Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Servile wars
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2011 :  01:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm interested in a history of servile wars/ mass slave revolts throughout Toril's past. Bloodier the better, bigger scale the better.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2011 :  02:17:22  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Slave revolts?

There are not any that come to my mind at the moment. It some ways there always was risk of goblins revolting against the orcs that held them.

Slavery clearly exists in the Realms, however best I recall it was more on a local basics. That is slave escaping master or city as opposed to slaves trying to organize and act as a group.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2011 :  03:28:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

In a way, the first Red Wizards used to be slaves. So their revolt that led to the founding of Thay counts, I guess.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2011 :  18:23:57  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were Mulhorandi mages, not slaves.

The fall of Imaskar was the biggest revolt

there was a slave revolt in Calimshan in 527 DR, and against Gilgeam in Unther

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2011 :  19:17:01  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye the Imaskari used to collect Mulan slaves from off world. They first allowed their slaves to bring along their own pantheonic worship, to appease the upstart masses. The Imaskari thought to be safe behind the Godwall but eventually, around 4000 years before present, the Godkings arrived in avatar forms and bolstered the Mulan into fanatic slave armies, by using divine blessings and creating large castes of clerics.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000