Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Question on 3.5 Dual-Classing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlackDragonKarameikos
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  16:02:21  Show Profile  Visit BlackDragonKarameikos's Homepage Send BlackDragonKarameikos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've Actually decided to dual class my 55th lvl fighter and add the druid class to him.

As it states in Dual classing, you don't start out with certain abilites like you would if you started out freash as a 1st lvl Druid(e.g. the ability to start with an animal companion.)

My question is actually two-fold; 1. when would I gain my animal companion? and 2 since I am epic lvl as a fighter would that allow me to access an animal companion ofa higher lvl as a druid or wuold I be stuck to one of the Druid's Level?

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  16:09:37  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you multi-classing or using Unearthed Arcana dual-classing rules? If you just multi-class and take a level of Druid, you'd be just like a level 1 druid, with all the benefits.

Animal companion is based on your Druid + (½ Ranger) levels in 3.5

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

BlackDragonKarameikos
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  16:13:44  Show Profile  Visit BlackDragonKarameikos's Homepage Send BlackDragonKarameikos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Are you multi-classing or using Unearthed Arcana dual-classing rules? If you just multi-class and take a level of Druid, you'd be just like a level 1 druid, with all the benefits.

Animal companion is based on your Druid + (½ Ranger) levels in 3.5

Using the multiclassing rules out of the PHB, no Unearthed Arcana.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  16:29:15  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In that case, you'd have all the Druid abilities at first level. You might need to conduct the ceremony to summon your companion (since it just doesn't "appear" like a Paladin's mount), but there's no restriction that you can't have an animal companion when you multi-class.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  16:43:56  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ashe is correct, when you multi-class you gain the benefits (and drawbacks) the class features at that specific level. By going Druid 1, you calculate your benefits (+0 BAB; +2 Fort, +0 Ref, +2 Will) in addition to 1st level druid spells (if your not wearing metal armor that is) and an animal companion. This animal companion is selected from the druid list as if you were a 1st level druid.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000