Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Lost Paragraph of Moonshae
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  18:55:13  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, sages!

I was reading my old 1st edition Moonshae accessory, and once again stumbled upon the missing paragraph of the "Gnarhelm" section. The end of the 50th page is blank, under a map, and the text on the next page (52, because the 51th is a big picture) is incomplete, as if it is continuing a text that should be in its anterior page.

Was this missing paragraph ever posted or published? Since the sourcebook was written by Douglas Niles and there's no thread dedicated to this author in the Chamber of Sages, I think here is the place where I could find some info, if it really exists and is somehow available.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  20:13:10  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No one can help me on this issue? I've recently ordered a copy of this book in "Amazon" (I previously had a copy borrowed from a friend), and I'd appreciate to know about the lore that was lost in the missing text...

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  20:42:30  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These sorts of misprints happen.

You're talking about a 1E TSR accessory from a quarter century past, I doubt the authors could still recall such minute details and I'd be surprised if the original documents survived two corporate takeovers and 3½ subsequent D&D editions. It's probably lost forever unless reprinted editions of that particular product exist.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 09 Mar 2011 20:42:50
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  21:05:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I discovered missing content in a Polyhedron article, and I've never found what that content was.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Mar 2011 21:06:26
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  21:44:35  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a Moonshaes keep in space, if you want to look in the Realmspace accessory. A bit of interesting history to go with it as well.

There is an entire map missing from the Jungles of Chult booklet (as well as the section on 'gem magic', mentioned on the back cover). The gem-stuff was cut for space (too bad the blurb wasn't changed), but the missing map was an accident (I've pieced this together form stuff read elsewhere, like the L-List). It was the map showing the rest of the Chultan Peninsula (which I've tried to track-down may times, but no-one has seen it in years... but it exists...)

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 09 Mar 2011 21:45:34
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  00:34:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

No one can help me on this issue? I've recently ordered a copy of this book in "Amazon" (I previously had a copy borrowed from a friend), and I'd appreciate to know about the lore that was lost in the missing text...

As I recall from a [very ancient] discussion on the REALMS-L, this issue was never fully explained.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  01:26:13  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys... For the context, I can tell that it ends the Roaming Bear legend and starts again the description of the travels of Elminster in Gnarhelm... I wanted to know if it was "recoverable" because I have a PC that comes from this Northmen realm...

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  01:28:38  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

There is a Moonshaes keep in space, if you want to look in the Realmspace accessory. A bit of interesting history to go with it as well.

Nice, I'm gonna check it out, Markustay!

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page