Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Character inspiration sources
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  13:38:05  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've finally found some players interested in D&D. Because some of them are new to PnP RPGs and/or D&D, I wanted to make a list with novels, comics, and video games that could serve as an inspiration for characters.

So far I came up with:

Lord of the Rings
Conan
Assassin's Creed
Prince of Persia
X-Men (great for Spellscarred characters)

Further suggestions would be welcome.

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  13:51:46  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hell-Boy (espically the 2nd movie)
Eragon
Army of Darkness
Pirates of the Caribbean
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  13:53:56  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See the problem with this topic is that I'm just going to start listing off my favourite books, comics and games. I guess I could suggest the David Edding's or Raymond E. Feist series of books. And though it may be very different from D&D (though still fantasy...), I will always have to suggest my all time favourite and the most inspiring books I've ever read. The Night Angel Trilogy.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  14:02:56  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Eragon
Army of Darkness
Pirates of the Caribbean
I'd like to point out that, when concerning Eragon, it's not the movie they should bother with (it's awful) but instead the book.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  14:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Light

quote:

Eragon
Army of Darkness
Pirates of the Caribbean
I'd like to point out that, when concerning Eragon, it's not the movie they should bother with (it's awful) but instead the book.

Agree with Light in this.

Ahh, character inspiration, to me it cames from many different sources. Everything that plays a note in my creativity sooner or later became some useful tool. Here is some examples:

Marcus Fênix
Spartacus series (Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena)
Ladyhawke
Candlekeep (some scribes, some scrolls...)
Brazilian indian mithology

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  17:13:23  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True, many people can gain inspiration from the most unusual sources, though I think multimedia sources like TV, Movies, and Books are the biggest contributors.

As for Eragon, I didn't mind the movie and thought it was much much better than the original Dungeons and Dragon movie. I didn't, however, read the book so I don't have a basis for comparison. My wife did read the book and thought the movie was better in the fact that the book was more "wordy" and a lot could've been cut out.

What I've based my characters on is pretty much what we've already listed, like movies. I had a character who was practically based off of the headless horseman from the movie Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp, well the mechanics anyways, not the undead type etc...

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  17:48:25  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget all those FR novels out there, wink wink, nudge nudge.

Also I find Dragon Age, Devil May Cry, and Final Fantasy to be great sources.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 04 Mar 2011 17:49:06
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  17:54:07  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto on Dragon Age and Final Fantasy.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  18:03:58  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Character inspiration can come from practically anywhere, and doesn't have to be lengthy. One of my favorite (non-Realms) characters was inspired by the slow motion rifle twirl the Daniel Day Lewis character makes in the Last of the Mohicans movie (as he brings from his side up to his shoulder to aim and then drops to a knee to avoid a bullet).

For D&D, I often find inspiration in reading some of the crunchier descriptions, especially in earlier editions, and then thinking of the kinds of people that would lead to. Demihumans of the Realms was especially good for that, with kits like the Duergar Exile and Dambraii Runaway. Both led to characters of mine.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  18:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Character inspiration can come from practically anywhere, and doesn't have to be lengthy. One of my favorite (non-Realms) characters was inspired by the slow motion rifle twirl the Daniel Day Lewis character makes in the Last of the Mohicans movie (as he brings from his side up to his shoulder to aim and then drops to a knee to avoid a bullet).
Your mention of Daniel Day Lewis makes me think of another great source of inspiration for characters and plot: the movie Gangs of New York, particularly for rogue types. (Major source for my next FR novel, Shadowbane, btw!)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  18:25:44  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silver Surfer comics (Surfer, Firelord, Thanos, GALACTUS!!!)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  18:31:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow.

Just about every book ever written, every play and comic, every movie and TV program, etc...

Even if the genre is off, you can adapt the personality.

Take 'The Phonse' for instance - a street tough living in the slums of Waterdeep (who always wears his leather jerkin), that the other 'urchins' look up to. He discovered quite by accident that he has latent sorcerous abilities, which manifest in odd ways (he is the only one that can get the gnome-built music box at inn working).

Or Disney - the Satyr from Hercules (Philoctetes, voiced by Danny DeVito) blew me away - he made me re-evaluate the usefulness of satyr's in my campaign... having previously been uninspired by Narnia's Faun (Satyr), Mr. Tumnus.

Inspiration is EVERYWHERE, even in our RW - all you need do is open your eyes.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Mar 2011 19:28:14
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  19:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Even if the genre is off, you can adapt the personality.

I just wanted to second Markustay on this point. Any good character, from any genre, can be transformed into a good basis for a D&D character.

One example from my past characters was a fighter who went by the nickname of "Waterdeep". he was excellent with throwing knives and average with a sword, but couldn't use a bow or crossbow to save his life. He was a 2E character, double specialized in throwing daggers, along with a couple of other weapon proficiencies that added to his knife skill.

Waterdeep always wore a rich, high-class blackish/blue hat, with a hat band made from Waterdavian silver pieces. As the campaign continued, it became apparent that Waterdeep was hunting four men who had wronged him sometime in the past(my DM was kind enough to have one of these men occasional appear so I could confront them).

The confrontations usually led to Waterdeep killing the NPC, although on two occasions, the NPC's either fled at first site or with a serious knife wound. Each of the NPC's had a panicked look on their faces as they saw the hat with the silver piece band.

The character was based on the character of "Mississippi" that James Caan played in the western movie "El Dorado." I just happened to watch the movie a couple of days before the campaign begain, and scrapped my earlier planed character for one based on the movie.

My best advice for anyone (DM or player) who wants to make thier character's stand out is to read lots of both fiction and non-fiction and to keep a log of characters that stand out to them as memorable. You don't need to write a lot about each character: name, book of origin, brief physical description and a coupl of lines about manner and motive.

NB - I'm not sure if they still run this column, but the comic "Knights of the Dinner Table" used to run a feature called "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" that described three NPC's for various genres. It's another good source for well fleshed out character concepts.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  19:33:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I once based a specialty priest of Lathander on Charles Emerson Winchester III from the TV show M*A*S*H.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lily M Green
Learned Scribe

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  19:39:33  Show Profile  Visit Lily M Green's Homepage Send Lily M Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
& people you know in RL can give you inspiration for the little quirks that really bring the character to life. The people you work with are great for this because you probably spend longer with them (unless you work from home or on your own...) than anyone else. Like, the guy I work with who always answers a question with another question. And uses 'the royal we' with alarming regularity. Or the girl I work with who loves to sing and can come up with a song for anything you say... Or the one who hides behind her hair all the time and has a terrible nervous laugh, but can also be quite cheeky and bolshy. (Okay, so that's me but you get the idea...)

ETA: Wooly, that's brilliant... I'd love to know what kind of a character you'd base on Frank Burns.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

A Dark Alliance - Beyond Baldur's Gate

Edited by - Lily M Green on 04 Mar 2011 19:41:04
Go to Top of Page

Fingal
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  19:54:40  Show Profile Send Fingal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I once based a specialty priest of Lathander on Charles Emerson Winchester III from the TV show M*A*S*H.

You know, I thought about that for a minute and I can really see how that might work! Good one!

I find several of the characters found in novels by Dumas to be fairly interesting templates for some kinds of Realms play. For Planescape I am partial to Dickens.
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  20:31:57  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have used regional stereo-types in some of my character creations and a healthy does of the magic mirror for my main character/alter ego.

for example:

Delzounblood is a rough Bull Headed, not too bright, Dwarven Battlerager, Shaven Head, Tattoos, Leather Kilt, gruff and violent.

stats:

Delzounblood
8th Lvl Dwarven Barbarian.
Stats:
Strength : 18
Intelligence : 5 (I never said he was bright!)
Wisdom : 9 (or wise)
Dexterity : 15
Constitution : 18
Charisma : 11

Desciption:
4’4” tall
Shaven Head
Black Beard Braided
Tattoos face, back and arms

Arms Armour:
Sculptured Breast Plate
Studded Leather Kilt
Spiked Gauntlets
Dwarven Battle Axe

----

In real life - I am 5'4, Scottish, shaven head, goatee beard, tattoos, I wear a kilt, and you don't want to cross me!
Family is THE most important thing (think clans).

It's really a case of RPG imitating RL.

I also take ideas from Thomas Harris books. Hanibal etc:

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  20:49:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lily M Green

ETA: Wooly, that's brilliant... I'd love to know what kind of a character you'd base on Frank Burns.

Prolly some sort of CN rogue.

Go to Top of Page

Lily M Green
Learned Scribe

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  21:51:39  Show Profile  Visit Lily M Green's Homepage Send Lily M Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Chortle* You cheeky wag, y'....

Talking of inspiration, how's about this name for a seafaring swashbuckling type? Shoreham Ropetackle.

It's actually the name of a venue, nicked from a thread on the messageboards of a RL musician I'm a big fan of who'd actually lend himself very well to providing the inspiration for a Halfling bard, given that he looks like a cross between Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee and plays a mean fiddle

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

A Dark Alliance - Beyond Baldur's Gate
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  21:55:44  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually working on a group of characters based off the stars of old tv westerns. Have Gun — Will Travel, Maverick, and Cheyenne. A lot of old westerns, especially spaghetti westerns provide general influence, but those three are the biggest character influence.

The Legacy of Kain game series was a big influence on me. Also the Mark of Kri/Rise of the Kasai games. More recently, Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

Also, big fan of martial arts films and there's some influence from them. Especially Enter the Dragon, The Protector, Fearless, and a lesser known film called Red Belt.

Countless others, several of which have already been mentioned.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  23:52:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed once provided me with a brilliant source that I use for just about every one of my games... Coronation Street.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  03:42:16  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some sources of inspiration are better forgotten. I keep reminding certain players that dwarves are not the same thing as short klingons.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  03:47:08  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, Wooly, what kind of character would you base on Radar? I'm picturing a young halfling psionicist/cleric.

I've based characters off of books, movies, comics, you name it. I've currently got a wizard/monk based on Spider-Man, a fire genesi pyromancer based on Johnny Storm, and my hubby's got a monk/assassin based on Deadpool and has plans for a rogue based on Richard Riddick from the Chronicles of Riddick movies. I've even based a god in my HB world on a cross between Yoda and the Dungeon Master from the old D&D cartoon! I've got a vampire who is part Strahd, part Blade, and I've used gypsy sword dancing as an inspiration for my drow bard/dervish. (He's actually a bard/battledancer- a HB PrC I created to better encompass what he does.)

There is inspiration to be found everywhere. I've used ideas from the TV series Invisible Man, various cartoons, and even Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh cards! (The Ice Age and Mercadian block cards were really cool for this.) Is it weird that I have a tavern in one of my home setting campaigns called the Shield and Sword? (Yu-Gi-Oh card) Or one that was a nod to the inn from LotR called the Dancing Horse? I don't think so. Even music finds its way into use for my games and characters.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  04:35:57  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

Some sources of inspiration are better forgotten. I keep reminding certain players that dwarves are not the same thing as short klingons.

Yup. We dwarves make carnage a lot better!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  05:54:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

So, Wooly, what kind of character would you base on Radar? I'm picturing a young halfling psionicist/cleric.

Oh, good call on that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I've even based a god in my HB world on a cross between Yoda and the Dungeon Master from the old D&D cartoon!

Like Yoda he talks?

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  06:16:15  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Eragon
Army of Darkness
Pirates of the Caribbean

As long as you don't take inspiration from the author either...he lives here near me and is a total breath of carrion stench.

As for Eragon, I don't like the world either (and didn't BEFORE I met the author) because it seems to blatantly steal so many ideas directly from other authors.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  06:48:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

Oh, no. That does remind me of a particular player in my BattleTech games who insists on playing Lyrans like the Ferengi from Star Trek.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  12:13:05  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I will always have to suggest my all time favourite and the most inspiring books I've ever read. The Night Angel Trilogy.

OMG! I love those books so much that I put a link in my sig. and keep telling everyone I know about them. Brent Weeks is currently my favorite author - along with Paul Kemp in FR of course.

As for character inspiration, I often just use people that I know. Sometimes I just look at someone and go, "what a pious, judgmental, jerk. Hey, he'd make a good priest of Lathander." Or I have actually created a little rogue (thief) based on a woman I work with who says aloud everything that pops into her head. She narrates like every minute of her life, "Put that paper over there... Better get my water... Need to go to the restroom..." I like for my thieves to have little quirks and that one seemed like it could be fun... for me. I don't know about everyone else.

And really just about anything can be a source of inspiration. One of my best characters here is a bard/ rogue and he was inspired completely by a picture on a Magic the Gathering card.

I think it all just depends on your group and how they think. Some of the best characters are the voices inside our own heads.....

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  14:38:14  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The Sage
quote:
Arik

Oh, no. That does remind me of a particular player in my BattleTech games who insists on playing Lyrans like the Ferengi from Star Trek.
My player insisted all Lyrans were big Bavarians who spoke like Ahnold. I'd hate to see a Ferengi-nasal Bavarian.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  14:54:40  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brynweir

OMG! I love those books so much that I put a link in my sig. and keep telling everyone I know about them. Brent Weeks is currently my favorite author
Yes, I saw your link on the other thread "favourite settings" very nice . I've decided to scour those books to find a good quote. I'll just reinforce that, if you want character inspiration, then you cannot go past the Night Angel Trilogy. Never have I been so connected with a character/s. You can always check out his other series for inspiration, The Lightbringer. It's not as good but still top notch stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  17:39:36  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will have to reread to find you some better quotes - I loaned my books out - but here are some I like and sort of remember, and they make some decent character inspiration. (sorry if they are not 100% accurate - I'll fix them once I get my books)

"Assassins have targets because targets can be missed. Wetboys have deaders because when a wetboy takes a contract, that person's life has ended."

"For Durzo Blint, assassination is an art-and he is the city's most accomplished artist."

"Wetboys are like assassins in the same way tigers are like kittens."

I believe there is one about how the best assassins are unknown because they are so good at what they do that no one but the client knows they did it, but I'll have to search to find it.

There's something like "My question is... do you believe in evil possessed of its own purity or does every act intend some good...?"

And something about the perfect killer slipping into the different skin for each kill, and that once someone gets close to him he has to kill them... I have an assassin like that

And my personal favorite
"Watch out for women smarter than you, kid. By which--"
"You mean all of them, I know."

Aren't those inspiring? lol

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000