Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 War !
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  12:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I recall, Asmodeus himself never directly sent his personal stock of pit fiends into action in the blood war; he was building up an army for "A conflict that would dwarf the blood war" by his claim.

The time is coming.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  13:08:07  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Question... by "5,000 Seldarine Knights" do we mean fighter levels only, or a mixture of classes? And I really like the Purple Dragons as well... so it's a bit of a tough call.

It can be a mixture of classes. whatever you want bro! really the question is isf you were going to take over the realms and you had to start with 5k troops what type of troops would you want to use in this war if you could choose?

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
— H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories)
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  14:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

If I recall, Asmodeus himself never directly sent his personal stock of pit fiends into action in the blood war; he was building up an army for "A conflict that would dwarf the blood war" by his claim.

The time is coming.

That's a scary thought

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  00:07:36  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I have the SDF-1 from Robotech?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  00:14:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got one word for ya'...

Pikachu!

And if I can teach him how to Airbend, perform Alchemy, and go Super-Saiyan 4 so much the better.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  02:27:46  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What exactly do all those pit fiends do, day in and day out? I mean, you can only torture lemures for so long until it gets dull.

Maybe they farm abyssal potatoes and abyssal tomatoes. Perhaps some are shepherds of abyssal cows and abyssal sheep.

And what do their houses look like? I bet they have really tall and wide doorways so they don't bump their leathery wings.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  06:37:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Suburban Hell... NICE.

I just picture them driving to work each day in heavy traffic (in their lemure-pulled chariots), and them calling their wives on the way home to tell them that they'll be late... and a she gets mad because she has a delicious unbaptized soul in the oven...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Feb 2011 06:40:13
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  06:46:14  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Pikachu!

And if I can teach him how to Airbend, perform Alchemy, and go Super-Saiyan 4 so much the better.

Actually give me a death note and he wouldn't stand a chance

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  07:35:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Light

quote:

Pikachu!

Ah, but remember the human factor of the Death Note:- "The human whose name is written in this note shall die."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  12:03:36  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
quote:
Originally posted by Light

Ah, but remember the human factor of the Death Note:- "The human whose name is written in this note shall die."

Oops!

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  17:14:21  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Therise

What exactly do all those pit fiends do, day in and day out? I mean, you can only torture lemures for so long until it gets dull.

Maybe they farm abyssal potatoes and abyssal tomatoes. Perhaps some are shepherds of abyssal cows and abyssal sheep.

And what do their houses look like? I bet they have really tall and wide doorways so they don't bump their leathery wings.

You know, the usual. Hookers and cocaine.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  18:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if pit fiends drive prius's to work?

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  23:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voted! And my vote went for the 5,000 Seldarine Knights. Ah... my elven knights, bladesingers, spellsingers, high mages and more await the reclamation of lost elven lands!!! Mwahahahaha!!!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart

Edited by - Joran Nobleheart on 25 Feb 2011 23:39:39
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2011 :  02:59:55  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

quote:
Originally posted by Therise

You know, the usual. Hookers and cocaine.

Hookers and blow, sheesh!

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2011 :  21:28:31  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the asmodeus's company car a dodge probe?

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  13:37:37  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
KARSUS was my vote

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  14:30:38  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suspect the Baatezu all drive Volkswagens and Hummers.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  14:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I suspect the Baatezu all drive Volkswagens and Hummers.

Dos Auto.

Heh, I wonder what the realms would be like with automobiles.

Anyways the Purple Dragons would blast the Baatezu in their Hummers away with their tanks!! (yes, the Obarskyrs are bad mofos that way)

Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  16:56:25  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By tanks you mean pegasi right?

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  17:01:00  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Synthalus

By tanks you mean pegasi right?

Unicorns with pink ribbons and velvet covered wings.

Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  20:36:08  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unicorns with pink ribbons and velvet covered wings. !

with Howitzers attached to there sides right?

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  20:56:52  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is exactly why you shouldn't drink the water in Cormyr.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Fingal
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  21:20:19  Show Profile Send Fingal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
20 hard drinking, hard swearing, well armed Dwarves would do me. Especially riding big, hairy war pigs. Oh yes.
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  22:33:13  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice touch with the warpigs fingal. question would there battle cry sound like the ozzy osbourne song?

Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  12:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if the forces of the Zhentarim where to join with the forces of the red wizards of thay and the empire of kara-tur is there anyone on faerun that could stop them from steamrolling over the entire world?

Go to Top of Page

Wonderbringer
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  14:10:23  Show Profile  Visit Wonderbringer's Homepage Send Wonderbringer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
5,000 Techsmiths/Gondar would be something to see... kept in reserve with under orders to turn out Gondsmen, with various golems and seige engines, I would foresee quite a wondrous war. Also having a few of them in the field to repair the troops and blow up any major problems would make it a nigh-unstoppable force.
That being if I wanted to bring glory and wonder to The Realms... if the aim were only death then give me a few thousand Phaerimm to feed.

Discuss ideas and spread them so that all may see the divine light that is the Wonderbringer.
Go to Top of Page

ChieftainTwilight
Learned Scribe

171 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  21:09:58  Show Profile Send ChieftainTwilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to say, I'd probably use a force of Humanoid "Monsters", because most of teh more powerful forces listed here all have alterior motives, or are just very taxing to control. Dragons? Slaad? seriously? I'd hate to think what would happen when we get close to victory and someone decides to mutiny. >.>

so, I'd probably use Orcs, Goblins, or Lesser Giants of some kind (like Ogres, or Trolls).

and a heart can only break so many times
and I've been to hell and back so many times
and I've seen folks walk away so many times
but just like anyone else I gotta stand up by myself
a heart can only break so many times
Go to Top of Page

ChieftainTwilight
Learned Scribe

171 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  21:17:04  Show Profile Send ChieftainTwilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pikachu!

don't keep it to just one setting, now! XD break every world barrier, why don't ya.

and I've been to hell and back so many times
and I've seen folks walk away so many times
but just like anyone else I gotta stand up by myself
a heart can only break so many times
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  10:45:43  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Man, tough question. My first incline was to go with the Red Wizards, but after careful thought, I went with the Purple Knights. There are some things that you can't account for in war, and one of them is discipline. I feel that Cormyr could field the most disciplined army on Faerun.

quote:
Originally posted by Garfed

My first inclination is to go with the Red Wizards, but after careful consideration, I went with the purple knight. There are some things you can not explain in the war, one of which is discipline. I think the energy field of Cormyr Phelan of the most disciplined army...

Hmm. Weirdness ensues.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  11:56:28  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of those two must be an Illithid, controlling the mind of the other and who knows how many other Scribes here at the 'Keep. I think it safer to burn them both.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000