Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 How up to date are you with reading FR novels? [2]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2012 :  01:02:00  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Finished Return of the Archwizards trilogy. Were there annoying parts? Yes, a lot. But I really liked the books nevertheless!

Anyone knows if Galaeron and Malik show up in later books?

Unfortunately, no.

And Troy said he has no plans yet of writing an FR novel.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2012 :  01:46:41  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope this is an ok place to ask this question, but is there somewhere where can I see a list of currently available FR books and options to how I can buy them?

In the last couple of years I've been an avid fan of FR novels and have been purchasing most of the recent releases. But when I was browsing the topic for the Shadowbane E-book release, I realized that some FR novels are only being released as E-Books.

While I am a bit miffed about not being able to get these novels in a printed format (my bookshelf resents it too) I will grudgingly buy E-Books to follow the works of authors. I really do want to keep up with the tale of Shadowbane. The other thing that I saw mentioned in that topic was that there was a possibility of older books being released as an E-Book.

So basically, this brings me back to my initial question of if there's a nice site with a list of currently available FR novels.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and sorry if I'm derailing the topic.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  01:13:18  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished reading Venom In Her Veins by Tim Pratt a couple days ago. I liked the book overall and I will try to write up a better description in the next couple days. It focuses on a girl (Zaltys) who is adopted into a powerful merchant family when she is found in the jungle. Unbeknownst to her and most of the employees is that she is a Yuan Ti Pureblood. Zaltys is a Ranger. The caravan includes an Eladrin Wizard, a Tiefling Psion, a Dragonborn (that I believe is a Fighter), and a Human Shaman. A big chunk of the action is in the Underdark fighting Derro and random Abberations.

On the Lore/Insight front, there are numerous looks at Derro "society" and some insight into the Yuan Ti. There is also quite a bit about the adopted merchant family (the Serrats of Delzimmer) that I could see making them something one would adopt into a home game. I'll try to elaborate on that when I write up something longer.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  04:12:16  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished the Knights of Myth Drannor Trilogy.

Starting Cleric Quintet series

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2012 :  20:39:05  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished the Lost Library of Cormanthyr...A nice book overall ...I put to it 4 stars from 5 (4/5)

Starting the Temptation of Elminster...

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2012 :  21:51:03  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

I hope this is an ok place to ask this question, but is there somewhere where can I see a list of currently available FR books and options to how I can buy them?

In the last couple of years I've been an avid fan of FR novels and have been purchasing most of the recent releases. But when I was browsing the topic for the Shadowbane E-book release, I realized that some FR novels are only being released as E-Books.

While I am a bit miffed about not being able to get these novels in a printed format (my bookshelf resents it too) I will grudgingly buy E-Books to follow the works of authors. I really do want to keep up with the tale of Shadowbane. The other thing that I saw mentioned in that topic was that there was a possibility of older books being released as an E-Book.

So basically, this brings me back to my initial question of if there's a nice site with a list of currently available FR novels.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and sorry if I'm derailing the topic.

I have a good selection of Realms books in my ebay store; the link is in my profile.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2012 :  10:33:05  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last FR novel i read was the Rose of Sarifal, waiting for something new to come out thats NOT an ebook.
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2012 :  14:48:01  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just started Bury Elminster Deep, my first Realms novel in a while...
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2012 :  03:18:07  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Brimstone Angels. All in all quite a good book. I loved the parts in the sixth layer. The main story took its time to develop any climax at all however. Also I have my issues with the concept of warlocks being harrassed by their respective devil, which in any case is not the fault of the novel. Still, a good book. Curious to see what happens in the sequel.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2012 :  05:14:46  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Bought Sandstorm by CR. But I might not be able to read it until much, much later...as my attention is focused elsewhere.

Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2012 :  08:11:32  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started the first book in the Brotherhood of the Griffon. Keeping me entertained so far.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2012 :  12:29:40  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading Cleric quintet series since march, i'm in the fallen fortress

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2012 :  23:42:28  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Bury Elminster Deep and liked it a lot. Now I am waiting for my copy of Neverwinter to arrive...
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2012 :  02:04:27  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished Cordell's new "Spinner of Lies" novel. Didn't care for it, or the new lore introduced.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2012 :  04:24:06  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently reading Shadowbane, but can't get into reading the ebook thing. Perhaps the book itself just isn't grabbing me.

Also reading Brimstone Angels and going at a decent clip. I like it so far.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2012 :  00:17:02  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478
I have a good selection of Realms books in my ebay store; the link is in my profile.

Only noticed this now. I'll take a look.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2012 :  03:07:45  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Starting the Captive Flame by Richard Lee Byers. After a few pages I can already say, that this is a different league from the FR book I finished before (see further above). New authors need their chance, but there is just nothing like novels from Kemp, Byers and Cunningham...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2012 :  08:45:40  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Indeed. That's one of Richard's best, in my opinion. Full of surprises and has some good twists. A few characters from The Haunted Lands make a come-back in that book.

Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2012 :  15:19:18  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Starting the Captive Flame by Richard Lee Byers. After a few pages I can already say, that this is a different league from the FR book I finished before (see further above). New authors need their chance, but there is just nothing like novels from Kemp, Byers and Cunningham...

Couldn't agree more. They are my go-to authors for Realms fiction.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  11:09:49  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just started Neverwinter.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2012 :  13:00:33  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished The Cleric Quintet series monday ! Started Songs & Swords series tuesday !

Wednesday got a email that say my book Charon's Claw signed from RA Salvatore is on the way ! Yeahh ! Have the series signed ! :D

Im at 51 total novels read from the Realms :)

Edited by - HardKano on 10 Aug 2012 13:01:23
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2012 :  15:51:52  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

New authors need their chance, but there is just nothing like novels from Kemp, Byers and Cunningham...

I remember thinking the same exact thing in the 90's about Niles, Denning, Salvatore, and Grubb

*I realize Salvatore is still very active in writing Realms novels, but they don't feel the same as his first few trilogies

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2012 :  15:55:45  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:

New authors need their chance, but there is just nothing like novels from Kemp, Byers and Cunningham...

I remember thinking the same exact thing in the 90's about Niles, Denning, Salvatore, and Grubb

*I realize Salvatore is still very active in writing Realms novels, but they don't feel the same as his first few trilogies

Speaking of Jeff Grubb.
The Finder's Stone trilogy and even Masquerade were amazing books. Like really really good. Azure Bonds and The Wyvern's Spur in particular are phenomenal. Also Grubb's work on the Forgotten Realms comics of the early 90s, great stuff.

I wish he was back working on the new Realms. He really got the realms (and Kate Novak too I guess!)
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2012 :  16:26:59  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Floodgate and am now reading Charon Claw, and then I'll read Wizardwar. Followed by Evermeet, and HP Sorcerers Stone(Got free on Amazon Prime)

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  02:29:28  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got Charon's claw today ! Beautiful ! It push my collection to 237 novels ! (all editions merged)

Uniques it's 208 !

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2012 :  09:57:30  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started reading Shadow's Witness, and I like it a lot.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2012 :  16:19:00  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished Elfshadow, starting Eflsong

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2012 :  08:01:03  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Shadow's Witness - very nice to read something 'different' -, starting the Erevis Cale Trilogy Omnibus.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2012 :  12:47:55  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Finished Shadow's Witness - very nice to read something 'different' -, starting the Erevis Cale Trilogy Omnibus.

Ho nice what a speed reader ! :P

Between Jobs (2), Girlfriend, activities, i hope i can read more a week ! ;)

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2012 :  14:45:42  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should note that I had already started Shadow's Witness one or two days earlier before I posted that. Plus, a lengthy train journey yesterday helped a lot...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000