Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Major Realms events
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2003 :  11:25:33  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just something that I wanted to collate together, sparked off by my scribblings in this other scroll.

What major Realms events have we seen lately:

The Avatar Crisis (aka the Time of Troubles)
The Crusades against the Tuigan Horde
The threat from the Sea (seemed to fizzle out though really)
The return of Shade (also seemed to fizzle out)
The silence of Lloth (well it DOES have some impact on the surface in a way)

Anyone got more to add? I know ive missed a few more.

Wonder if the Deep Imasarki (as detailed in the Underdark product) will come to be anything big?!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 01 Nov 2003 11:26:13

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2003 :  16:10:28  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cormyr's troubles and losing their king I'd add to that list. While it may have only centered around one nation, Cormyr is still very powerful in the Realms. Thus, you can argue about a ripple effect.

Additionally, let's not forget the events in the Evermeet novel. Between that work and Evereska's problems in the ROTAW, you might want to start a new category: "The Elves getting everything thrown at them by WOTC."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  14:11:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not so sure about the Deep Imaskari having that big an impact, other than the usual consequences that go with being isolated from an outside environment for thousands of years...

The Underdark tome details several times that the Deep Imaskari bear no ill will against the rest of the Realms, and that curiousity, knowledge and the potential for trade are their driving force for moving into the outside world.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  14:14:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The revelation of the Star Elves could certainly be interpreted as a minor event, not Realms-shaking, but an event of some significance nonetheless. In fact the return of the Deep Imaskari (or rather the introduction, since they are a new subrace of human) could be considered along the same lines.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  16:06:32  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd definitely put the Star Elves and Deep Imasarki as minor events. Although give them time, maybe they'll attack Cormyr or Evereska and become major events. :)
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2003 :  18:52:46  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
who are the star elfs ?? and when Cyric become god is importen to and the elf are realley taking a pounding are they not
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2003 :  22:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The star elves were introduced in the Unapproachable East supplement released earlier this year. Cyric's ascendence is under the Avatar Crisis.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  00:43:28  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who are star elves and how can they be so powerful in order to attack to Cormyr? I trust SiriusBlack so he must know about them of course sage of perth and the rest of the world but Cormyr is a serious power and noone can dare to mess with Cormyr alone

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  01:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They aren't that powerful. I believe the above was meant to be a joke, relating to the Return of the Archwizards trilogy. Actually, last I heard, the star elves were losing a battle against creatures called nilshai for control of their homeland.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  02:48:19  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The star elves comment about them attacking Cormyr in time was very much a joke meant to illustrate the recent trend to have Cormyr and/or Elves be the virtual punching bag in FR novels...at least ones by Troy Denning.

Save for one character, that is not even clearly stated, there has been no mention of Star Elves in novels. Thus, Cormyr is safe...for now...but give WOTC time.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  11:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder why Troy hates Cormyr and the elves...
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  18:32:14  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wel elfs are pretty annoying and Cormyr are so annoying they just wont die
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  02:33:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric said -
quote:
who are the star elfs ??
There is some discussion of the Star Elves in this scroll.

Edited by - The Sage on 05 Nov 2003 02:34:30
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  04:27:51  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

wel elfs are pretty annoying and Cormyr are so annoying they just wont die

If we went by annoyance = death...a certain dark elf ranger, wielding scimitars that are obviously meant to compensate for a lack somewhere else, would be dead so many times it would be unreal.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  04:30:55  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Cyric said -
quote:
who are the star elfs ??
There is some discussion of the Star Elves in this scroll.

Yes, but does that thread explain the light bulb apparently found above every star elf's head?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  07:28:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an alternate theory about that...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  16:13:19  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have an alternate theory about that...

Oh, do please tell.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  12:58:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it may be a discussion better suited to Ethereal Mail...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  19:28:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think it may be a discussion better suited to Ethereal Mail...

That racy?????
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  14:20:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not exactly.... Until you read it, all I will say is, that it was eventually removed from the FR Mailing List Archive, because it was thought that the discussion went too far...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  15:29:20  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not exactly.... Until you read it, all I will say is, that it was eventually removed from the FR Mailing List Archive, because it was thought that the discussion went too far...

Well....with all due respect....the FR Mailing List Moderators at times when I was on the list would remove anything that didn't strike of coming from a sycophant.

Getting stuff removed from the Mailing List though...you rebel. Don't be causing any trouble like that around here....
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  15:33:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I wasn't responsible for any of the material presented. In fact when the thread starting heading in that direction, and started trailing off the path of an intelligent debate, I simply refused to look into it when I logged onto the List. I didn't even realise it was missing until weeks later when someone else mentioned it...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  15:37:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyway, before wise Alaundo strikes one of us with his enchanted Staff of the Irritated Moderator +3, I think we should return to the discussion at hand...'Major Realms Events'.

What about the 'fall' of Zhentil Keep, and the religious reprecussions of the Cyric/Bane situation?.

Edited by - The Sage on 08 Nov 2003 15:38:35
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2003 :  19:19:30  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes the bananits are so going down, Cyric wil rule the western part i hope a big war wil break out
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2003 :  02:26:27  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric, the Banites are not going anywhere (besides, they have dibs on the Zhentarim). I doubt a big war will break out since Cyric is a cowardly Deity and wouldn't be able to hold his own against Bane... Not that Bane is really good, just good enough to Beat Cyric.... Now Bhaal THERE was a Deity.Even as a forced avatar they had to kill him twice, Now that god was nice ().
I would have hoped that the Bhaalspawn would have had more of an impact than what they did. I mean literally thousands of chuldren of Bhaal going at eachother's throats in southern Amn and Tethyr.
I figure some one should do a follow up on the Bhaalspawn, not all could have been killed. Bhaal was a ... *ahem* virile god after all.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  02:32:23  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bane is so going down Cyric attacks all people as he did with Mystra in the prince of lies no matter how powerful they are...
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  00:46:18  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric, having the "GUTS" to do something is one matter. Actually able to do it, is another. Bane would wipe the floor with Cyric but Cyric is just avoiding him now.

Lol. Happy now?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask

Edited by - DDH_101 on 30 Jan 2004 04:17:35
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  01:40:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DDH_101, you may want to clean that last post up a little . It really doesn't carry forth with the ideas and themes of this site being a library, that we are trying to appreciate here.

Thank you...

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:27:02  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quite......

Revision
Cyric, having the "guts" to do something is one matter. Actually able to do it, is another. Bane would defeat Cyric but Cyric is just avoiding him now.

That better, Sage?

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:43:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Much...

Actually, I'm a little surprised that Alaundo hasn't picked up on this already...

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm sure Alaundo has places to go, musty old tomes to look over, prisoners guest authors to torture interview, and so on. Quite busy, our head scribe......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000