Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Demon Daddy!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  05:50:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

-I really hated Azazel in the Uncanny X-Men comics, because the brief storyline that involved him, I thought, totally blew. The character was pretty cool in X-Men: First Class, however.

I liked the concept of Azazel, and the relationship between him, Mystique, and Nightcrawler. But I wasn't much of a fan of that particular story-arc.

-If they cut down on the contrived "He's Satan!" and "Angels vs. Demons" concepts, I'd be able to stomach it more. My girlfriend and I were reading that particular graphic novel the other day, and I noticed that it dated Mystique meeting with Azazel and giving birth to Nightcrawler as '20 years ago', and I am assuming they meant from the present date. That's either an error, or a retcon making Nightcrawler only 20! It was nice to seeing Abyss again, though, even if it was very obviously not his Age of Apocalypse version.

Abyss has popped elsewhere both before and since that particular story-arc. A previous appearance, IIRC, was tied to his AoA [Earth-295]-counterpart, while the later appearance was based on the Earth-616 Abyss.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  06:20:00  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Right: Since then, he was depowered during Decimation, but regained them after hanging with Quicksilver around when the Silent War took place, and teleported a bunch of his friends from doom back into his/his father's dimension. I just meant it as in, the Age of Apocalypse Abyss was much cooler than the 616 Abyss. I like the character, as far as how much one can like generic Marvel characters who are more or less background characters, and I'd rather see any version of him than no version of him.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 05 Jul 2011 06:21:20
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  09:54:42  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like demons or magic in X-Men type things. Superheroes should have super powers, not magical powers in my opinion.

I'm surprised people are picking people like Pazuzu. Being a bird person seems like it'd be gross...you could be like the chicken lady from Kids in the Hall [ For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwnAdT9I_o ]. I'd also really not want to be a half-demon, i'd have ACTUAL evil instincts built into me :o

Edited by - MrHedgehog on 05 Jul 2011 10:00:29
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2011 :  18:18:33  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

I don't like demons or magic in X-Men type things. Superheroes should have super powers, not magical powers in my opinion.

-Super powers can be of magical origin (Dr. Strange), just like they can be natural (X-Men Mutants), from items (Juggernaut, Captain America), from technology (Iron Man), or a combination of all of those (Dr. Doom).

quote:

I'm surprised people are picking people like Pazuzu. Being a bird person seems like it'd be gross...you could be like the chicken lady from Kids in the Hall [ For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwnAdT9I_o ]. I'd also really not want to be a half-demon, i'd have ACTUAL evil instincts built into me :o

-I thought the same thing. Pazuzu, I like him as a D&D Demon Lord, but I wouldn't want to actually be his off-spring, because yeah, that'd be weird.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  00:33:52  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-I thought the same thing. Pazuzu, I like him as a D&D Demon Lord, but I wouldn't want to actually be his off-spring, because yeah, that'd be weird.

Weird? Definitely. What part of being sired by a demon/devil isn't? But I don't find Pazuzu to be stranger than say, Demo-Gorgon, or Grazz't. Goat legs or a beak and wings? I'll take the wings, thanks.

P.S. Chicken Lady, hilarious!

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 06 Jul 2011 00:35:42
Go to Top of Page

ChieftainTwilight
Learned Scribe

171 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  02:03:19  Show Profile Send ChieftainTwilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
for me, it would be a toss-up between Asmodeus and Astaroth. both are the perfect SORT of entity to be an appropriate infernal sire of a character of mine for personal use. it's mostly in attitude, realy, as wel as presence. but for the sake of sympathetic bonds, the slight advantage goes to Astaroth (even in the face of the many butcherings of that character). the reason is thus; Astaroth can be academically traced back to various Pagan Goddesses, a number of which translate into aspects of my real-life Mother-Goddess, the Morrighan. this includes -- evidenced by way of occult research -- the Sumerian Goddess, Innana/Ishtar, as well as the Egyptian Goddess, Isis. it is possible that also the Norns of Nordic Mythology, and the Greek Goddess, Hecate.

so, my official vote went to Astaroth, though realy it would be a toss-up.

and a heart can only break so many times
and I've been to hell and back so many times
and I've seen folks walk away so many times
but just like anyone else I gotta stand up by myself
and a heart can only break so many times
a heart can only break so many times
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  10:00:46  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pazuzu is an obyrith, that's like wanting to be the spawn of Cthulu

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  18:08:33  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

quote:

Weird? Definitely. What part of being sired by a demon/devil isn't? But I don't find Pazuzu to be stranger than say, Demo-Gorgon, or Grazz't. Goat legs or a beak and wings? I'll take the wings, thanks.

-Well, exactly. There are different degrees of...'separation' from the Human race (or Elven, Dwarven, etc.). Some Demon Lords are a lot more Humanoid that others. The ones that are not all together that Humanoid, that'd make things a little more weird than the ones that are moreso.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2011 :  05:09:28  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have chosen Orcus, since the question is about Demon Lords. If the question was about devils, I would choose Mephistopheles. The guy is cunning bastard that could have some plans for his progeny. And I have chosen Orcus because I am interested what will be born from seed of undead Demon Lord.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómė
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2011 :  05:35:36  Show Profile Send Aryalómė a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Graz'zt is a sexy devil!-er.....Demon Lord, lol. So I choose him! Wait a second.....who's doing the birthing?!?
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  11:46:34  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Graz''zt is probably the best choice but i personnally like the story of mephisto so that is who i would choose.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
— H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories)
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  20:16:24  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picked Asmodeus for reasons that should be glaringly obvious.

If I were to pick a demon lord, I'd probably pick Pazuzu, though Demogorgon could be interesting. I don't necessarily think the sire's appearance will have too much affect on the child's appearance, especially for demons; they're formed out of living chaos and evil. Pazuzu may be a bird, but his child's as likely to be a fish or a living (evil)cake as an avian.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  20:58:05  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From that list Kostchtchie, would be Haagenti if all are included in the poll. Seem most powerful for an arcane or warrior type of character. Grazz't for rogues.
Go to Top of Page

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  20:59:11  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mephisto. Dude's got style.

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2011 :  19:20:01  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Malkazid would be an interesting choice as well, since he's held like... every title in the Underworld. Plus, he was a Solar at one point, so I am sure he could pass along those good looks.

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  11:24:46  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cleric Generic

Mephisto. Dude's got style.

Indeed. And I love the eyes.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2011 :  16:26:34  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mephisto was arguably one of the best villians in the marvel comicbook universe during the late 70's and early to mid 80's. His villianous nature was almost palpable. Before i read these comics i wasnt much of a demon buff and rarely used them in my campaigns. mephisto is by far a more treacherous foe for asmodeus then grazz't. grazz't would do well to take a page out of mephisto's book if he has any ambitions to usurp azmodeus's throne.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2011 :  16:53:57  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's Mephistopheles' weakness though. He's blatantly obvious with his treachery. He went right up to Asmodeus and said "I plan on overthrowing you." To which Asmodeus replied with calm amusement.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2011 :  06:49:58  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

That's Mephistopheles' weakness though. He's blatantly obvious with his treachery. He went right up to Asmodeus and said "I plan on overthrowing you." To which Asmodeus replied with calm amusement.

Somehow that could be a good plan. Azzy would expect Mephisto to stab him anytime, or try to. And the latter could use it to his advantage by sending someone else to do the job.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2011 :  18:30:47  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you have to admire his conviction and stubburness. not to mention his gall, who amoung asmdeus's rivals has the guts to blatantly tell him to his face i will ursup your throne one day!

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2011 :  17:46:45  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lions, tigers, and Balors...oh my

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2011 :  00:07:10  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I picked Lolth, because it would be a neat trick for her to be my character's father!

Same. I picture a dusky-skinned half-drowish standing in front of the Spider Queen (any of her forms), and his companion's eyes widening as he says:

"Hi, dad. Can I have my allowance, please?"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000