Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Most missed "Dead" Deity
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  08:03:14  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

To think: I didn't even vote for myself!
I'll rue the day...

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  12:46:50  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just thought I'd chime in to say that I love the fact that Moander is "dead." Of course I have known of him for a long time, but he has just recently come onto my radar as something I can use. I love the fact that he is still lurking at the edges like an infestation of mold, very difficult to eradicate completely. So many possibilities...

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
520 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  13:06:46  Show Profile  Visit GRYPHON's Homepage Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bhaal...
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
520 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  13:08:34  Show Profile  Visit GRYPHON's Homepage Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Myrkul was quite interesting, as well...
Go to Top of Page

ajfurst
Seeker

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  13:14:58  Show Profile  Visit ajfurst's Homepage Send ajfurst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mystra from the list. And by Mystra I mean Mystra, not Midnight. I'd love to see Mystra return. Her and Bane facing off is much better then Midnight and Cyric ever was.

I haven't a WOTC subscription so I don't know if he's dead or where he's gone, but I want Finder in 4E. Heck demote him to a 'mere' demi-god servant of Tymora if need be, but he was more interesting then most of the gods left intact.

Edited by - ajfurst on 16 Mar 2011 13:15:47
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  15:13:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dead gods don't rest easy, my friends.

(Oh and Helm for the win!)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

Lord of Bones
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  22:13:55  Show Profile  Visit Lord of Bones's Homepage Send Lord of Bones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why, Myrkul of course. Not that the cutter's dead! He's a zippy little hat with a gnarly attitude, and if it lands on your bonce you're in more trouble than when that addle-cove Cyric was caught with his hand in Shar's underwear drawer.

Come watch the Gentleman's Guide to Gaming!
http://www.youtube.com/user/clackclickbang

On my channel I review and dissect role-playing games with great gusto. Please do take a look and let me know what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  23:56:12  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I vote Mystra. In a world of gods who have dominion over seemingly all aspects of existence, to not have a god of magic is absurd.

quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan


As for Azuth being killed by Asmodeus, well, he didn't have his spells since Mystra just died (or his staff for that matter, as it was planted in Mystra's skull at the time). He could have been overrun with pit fiends, unable to flee to safety.





But gods have divine power (not weave dependant) at their disposal. Look at when Mystra fought (and got beat by) Cyric after she had denied him access to the weave. Surely Azuth could have at least transported himself to a safer location.
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  02:15:48  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:


But gods have divine power (not weave dependant) at their disposal. Look at when Mystra fought (and got beat by) Cyric after she had denied him access to the weave. Surely Azuth could have at least transported himself to a safer location.



Mystra left him Godsbane, which was really Mask (who still had full access to the Weave) which is why (I believe) Godsbane wounded Mystra so with each strike. What I've never understood about that scene is why Mystra didn't just draw power from the Weave as a whole versus "ripping" pieces out of it. Since it served to further the plot, though, I'll let it go without much thought.

Should you ever tire of Sune, simply hand her a mirror and walk away.

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3747 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  07:25:23  Show Profile  Click to see Alystra Illianniis's MSN Messenger address Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote has to go to Eilistraee. I truly despise the fact that drow are now left with nothing but Lolth. WHYYY??!!!! If WotC is so all-fired-up about "balance", why in the names of all the gods did they axe her?!! So now drow have no choice but to be evil?! Urgh, I don't even want to get into how stupid that is.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6398 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  07:30:59  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mighty Gruumsh is always willing to embrace new sacrifices followers. Drow vermin can always expect a warm welcome when they approach Gruumsh's smiling clergy.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 20 Mar 2011 07:33:09
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3747 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  07:34:45  Show Profile  Click to see Alystra Illianniis's MSN Messenger address Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Um, no. Talking about the few decent ones, not those spider-kissing be-otches and their lackeys. None of he Dark Maiden's faithful would give Gruumsh the time of day. Which might be why he's so grouchy- no hawt elf-lovin' for HIM, LOL!!!!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

AryalůmŽ
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  15:45:35  Show Profile Send AryalůmŽ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I could only choose one, I chose Eilistraee. If she was on there, I probably would have chosen Kiaransalee but I miss Eilistraee just the aame. I also would have chosen Mystra, Lathander, and Mask. One of the reasons why I hate 4e lore.....
Go to Top of Page

AryalůmŽ
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  15:54:46  Show Profile Send AryalůmŽ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and Vhaeraun as well. Plus, I despise how Hanali Celanil,, Aerdrie Faenya, and Sehanine Moonbow became "aspects" of other gods D:
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  20:07:06  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jergal!


A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  21:36:14  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to Mask, with Helm as a very close second.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
801 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  21:36:28  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azuth


quote:


But gods have divine power (not weave dependant) at their disposal. Look at when Mystra fought (and got beat by) Cyric after she had denied him access to the weave. Surely Azuth could have at least transported himself to a safer location.



Mystra left him Godsbane, which was really Mask (who still had full access to the Weave) which is why (I believe) Godsbane wounded Mystra so with each strike. What I've never understood about that scene is why Mystra didn't just draw power from the Weave as a whole versus "ripping" pieces out of it. Since it served to further the plot, though, I'll let it go without much thought.

Should you ever tire of Sune, simply hand her a mirror and walk away.




Errm. In prince of lies, Cyric was unable to transport himself after Mystra denied him the weave. One of the others had to escort him back to the city of the dead via transport.

In that scene, they were fighting in pandemonium unless I am mistaken. It affects everything.

As for Azuth, well, he did have a divine rank of 10, which makes him tough stuff. But he fell into the seat of Asmodeus' power. Asmo is damn near a god in that realm too. And Azuth could have been in bad shape when he landed in Nessus. And from what I remember reading, Azuth was dying as he landed anyways.

For the record, I miss Gilream :)
Of those recent, Mask.

I guess it is obvious what kind of characters I play.

Edited by - Firestorm on 20 Mar 2011 21:37:34
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  22:35:42  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:
Originally posted by Azuth


quote:


But gods have divine power (not weave dependant) at their disposal. Look at when Mystra fought (and got beat by) Cyric after she had denied him access to the weave. Surely Azuth could have at least transported himself to a safer location.



Mystra left him Godsbane, which was really Mask (who still had full access to the Weave) which is why (I believe) Godsbane wounded Mystra so with each strike. What I've never understood about that scene is why Mystra didn't just draw power from the Weave as a whole versus "ripping" pieces out of it. Since it served to further the plot, though, I'll let it go without much thought.

Should you ever tire of Sune, simply hand her a mirror and walk away.




Errm. In prince of lies, Cyric was unable to transport himself after Mystra denied him the weave. One of the others had to escort him back to the city of the dead via transport.

In that scene, they were fighting in pandemonium unless I am mistaken. It affects everything.

As for Azuth, well, he did have a divine rank of 10, which makes him tough stuff. But he fell into the seat of Asmodeus' power. Asmo is damn near a god in that realm too. And Azuth could have been in bad shape when he landed in Nessus. And from what I remember reading, Azuth was dying as he landed anyways.

For the record, I miss Gilream :)
Of those recent, Mask.

I guess it is obvious what kind of characters I play.



Honest question, from a primarily novel only reader....Gilream or Giljeam?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
801 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  22:47:51  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:
Originally posted by Azuth


quote:


But gods have divine power (not weave dependant) at their disposal. Look at when Mystra fought (and got beat by) Cyric after she had denied him access to the weave. Surely Azuth could have at least transported himself to a safer location.



Mystra left him Godsbane, which was really Mask (who still had full access to the Weave) which is why (I believe) Godsbane wounded Mystra so with each strike. What I've never understood about that scene is why Mystra didn't just draw power from the Weave as a whole versus "ripping" pieces out of it. Since it served to further the plot, though, I'll let it go without much thought.

Should you ever tire of Sune, simply hand her a mirror and walk away.




Errm. In prince of lies, Cyric was unable to transport himself after Mystra denied him the weave. One of the others had to escort him back to the city of the dead via transport.

In that scene, they were fighting in pandemonium unless I am mistaken. It affects everything.

As for Azuth, well, he did have a divine rank of 10, which makes him tough stuff. But he fell into the seat of Asmodeus' power. Asmo is damn near a god in that realm too. And Azuth could have been in bad shape when he landed in Nessus. And from what I remember reading, Azuth was dying as he landed anyways.

For the record, I miss Gilream :)
Of those recent, Mask.

I guess it is obvious what kind of characters I play.



Honest question, from a primarily novel only reader....Gilream or Giljeam?



Oops. typo.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  00:03:41  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:
Originally posted by Azuth


quote:


But gods have divine power (not weave dependant) at their disposal. Look at when Mystra fought (and got beat by) Cyric after she had denied him access to the weave. Surely Azuth could have at least transported himself to a safer location.



Mystra left him Godsbane, which was really Mask (who still had full access to the Weave) which is why (I believe) Godsbane wounded Mystra so with each strike. What I've never understood about that scene is why Mystra didn't just draw power from the Weave as a whole versus "ripping" pieces out of it. Since it served to further the plot, though, I'll let it go without much thought.

Should you ever tire of Sune, simply hand her a mirror and walk away.




Errm. In prince of lies, Cyric was unable to transport himself after Mystra denied him the weave. One of the others had to escort him back to the city of the dead via transport.

In that scene, they were fighting in pandemonium unless I am mistaken. It affects everything.

As for Azuth, well, he did have a divine rank of 10, which makes him tough stuff. But he fell into the seat of Asmodeus' power. Asmo is damn near a god in that realm too. And Azuth could have been in bad shape when he landed in Nessus. And from what I remember reading, Azuth was dying as he landed anyways.

For the record, I miss Gilream :)
Of those recent, Mask.

I guess it is obvious what kind of characters I play.



Honest question, from a primarily novel only reader....Gilream or Giljeam?



Oops. typo.



I assumed, but hey...it wouldn't have been the first FR diety I had not heard of!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  00:48:50  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Jergal!



I don't think I could ever remove Jergal from my Realms. The Spellweavers just have too much of an important place in the world's history for Jergal not to be forever around.

That, and the fact that I dropped the Time portfolio on his shoulders.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:06:48  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Spellweavers????

Tell me more.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:18:37  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

The Spellweavers????

Tell me more.

They're basically a planar race who travel across the planes seeking out powerful magicks. There's [3e] reference details here, along with an image here.

The connection between Jergal and the Spellweavers has been a point of curious debate -- both officially and unofficially -- here at Candlekeep. Simply search for any "Jergal-based" scrolls.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6398 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:57:34  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They look like some sort of thri-kreen & arcane/mercane hybrid to me.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3747 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  19:48:05  Show Profile  Click to see Alystra Illianniis's MSN Messenger address Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, an old-school race that doesn't get enough love. Same with Arcanes....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000