Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 War !
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  21:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You guys are still debating this?

I'm still for Shou Lung...put me in charge and I'm ruler of the world.

It is my "other" choice and I'm sticking to it.

Visit my Blog Page to find things for YOUR Forgotten Realms!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14034 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2012 :  19:37:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is one of those 'versus' arguments.

Theres a good reason why those are banned on this site.

For instance, I'll throw this out there: Pun Pun

There, I win... now close this thread.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2012 :  07:13:03  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm the Empire of Netheril at its peak!( Not the Shadovar, the real Empire of Magic please!)

Everything ends where it begins. Period.

Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  05:42:54  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Some of us only visit every six months or so, and cherry pick - either the most interesting scrolls or the easiest to add a comment too.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  06:05:59  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

quote:

Some of us only visit every six months or so, and cherry pick - either the most interesting scrolls or the easiest to add a comment too.

I can understand that...my comment was more tongue in cheek trending toward "My answer is the best answer and you should all just shut up and admit that the Shou Empire would win it all!" sort of thing.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  06:26:18  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What would have happened if the Empire of Imaskar and the Empire of Netheril existed in the same era?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  06:30:47  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

What would have happened if the Empire of Imaskar and the Empire of Netheril existed in the same era?

Didn't they?

EDIT:

Checked some dates. Imaskari Empire didn't fall until -2488 DR.

"High Netheril" was founded in -2954 DR with the first Enclave.

The Imaskari and Netherese had hundreds of years at their peak of power to deal with each other.

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 09 Jun 2012 06:42:05
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  06:45:57  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Didn't they?

No, they didn't. I was referring to the old empires, not Shade and High and Deep Imaskar.

The old Imaskar was founded around -8000s DR, and was turned to ashes around -2000s DR, while Netheril was founded around -2500s. At some point they 'met', but definitely not during the height of their power, which in Netheril's case, was around -2200s DR, the Golden Age. In short, Imaskar was already falling apart by the time Netheril was just starting to become an empire.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 09 Jun 2012 06:52:08
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  06:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to disagree.

The Netherese had the the Nether Scrolls by -3533 DR.

While they may not have started chopping up mountains until -2954 DR, that is still hundreds of years of access to Sarukh magic...and well over a thousand years before Imaskar fell.

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1582 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2014 :  22:49:52  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went with 5k seldarine knights just because I think they outclass the purple dragons and red wizards would leave once heavy resistance was met. However, in the Seven Sisters accessory it was stated that the Simbul...ALONE...once destroyed an army of thousands.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1361 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2014 :  23:10:57  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Simbul was a powerhouse. In one of Ed's Sage of Shadowdale novels she mentions she doesn't have much useful magic available, unless they actually wanted the entire Hullack Forest blasted apart.

Edited by - Eilserus on 18 Dec 2014 23:11:24
Go to Top of Page

Omenborn
Acolyte

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2014 :  06:11:12  Show Profile Send Omenborn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the Purple Dragons mixed in with a Spellfire User or two to counter enemy Magic would be a good team

Some Adventure for Gold,
others for Fame,
ME i just like to KILL THING
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1153 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2014 :  18:08:45  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
5000 priestesses of Sharess, including a mix of Celebrants of Sharess, Dancers of Sharess, 5e Sharessin Paladins of Sharess, Spelldancers of Sharess, and Mystic Wanders of Sharess and Glorious Servitors of Bast.

People would be happy to be conquoered.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30221 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2014 :  19:50:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

5000 priestesses of Sharess, including a mix of Celebrants of Sharess, Dancers of Sharess, 5e Sharessin Paladins of Sharess, Spelldancers of Sharess, and Mystic Wanders of Sharess and Glorious Servitors of Bast.

People would be happy to be conquoered.

With that particular mix, though, I don't think your army would even make it out of the camp.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000