Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Computer Software
 Neverwinter MMO/CO-OP Game.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2013 :  13:24:30  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

The new "expansion" for this came out this week. It gives the option of playing as a sun elf or a dark elf, plus some other features. Just wanted to let people know if they still play this, I got bored of it within two weeks so haven't really played since I got to 60 a few days after my last post about the game.

I believe its Sun Elf and Moon Elf, the drow are still suspiciously absent. Also, unless I read an article entirely wrong, you have to pay to unlock these new races.

Still no new classes, a very intrusive cash shop and linearity on par with an early 90s dungeon crawler but with none of the charm, I am thoroughly done with Neverwinter, regretting every dollar I spent on the "Guardian" pack.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2013 :  18:18:09  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caladan Brood

I believe its Sun Elf and Moon Elf, the drow are still suspiciously absent. Also, unless I read an article entirely wrong, you have to pay to unlock these new races.

Still no new classes, a very intrusive cash shop and linearity on par with an early 90s dungeon crawler but with none of the charm, I am thoroughly done with Neverwinter, regretting every dollar I spent on the "Guardian" pack.

Oh do you? It looked to me like they were included in the update without paying for them since they're listed as some of the new features. I could be wrong as well, I stopped playing for pretty much the same reasons you did. Maybe I'll go back if they make some new classes, I didn't care for the ones that are there already but I stuck through it with a mage.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1225 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2013 :  20:13:01  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can play the drow and sun elf free. However, the free drow as I understand is not the same as the drow you pay for. Moon elf you pay for. No new classes yet.

- Delwa Aunglor of Tangled Trees
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

My Forging the Realms Archives (Google Drive pdfs)
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2014 :  22:34:59  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello August 2013, January 2014 here. :D Was wondering if anyone still plays NW. Is the CK guild still active too?
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1225 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2014 :  02:33:14  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As soon as I get my computer fixed, I still play. Not sure about the Guild, though.

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1112 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2014 :  17:51:42  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage  Click to see hashimashadoo's MSN Messenger address Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just started playing a week ago but honestly I much prefer Star Trek Online. Didn't know there was a Candlekeep guild. Might look it up.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  08:10:47  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

I just started playing a week ago but honestly I much prefer Star Trek Online. Didn't know there was a Candlekeep guild. Might look it up.

Yes, I love me some STO. Star Trek is my other great passion, so having both games made by the same company is awfully convenient. :D
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  21:44:07  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I currently have 2 epic characters. Tiefling CW and Moon Elf DC.
I still love the game and more than likely will start either Hunter Ranger or a GWF soon. :)
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  22:56:21  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a GWF as my main, and he's really super. Late 30s/early 40s are a bit slow, but then he really takes off and the trip to mid-50s goes very smoothly before slowing down again. The Hunter Rangers are brilliant too. It's so much fun dropping groups of trash mobs before they even get half way to you. :D
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1112 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2014 :  13:10:36  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage  Click to see hashimashadoo's MSN Messenger address Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got me a Devoted Cleric. Only level 12 but people like to have a healer in their party. Couldn't find a Candlekeep guild though.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  18:04:49  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They announced the next expansion today, which is going to involve Icewind Dale.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  20:54:47  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Part of the official spiel, describing the new zones:

"Icewind Dale
This iconic region has been recreated in Neverwinter, after being the primary location of multiple R.A. Salvatore novels, as well as multiple other video games.

Caer-Konig
This new zone is a small fishing town in Icewind Dale, a staging point for those seeking black ice, and the neutral ground in the growing conflict between the Ten-Towners and Arcane Brotherhood. It will serve as the main social hub for all Icewind Dale activities.

Icewind Pass
This treacherous pass is one of the two new zones that will offer both PvP and PvE content to players.

Dwarven Valley
This expansive valley is the second of the two new zones that will offer both PvP and PvE content to players.

Kessell's Retreat
Akar Kessel has returned and has fortified himself in a location high within Kelvin's Cairn, the mountain peak that overlooks all of Icewind Dale."

There's some shtick with 'black ice', which I am unfamiliar with, and sure as eggs is eggs we'll be fighting Kessell at the end of the trip. Also, looks like Ten Towns will become One Towns here. :D
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034893

Edited by - pcgneurotic on 04 Mar 2014 20:57:23
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
342 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2014 :  20:03:31  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They've just announced the next module: Tyranny of Dragons.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus

Edited by - Aulduron on 19 May 2014 20:03:47
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  09:54:44  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there still a Candlekeep guild? If so, who do I need to talk to about joining up?

If not, would anyone be interested in joining me in starting one up?

Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  10:53:34  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hobbitfan

Is there still a Candlekeep guild? If so, who do I need to talk to about joining up?

If not, would anyone be interested in joining me in starting one up?

I don't know about a current guild - I would guess from some of the replies here that it's dormant somehow. So, two options present themselves:

1) The GM of the existing guild could log in and assign GM status to a more active player (or whatever the equivalent action is in NW), and that player could go about revitalising the guild, or

2) We could start from scratch. To do that, we need a full party of 5 to be gathered together in Protector's Enclave. One person does the paperwork (and thus becomes the guild owner/initial GM), and the other 4 are co-signatories to it. Once created, the other 4 can even leave the guild immediately, which is handy if we're short of CKers at the time.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1225 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  11:20:19  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm Guild Leader by default (the original founders haven't been on in awhile) in The Harpers of Shadowdale. If you want to join, lemme know. I'm not able to get on often due to real life, but if you want to join, holler.

Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  11:54:44  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I'm Guild Leader by default (the original founders haven't been on in awhile) in The Harpers of Shadowdale. If you want to join, lemme know. I'm not able to get on often due to real life, but if you want to join, holler.

If nothing happens in the next week or so, I shall definitely be in touch! It's about time I had a proper look at Gauntlgrym...
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1225 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  12:26:17  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pcgneurotic

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

If nothing happens in the next week or so, I shall definitely be in touch! It's about time I had a proper look at Gauntlgrym...

I've not done much there, but I wouldn't mind finding more if we can work out real life schedules!
You can send me a PM here (I check at least daily) or in Neverwinter at Delwa Aunglor@delwacandlekeep (I check whenever I get online, at least once a week, more often during events like the Jubilee.)

Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  12:35:58  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely, thanks for the details!
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  21:04:43  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I feel bad guys. In the interim I found a guild, but if things don't work out with them I'd love to play in the Candlekeep guild
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  21:10:12  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I feel bad guys. In the interim I found a guild, but if things don't work out with them I'd love to play in the Candlekeep guild

Easy man, no worries! Keep an eye on this thread for further developments, and in the meantime, enjoy yourself. :)
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1225 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2014 :  16:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's all good. if you ever see a TR Elf with a strong affinity for black and purple that bears my name, feel free to say hi!
Enjoy the game.

Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2014 :  08:26:23  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if you guys saw the article on the NW news page but they are doing a Foundry contest between now and when 5E launches where they want Foundry authors submitting Cult of the Dragon themed adventures.

I thought it sounds interesting. I'm not competent enough either in the Foundry or with cult-lore to do this but I thought you folks might find this interesting!

Pipeweed and lots of meals!

HobbitFan
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1225 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2014 :  11:51:32  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know if you guys saw the article on the NW news page but they are doing a Foundry contest between now and when 5E launches where they want Foundry authors submitting Cult of the Dragon themed adventures.

I thought it sounds interesting. I'm not competent enough either in the Foundry or with cult-lore to do this but I thought you folks might find this interesting!

Pipeweed and lots of meals!

HobbitFan

I saw it, I'm ok with Cult lore pre 1385. If I can come up with a good story, I might try my hands at it. Never authored a Foundry adventure, though.

Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Seeker

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2014 :  13:54:37  Show Profile  Visit pcgneurotic's Homepage Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That reminds me - in case anyone missed it, this is part of the tie-in with the new Dragons stuff WOTC are doing. Not too far away now, Module 4 will be released, and with it comes a new class - the long-suspected Scourge Warlock.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000