Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Scribes' Rooms of Undermountain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  17:11:55  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So fellow scribes, I am interested in hearing your ideas for various rooms of Undermountain. Be it 1E, 2E, 3.x Pathfinder, 4E, heck even Gamma World or Star Wars . What are osme of your best ideas you have to fill up the various rooms of Undermoutain. Any level or sub-level. Might be something you already ran in a game, or an idea you just got for fun. Share away!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  19:28:49  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steve Allen wrote an extensive series of rooms for Undermountain, which, up to a point, can be found HERE on the Candlekeep site. As of late 2009, he resumed his postings on the REALMS-L list, and started adding. All stats in 2E format.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  19:41:24  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The empty room. No monsters, no encounters, no traps, no loot, nothing of note beyond some dusty old empty barrels or furniture.

Rare, surprising, disappointing, confusing. Players are conditioned to expect every room serves a purpose. An unremarkable empty room (in a place like Undermountain) is given undue scrutiny and never forgotten: the players assume that the room is not actually "empty" and they must've missed something. They often waste a lot of time searching and trying to figure out a puzzle that doesn't exist.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  19:51:21  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Realms L-List is still active?

The Shifting Room:
I've used them one several times before, with different groups, or just varying how it works (I used time once, to great affect). The party enters the room, and the moment the door closes, the room changes places with one somewhere (or somewhen) else. Characters outside of the room, upon opening the door, find their companions gone.

It works like a magical elevator, but more like the one from Willie Wonka (in that it can go anywhere). The entire room is a Gate, and the effects are completely undetectable by the folks thus transferred. The most obvious use for this is to transfer them to another room in Undermountain (another level?), but it can also set them down in a completely different cavern-complex (or dungeon). depending on how mean a DM you are, this could be on the other side of Faerûn, or on another plane altogether (finding oneself in Athas would be VERY cruel, but finding oneself in hell would be downright diabolic).

I assume that there is at least one other identical room it transposes with, but you could actually create as many as you like (and in the case of my temporal room, the characters were shifted several hours ahead, and the party was split, and one group wound-up tracking the other, because the second group arrived before the first).

The Blair Witch Room:
Just thought of this one. PCs get into a locked room only to find some guy (or girl) whimpering in the corner (FACING the corner), who refuses to turn around or speak. They are obviously in shock, and perhaps half-mad. Any attempts to move them out of that corner will be met with a violent reaction (they won't even turn around).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  20:00:28  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

The Realms L-List is still active
Here's a LINK to it.
I like the idea of coming up with a single room. I will see what I can come up with.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 08 Mar 2011 20:01:13
Go to Top of Page

Jorin Embersmith
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  20:53:59  Show Profile Send Jorin Embersmith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Shifting Room:
....or on another plane altogether...., but finding oneself in hell would be downright diabolic).

Groooooooan!
/Facepalm

Karavarus: I polymorph into a Hydra and let loose a bellowing roar! Is he intimidated?
Me: No, but the female hydra behind him certainly notices you...
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  20:59:10  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, in fact, most of the real activity is Steve Allen posting more Undermountain rooms (we're talking about, on average, once every month or so...).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  21:38:40  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay - a bit of my GH-DM is slipping through...

The Pachyderm Room:
The party enters what appears to be an empty room. The door swings shut behind them, and immediately an elephant appears in the room. Then another, and another... every minute or so. The door is magically barred and you need the password to get it open.

Not only is this panic-time fun, but then (after they survive), they get to figure-out why the heck anyone wnated to teleport live elephants into Undermountain.

Of course, you could change it from funny to deadly - make them velociraptors instead (or anything else - dire bears, etc...). I figure at some point, one of the many races that lived in Undermountain need to feed something really BIG, and that's what the room was for, but you could come up with your own answers (or better yet, go with one of the player's guesses).

The Undertory:
This works best if there is actually a placard on the door saying just that. Most PC's will think it has something to do with a 'laboratory', when in-fact it is the 'clean-out' room for the lavatory above.

A secret door in one wall lets the Otyugh in - you now have something akin to the situation when the heroes were stuck in the garbage disposal in Star Wars. Hmmmm... my 1st room is also similar to that, but in a different way (getting squished)... I must be stuck on that scene...

Anyhow, there is a 3' hole in the ceiling, of course, and when the PCs get under it to look up.... you get the picture.

lets just hope Halaster hasn't had Zakharan Chili for lunch again.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 08 Mar 2011 21:39:12
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  14:00:23  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

News to me, too. I haven't recieved a list tagged email for four years or more.
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  16:13:48  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

When you search for Steve's Ruins of Undermountain Journal entries on the Realms-L list, use "RoUM2 Journal, rooms" as your search phrase in the "the subject is or contains" field.

It'll bring his stuff right up, including yesterday's update to rooms #20mc - #20nb.
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  16:22:54  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

When you search the Realms-L list for Steve’s Undermountain Rooms Journal, type in “RoUM2 Journal, Rooms” in the field “The subject is or contains:”.

This will bring up Steve’s most recent work, including yesterday’s most recent update to rooms #20mc - #20nb.

Steve is also cross posting his work to the FRDMing Yahoo Group (LINKY). You can get file uploads of Steve’s work from there.

Edited by - Mr_Miscellany on 09 Mar 2011 16:25:16
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  16:34:51  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Miscellany

quote:

When you search for Steve's Ruins of Undermountain Journal entries on the Realms-L list, use "RoUM2 Journal, rooms" as your search phrase in the "the subject is or contains" field.

It'll bring his stuff right up, including yesterday's update to rooms #20mc - #20nb.

Oh, I'm familiar enough with steve's material. What I meant was, that I literally haven't recieved a realms-L list tagged email for over four years but I still have the same email address and I've never unsubscribed. I assumed the list was dead and gone.
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  17:10:31  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, I'm familiar enough with steve's material.
Hi BlackAce. Sorry, didn't meant to make it seem as though you weren't familiar with Steve's stuff.

Guess my post was more of a helper for any scribes interested in looking up his work.

Wonder why you haven't gotten any list emails of late....?
Go to Top of Page

Andrekan
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2011 :  07:19:05  Show Profile Send Andrekan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been tinkering in the deep Levels Troglodyte Warrens, Well of Shadows, Murial's Gauntlet, Trobriand's Graveyard, Wyllow's Wood. I've mainly been rereading the old information to get familiar with areas again before any changes that took place in Expedition to Undermountain's.

I will be converting it to some 1480 spell plague affected areas. I'm thinking there are some new areas that have formed. Making those Malar Hunters much scarier. Some of the Portals may have been affected. Wyllow is still there and is now dealing with wild magic areas and plague land areas around many of the enchanted ruins and portals. A location that once had magic dead areas are plague areas. Was going to expand on the Green Dragon, Valedmar, it's new curiosities and relationship with Wyllow.

The Survival of the Fittest area would have been affected by the death of Tyr. I may toss around some ideas with skill challenge based on some of the old information and turn the beholder there into a mad lich that has gained control of the area.

Murial's Gauntlet may be dominated by Necromatic Driders and maybe a lich or two.

Trobriand's Graveyard was moved into by a Eye Tyrant in EtU so I may expand on that thing's heir another Beholder or Hive.

The link above was some great info that will save me much time in working up some old traditional tricks and room features. May have some dwarf residences that have mined down from Undercliff into level one that have become filled with nasty monsters or taken over by a guild.

Not sure why Skull Port would not be as active as it once was unless it has something to do with the fall of the Promenade, the Skulls or Rianilloth and the wild living magic there now. Figured there could be some wicked transactions and intrigues unravel there plus whatever monsters might try to lair in the big caverns without being harmed by the living magic. The Downshadow, Mistshore, and Undercliff may have many of the old Skull Port residence so Skull Port would be a good place to have hidden transactions, to dump bodies to some nasty creature making someone "disappear", a lot of room for cultist to gather for instruction.

I also tried to find out as much as I could about Durnan and Mhaere's daughter who may have married and had children of her own. The owner of the Yawning Portal might be Durnan the Second (Durnan's Great Grand Son)a street smart warrior who looks much like his great grand father, not sure... There was little to nothing about who owns the inn now so I will keep it in Durnan's family. There could be a couple of his Grand Children (60-80's years of age) hanging around the Yawning Portal spreading gossip and telling old tales about adventures going down the hoist during their life time between 1400 to 1470's, maybe they did! One of them may constantly repeat the story of Mount Hotenow ear splitting eruption c.1450, how it nearly deafened them and how bottles fell off shelf. Somebody might mention a dwarf or are a dwarf and the same old staff member tells a story about dwarves following some invisible spirits out of the inn or demanding to go down into the Undermountain to follow what they believed was a spirit. The old patron would just shake their head saying they didn't see anything.

Lot of work still to do but well worth the time. The link sure saved me sometime.

4E seems like it gets away from the more deadly tricks and traps that are in the Undermountain. I plan to keep some of the nasty surging permanent spell areas of interest. I believe the Undermountain should be more dangerous now than ever before. Warring bands of territorial areas, experimenting wizards, cults, drow, oozes, and spawn. I am going to make several skill challenges around magical trap tricks. The party may not have planned to engage some ward but as they try to undo their folly they get bound up tighter in the wild magic or traps.

There would be some great rewards but also some epic dangers lurking in those halls. Not to mention any essence of Halaster still existing in the wards that hold the city safe above. He was believed a ghost before and may have left some tricks to uphold his wards. Once had a place where Halaster left an illusion of himself going about certain task on celestial yearly events. These illusions either lead the adventurers to do something that needed to be done to secure a ward or tempted them into death leaving some nice items laying around. Gotta love the Undermountain..

"Those two talk only of drink, riches, women, brawling, and magic, so ye've a one in five chance..." Quote from "Elminster in Hell"
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2011 :  07:27:31  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get an occasional Realms-L email...

As for a room:

Open the door...and there is just a wall; unless a search reveals the runes upon the wall. Careful though, the runes are actually an elaborate maze, and touching a point within those runes places you in the maze at that point!

Only by finding your way to the end of the maze (and fighting any number of baddies along the way) can you emerge at the doorway again.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2011 :  15:04:28  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An idea just came to me - I have no idea at the moment what magic would pull it off...

The incredible shrinking hallway. You remember that hallway in Willie Wonka that just got smaller and smaller as they approached the opposite door? Same concept, only the PC's don't notice that it's shrinking because they are too. By the time they reach the other end they would be the size of halflings or smaller. Yes, their gear too. It would an obvious change otherwise.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2011 :  15:12:21  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My little girl had one...

When the PC's first open the door they see an upside down room. If they step into the room, they will see that all the furniture, etc is on the "ceiling" and the chandelier is on the "floor." If they happen to close the door, things suddenly right themselves, and the PC's "fall" to the "floor" where the furniture is. That doesn't seem all that bad. But when they try to exit the room, the door is darn near impossible to open. When they finally get it open... they fall into the hallway too - kind of all sucked out however far you want or into whatever mess you want.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2011 :  18:42:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I saw that same idea in an OLD Greyhawk adventure.

quote:
Originally posted by Andrekan

Trobriand's Graveyard was moved into by a Eye Tyrant in EtU so I may expand on that thing's heir another Beholder or Hive.
Now THAT has possibilities.

I am picturing an Eye Tyrant with several mechanical (automaton) appendages now.

I'd throw some Tlincallis (scorpion-men) in somewhere as well, just because they have arrived in Faerûn towrd the end of 3e, and would be fun to have them expand somewhere in 4e. I think they would make a VERY interesting adversary for the driders.
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Open the door...and there is just a wall; unless a search reveals the runes upon the wall. Careful though, the runes are actually an elaborate maze, and touching a point within those runes places you in the maze at that point!

Only by finding your way to the end of the maze (and fighting any number of baddies along the way) can you emerge at the doorway again.

Now you have me thinking about the Xanth novel where the protagonist was sucked into a tapestry (along with a spider that was crawling on it, which became giant-sized on the other end).

What if the brick-pattern in the 'blank' wall WAS the maze? The PCs would be traveling through the grout lines between the bricks. Then you could have huge versions of common things attacking them, like termites, or mosquitoes. A mouse would be like the tarrasque.

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Mar 2011 18:50:11
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  00:40:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'd throw some Tlincallis (scorpion-men) in somewhere as well, just because they have arrived in Faerûn towrd the end of 3e, and would be fun to have them expand somewhere in 4e. I think they would make a VERY interesting adversary for the driders.
Actually, the stinger infiltration started around the early days of 3e, as it was referenced in the tlincalli write-up from Monsters of Faerûn.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  10:09:10  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is some good interesting stuff here. Keep em coming. If I can find and dust off notes from one of my old campaigns that featured a bit of Undermountain I will supply them here as well .

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  23:10:41  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How in the world do you use the da*! l-link.
Evertime I try and use that thing I get nothing useful.
Can anybody provide advice or instruction?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2011 :  23:30:53  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've downloaded a large portion of the Realms-L archive, it's a bloody mess and I've made virtually no real progress in organizing it. The closest thing to organization is a sort of loose chronological order which (perhaps) slightly correlates to the published order of D&D lore. It's also often difficult to determine what is canon, even though many of the contributors are/were "official" D&D staff. The submissions are also littered with links (to the Wizards boards, Candlekeep, and a thousand other sites) which are often dead or have been altered since.

You can try using search engines, though the data is such a disconnected jumble that you usually need very specific keywords, and there's also no real guarantee that any particular detail or topic has ever been discussed therein. If you need timely answers then you're probably better off asking at the Keep.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:47:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I've downloaded a large portion of the Realms-L archive, it's a bloody mess and I've made virtually no real progress in organizing it.
That's right. And *someone* was supposed to be helping you with that, eh?

*The Sage, caught out again for failing a task on his "To-Do" list. *

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:56:06  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol ... I'll happily accept help, Sage. So far I stand at about 3.5MB sorted, 19.3GB unsorted.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Andrekan
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  04:16:16  Show Profile Send Andrekan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I've downloaded a large portion of the Realms-L archive, it's a bloody mess and I've made virtually no real progress in organizing it. The closest thing to organization is a sort of loose chronological order which (perhaps) slightly correlates to the published order of D&D lore. It's also often difficult to determine what is canon, even though many of the contributors are/were "official" D&D staff. The submissions are also littered with links (to the Wizards boards, Candlekeep, and a thousand other sites) which are often dead or have been altered since.

You can try using search engines, though the data is such a disconnected jumble that you usually need very specific keywords, and there's also no real guarantee that any particular detail or topic has ever been discussed therein. If you need timely answers then you're probably better off asking at the Keep.

I was actually surprised to find that when I got there I found the Undermountain Maps that fit perfectly into Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas program. I had the Undermountain maps but the link gave me a copy with room numbers to match the Word Doc. That may be what you encountered. I hope this helps or clears any confusion. I also hope I am talking about the same link.

"Those two talk only of drink, riches, women, brawling, and magic, so ye've a one in five chance..." Quote from "Elminster in Hell"
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  04:35:11  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only harvested text/html data, no graphics.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Andrekan
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  04:38:54  Show Profile Send Andrekan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually began to convert some of the encounters in the link with the Word Doc to 4E rules. Just as deadly as they were in the late 80's. It gets a bit long however so I am thinking to have some areas based around a focal point. They will be gathering phantom orbs for a ritual being cast by wizard hoping to secure some of the Undermountains Wards that hold the City safely above.

Here is an example of one converted encounter from the link.

7b. A good night’s rest again. EL6 1200xp

Approaching this room, the faint glow of a campfire is seen and quite voices speaking a strange dwarven tongue (Old Dialect of Dwarven) can be heard. Entering the room reveals it to be occupied by 12 heavily armed dwarves from The Kingdom of the Axe and Arrow, Ironford from the army of King Torghatar. These dwarves believe they were gated here by wild magic and are attempting to get out of the halls and make their way back to the halls of their clan. Actually they are from the past…

Ironford Dwarf Hammerers
Medium natural humanoid
Level 5 SoldierXP 200
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +4; low-light vision
HP 64; Bloodied 32
AC 23; Fortitude 18, Reflex 15, Will 17
Saving Throws +5 against poison effects
Speed 5
Warhammer (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d10+3 damage.
Shield Bash (minor, recharge )
+9 vs Fortitude; 2d6+3 damage, and the target is knocked prone or pushed 1 square (dwarf hammerer’s choice).
Throwing Hammer (standard, at-will) Weapon
Range 5/10; +10 vs AC; 1d6+3 damage.
Stubborn (immediate interrupt, when an enemy tries to push it or knock it prone)
The dwarf hammerer makes a melee basic attack against the enemy.
Stand Your Ground
When an effect forces a dwarf to move—through a push, a pull, or a slide—the dwarf moves 1 square less than the effect specifies. When an attack would knock the dwarf prone, the dwarf gains an immediate saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Alignment Any Languages Common, Dwarven
Skills Dungeoneering +11, Endurance +5
Str 17 (+5) Dex 10 (+2) Wis 14 (+4)
Con 16 (+5) Int 11 (+2) Cha 12 (+3)
Equipment: heavy shield , plate armor , throwing hammer x3, warhammer .

If the characters approach peacefully, the dwarves are happy to impart what little knowledge they posses of the area and may even share a rough drawn (and not necessarily correct) map. If the characters question the dwarves about there origin they grow hostile. The characters are welcome to spend the night within the dwarves camp and will pass the night without incident but will awake in the morning with the dwarves gone, leaving only a smoking fire ring on the floor.

Go to Top of Page

Andrekan
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  04:40:54  Show Profile Send Andrekan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah but there was nothing like the ides of March. Loved using the Construct Throne with skeleton legs for my Lich Lord encounter. Player's had to use powers to reach it with attacks. They are down in Murial's Gauntlet now, recovering amulets of passage to discover the new owner of the Gauntlet. Lots of old school 1st edition and 2nd edition exploration mixed with 4E twist. The Gremlins became an unexpected twist turning 2 encounters into a 4 in 1. The Players decided to capture and question them for information. It would have worked if they had passed their skill challenge, one I had to throw together at the last minute.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000