Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Society of plane travelers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  21:09:56  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Dear fellow scribes, maybe you can help me out with this: in one of my source books I read quite some time ago about a society of plane travelers/researchers/investigators. I checked my source books related to Planescape and/or the planes, but couldn't find the page again.

Can anyone help me out with where to find this. I got extremely hooked up with this society.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  23:18:58  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afb right now, but I believe the Epic Level Handbook had some planar-hopping societies.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2011 :  23:20:14  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Dear fellow scribes, maybe you can help me out with this: in one of my source books I read quite some time ago about a society of plane travelers/researchers/investigators. I checked my source books related to Planescape and/or the planes, but couldn't find the page again.

Can anyone help me out with where to find this. I got extremely hooked up with this society.

Could this be the Planewalkers' Guild, which is featured in Tales from the Infinite Staircase (p. 20)?
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  00:10:15  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth
Could this be the Planewalkers' Guild, which is featured in Tales from the Infinite Staircase (p. 20)?

Thauramarth, that's it, thank you very much!!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  11:29:26  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never heard of them. Are they based in Waterdeep or somewhere else on Faerun? Or do they operate from Sigil?

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  13:43:43  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bladewind

Never heard of them. Are they based in Waterdeep or somewhere else on Faerun? Or do they operate from Sigil?

None of the above, really - their main base (if they have such) is on one of the bigger landings of the Infinite Staircase.
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  14:14:48  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember that it used to be in Sigil, now it's a tent-city that often moves

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  20:09:16  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realmslore mentions a Council of Far Travellers -- long before Planescape twinkled in David Cook's eye. This is one of the least exposed and publicly detailed groups or individuals relative to its influence on Faerūn.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  20:35:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Realmslore mentions a Council of Far Travellers -- long before Planescape twinkled in David Cook's eye. This is one of the least exposed and publicly detailed groups or individuals relative to its influence on Faerūn.

Where was this group mentioned? It's not a name that I'm recognizing immediately...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  20:37:12  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon #69, and it was discussed by Ed at Gen Con 2003.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  23:02:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll have to pull up that file when I get home, and see what's written about this group. Thanks!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2011 :  01:39:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I've got a question pending with Ed, on the Far Travellers. Back in 2005, maybe.

If not, I really need to ask, because this particular council has always intrigued me.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000