Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 How up to date are you with reading FR novels? [2]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  15:05:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I bought mine (just books 1 and 2) at 50% discount years ago (together with Frostfell). I couldn't forget because those two are the only Realms novels I bought that had discount.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2013 :  12:49:33  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just started Silver Shadows.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2013 :  11:38:01  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Just started Silver Shadows.

It's a great stories :) Thornhold is a good one too after this one if you have read the books with the "songs and swords" series

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2013 :  15:13:26  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I did indeed plan to read Thornhold after that one.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  02:30:46  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Shadowbane, what a MASTERPIECE! Really, reading Prince of Ravens and then Shadowbane is like starting to love 4e!

Anyways, congrats to Erik Scott de Bie for this great great novel! Already purchased Shadowbane: Eye of Justice and hope it turns out as good as this one.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

ile
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  21:31:21  Show Profile  Visit ile's Homepage Send ile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sellswords Trilogy,books that I would gladly recommend to anyone(to anyone who loves fantasy that is)........and that last book,Road of the Patriarch,is a real page turner.:)))
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2013 :  12:51:48  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ile

The Sellswords Trilogy,books that I would gladly recommend to anyone(to anyone who loves fantasy that is)........and that last book,Road of the Patriarch,is a real page turner.:)))

Ho yes, you said it ! I would like more histories with that famous Entreri

And it's an Epic end !

Edited by - HardKano on 23 Jan 2013 12:52:24
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2013 :  17:30:07  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The existence of the thread "What are you reading?" often makes me forget about this one.

Anyway, I finished reading Prophet of the Dead sometime this month. As expected from Richard, always, a fantastic book!

Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2013 :  18:01:29  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm reading Dream Spheres right now, soon to be finished.

Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  21:38:01  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lordduck
The two books by Kemp you removed are Godbound and Godslayer?
Yes
quote:
Originally posted by lordduckAlso, I find it weird that for such a complete site, it doesn't list the Stone of Tymora novels.
I now ordered them from amazon and I have to say I am a little angry that they have a different size than normal FR paperbacks and also lack the FR logo on their spine.
quote:
Are you counting Anthologies like Drizzt Collected Stories, Best of the Realms and Realm of the Dead, etc.?
Yes
quote:
Originally posted by lordduckThe thing that might mess up the count from one person to another is with series like The Abyssal Plague, Lost Gods and Mysteries where not all the books are in the FR universe. Some might count all the books in the serie, some might just count the actual FR novel.
Like me. I only count the parts of a series that are FR novels
quote:
An anthology like Untold Adventure which contains short stories from the FR universe but is not listed as a FR anthology but rather a DnD anthology might also mess with the end number.
Hm, wasn't aware of that one. Also not in my count

quote:
Originally posted by lordduckAlso, the site o-love still lists the book Best of the Realms, Book IV, The, R. A. Salvatore (January 2011). That book hasn't come out under that name but rather as The Collected Stories: The Legend of Drizzt.
Indeed, took me some time to figure that out.
quote:
It also doesn't list the Cold Steel and Secret books (all 4 of them), Sword of the Gods: Spinner of Lies, Prince of Ravens and Spider and Stone.
That's why I was missing them at first, later added them after seeing them in the ebook only thread here at the boards.

quote:

Ok here's my end number, it contains the anthologies (including Untold Adventures since there are 3-4 FR stories in it). It contains only the 2 FR books of the Abyssal Plague, only the 2 FR books of the Mysteries Trilogy as well as only the 2 FR books in the Lost Gods Trilogy. It will only contain books and ebooks that have been released up to today. I did not count those that have been announced but not released.

I'm at 272.
Well, mine has the non-released books, but not untold adventures. I need to check if that's the 3 book difference.

Maybe we could upload our lists somewere to compare. I have mine as a handy excel-file

Edited by - Mirtek on 26 Feb 2013 21:39:41
Go to Top of Page

lordduck
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  18:54:06  Show Profile Send lordduck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

Maybe we could upload our lists somewere to compare. I have mine as a handy excel-file

Sure I don't mind, you can pm me your email address, it might be easier this way. Since last I posted there was a book or two released so my count should be higher by one or two.

I don't mind uploading my checklist, it's a txt file.

Edited by - lordduck on 27 Feb 2013 18:59:29
Go to Top of Page

Andrekan
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  17:09:38  Show Profile Send Andrekan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty much reading up for the Sundering. Finished all the stories leading up to and the Twilight Wars (Halls of Stormweather, Shadows Witness, 3 Cale's). Have followed as they become availble all Elminster's! I have enjoyed some of the Novels that actually have been printed but haven't read the Kindle released volumes which have not been printed. I'm not much on reading for hours from screens or scystones for that matter but I do hope to see some of them in a paperback version someday (Scott De Bie and Bruce Cordell)really enjoyed those volume 1's. I have the entire set of the Brotherhood Griffon as they have come out but hope to start those as soon as I finish 'Threshold' which I am now 94 pages deep.

"Those two talk only of drink, riches, women, brawling, and magic, so ye've a one in five chance..." Quote from "Elminster in Hell"
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  14:33:59  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished Dream Spheres. Starting Evermeet: Island of the elves !

Go to Top of Page

Avix
Acolyte

22 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2013 :  11:29:26  Show Profile Send Avix a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am currently reading Darkwell by Douglas Niles. Read the two previous volumes also :)
Go to Top of Page

Avix
Acolyte

22 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2013 :  23:55:15  Show Profile Send Avix a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read the Moonshae trilogy, the Crystal Shard and now I'm reading Spellfire
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2013 :  01:54:49  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I now finished my excel-list which hopefully has all FR novels currently available or announced.

http://dfiles.eu/files/qc86bs419

However I did exclude omnibuses, as the individual novels are already listed and I wanted to count only the unique novels.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2013 :  01:44:34  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently reading Jewel of Turmish...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2013 :  13:04:50  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally managed to finish Silver Shadows - had to pause in the middle (lots of work-related reading...). Now I am looking for a largely unused and at the same time inexpensive copy of Thornhold.

Edited by - Thieran on 02 May 2013 23:00:06
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2013 :  13:48:18  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
currently ready Prince of lies

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  15:32:59  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished "Canticle" by Ra salvtore and i Started "In Sylvan Shadows"

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  17:06:05  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any news whether Wotc will publish Erik's 3 Shadowbane novels as an omnibus of sorts in PAPER version (like the rogue dragons or erevis cale novels)? I long to read Erik's last two novels, but they are ebook exclusives.

Once there was a heated discussion on the matter of WotC ebooks publishing policy, but I haven't checked for a long time, so I don't know how things are.

Edited by - Elsenrail on 26 May 2013 17:07:16
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  17:36:46  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Picking up again (after reluctantly dropping it two weeks ago) The Spectral Blaze, Book III of The Brotherhood of the Griffon series by Richard Lee Byers.

Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2013 :  03:25:56  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Jewel of Turmish. Decent book, but I really wonder what it has to do with The Cities series. Kinda missed the topic.

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2013 :  09:57:23  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished "In Sylvan Shadows" by Ra salvatore and i Started "Night Masks" and "Vampire of the Mists" BY Christie Golden (Ravenloft)

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2013 :  13:13:04  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently reading Crucible : the Trial of Cyric the mad. Not the best by my point of view, but need it to get all books read ;) Maybe the end will change my mind, around page 260

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2013 :  18:08:46  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading Elminster Enraged at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2013 :  20:33:55  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Starting the Harpers novels ! with the Parched Sea

Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  18:16:47  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a couple chapters from finishing Promise of the Witch-King I'll probably start on Road of the Patriarch as soon as I'm finished.
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  13:56:14  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finined the Neverwinter Saga which brings my total FR books read to 68. With 29 more on my "to read" shelf.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2013 :  01:21:40  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently reading The Spectral Blaze and enjoying it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000