Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Daggerdale Videogame setting
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  03:23:40  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can anyone explain this description for the upcoming forgotten realms game daggerdale.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/096/096126.html

In the summary it mentions Nentir Vale, but this is a location in the generic core D&D setting. see:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drdd/20110316

So are the game designers confused or is the description wrong or....?

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  06:23:51  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eh, video games and Realms canon have only occasionally aligned. I imagine it's just there to tie it into the generic D&D setting.
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  17:36:38  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then why set in "daggerdale" at all? It isn't like there is even a FR logo anywhere in the marketing of the game. Dumb.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  19:20:32  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

Then why set in "daggerdale" at all? It isn't like there is even a FR logo anywhere in the marketing of the game. Dumb.

And tell me: is the canon's handling of Baldur's Gate series smart?

I think we all know the answer to my question though :D

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
198 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  17:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
In the summary it mentions Nentir Vale, but this is a location in the generic core D&D setting.

Probably we'll find out, that the Nentir Vale was dropped into the Realms near Daggerdale during the Spellplague
And maybe we'll see 'Daggerdale' as next year's campaign setting (following the trend of Neverwinter this year) ?

Edited by - Lirdolin on 17 Apr 2011 18:03:40
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  12:30:34  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recall they mention on DDi where you can place the Nentir Vale in the realms, which IIRC is in the Dalelands - but not cannon. Maybe this will make it cannon??

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  16:03:52  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

While I'm not at all involved in this project or have an inside answer to offer, I will note that pre-release descriptions and writeups may or may not be accurate and/or reflect the actual content of the game. They may be based on evolving information that gets reworked during development, or they might just be miscommunications.

I'm not saying that's the case here--I'm merely suggesting that one should wait until the product is on the shelves before jumping to conclusions.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  18:15:28  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:

While I'm not at all involved in this project or have an inside answer to offer, I will note that pre-release descriptions and writeups may or may not be accurate and/or reflect the actual content of the game. They may be based on evolving information that gets reworked during development, or they might just be miscommunications.

I'm not saying that's the case here--I'm merely suggesting that one should wait until the product is on the shelves before jumping to conclusions.

Cheers

True. It's possible that someone in marketing maybe saw daggerdale and figured D&D is only Nentir Vale, and these two rythme, or some other funny reason. Then again, could be a merger. Like Erik says, we won't know for sure until it hits the shelves.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Nefarious
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2011 :  05:09:38  Show Profile  Visit Nefarious's Homepage Send Nefarious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The game is out, I bought it, seeing as it's only $15. It has received terrible reviews, but I can't pass up anything based in the Forgotten Realms, no matter how bad.
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2011 :  13:44:28  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a nice way to pass the time. Not a hard game and not badly done...
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2011 :  12:37:34  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm if its only $15 I just might have to get it. What does it play like? I heard its a mix of old Baldurs Gate: Alliance and Diablo? Correct?
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2011 :  15:47:50  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's mostly quest-based hack-and-slash...
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2011 :  04:07:44  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't help it but it looks kinda strange to see "Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale"....
No FR...
Maybe it's better that way, the trailer did not hook me up at all.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2011 :  05:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

I can't help it but it looks kinda strange to see "Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale"....
No FR...

First the novels, now everything else, it seems.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2011 :  16:49:07  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daviot

quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

No FR...

First the novels, now everything else, it seems.

The novels still say Forgotten Realms on the front cover.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO

Edited by - Bakra on 08 Jun 2011 16:49:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000