information on new novels, items of lore etc.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly