Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 War !
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  03:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still stick by my Shou Lung Empire...I get hundreds of thousands of soldiers AND SPELLJAMMING ships! A whole fleet of them...so I'm even many steps ahead of Halruaa in Air Superiority!

Visit my Blog Page to find things for YOUR Forgotten Realms!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  06:31:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The few hundreds of Shadovar troops slaughtered seven thousand Saerloonians, composed of soldiers and spellcasters, in Shadowstorm. How much more if Shade utilizes all its troops...

If I were to wage war against all the realms in Faerun, even if it's one realm at a time, 5,000 looks too few. I say 25,000 will be the ideal/best number. I would have a mix of the Shadovar, Red Wizards out of Thay, Halruaa survivors, and hundreds of durthans and their lackeys.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  07:45:39  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Question... by "5,000 Seldarine Knights" do we mean fighter levels only, or a mixture of classes? And I really like the Purple Dragons as well... so it's a bit of a tough call.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  12:03:22  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sticking with my pit fiends. Asmodeus has been literally bleeding the things for thousands of years now; he has enough.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  12:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage  Click to see Alisttair's MSN Messenger address Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

I'm sticking with my pit fiends. Asmodeus has been literally bleeding the things for thousands of years now; he has enough.

Plus the numbers must have spiked now that they stopped constantly fighting the demons I reckon.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  12:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I recall, Asmodeus himself never directly sent his personal stock of pit fiends into action in the blood war; he was building up an army for "A conflict that would dwarf the blood war" by his claim.

The time is coming.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  13:08:07  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Question... by "5,000 Seldarine Knights" do we mean fighter levels only, or a mixture of classes? And I really like the Purple Dragons as well... so it's a bit of a tough call.

It can be a mixture of classes. whatever you want bro! really the question is isf you were going to take over the realms and you had to start with 5k troops what type of troops would you want to use in this war if you could choose?

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories)
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  14:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage  Click to see Alisttair's MSN Messenger address Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If I recall, Asmodeus himself never directly sent his personal stock of pit fiends into action in the blood war; he was building up an army for "A conflict that would dwarf the blood war" by his claim.

The time is coming.

That's a scary thought

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
778 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  00:07:36  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I have the SDF-1 from Robotech?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
13771 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  00:14:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got one word for ya'...

Pikachu!

And if I can teach him how to Airbend, perform Alchemy, and go Super-Saiyan 4 so much the better.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1265 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  02:27:46  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What exactly do all those pit fiends do, day in and day out? I mean, you can only torture lemures for so long until it gets dull.

Maybe they farm abyssal potatoes and abyssal tomatoes. Perhaps some are shepherds of abyssal cows and abyssal sheep.

And what do their houses look like? I bet they have really tall and wide doorways so they don't bump their leathery wings.

4E Realms was awful, but it's water under the Boareskyr Bridge. Let's make 5E Realms truly shine!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
13771 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  06:37:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Suburban Hell... NICE.

I just picture them driving to work each day in heavy traffic (in their lemure-pulled chariots), and them calling their wives on the way home to tell them that they'll be late... and a she gets mad because she has a delicious unbaptized soul in the oven...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Feb 2011 06:40:13
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  06:46:14  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Pikachu!

And if I can teach him how to Airbend, perform Alchemy, and go Super-Saiyan 4 so much the better.

Actually give me a death note and he wouldn't stand a chance

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31688 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  07:35:31  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Light

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Pikachu!

Ah, but remember the human factor of the Death Note:- "The human whose name is written in this note shall die."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  12:03:36  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
quote:
Originally posted by Light

Ah, but remember the human factor of the Death Note:- "The human whose name is written in this note shall die."

Oops!

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  17:14:21  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Therise

What exactly do all those pit fiends do, day in and day out? I mean, you can only torture lemures for so long until it gets dull.

Maybe they farm abyssal potatoes and abyssal tomatoes. Perhaps some are shepherds of abyssal cows and abyssal sheep.

And what do their houses look like? I bet they have really tall and wide doorways so they don't bump their leathery wings.

You know, the usual. Hookers and cocaine.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  18:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if pit fiends drive prius's to work?

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  23:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voted! And my vote went for the 5,000 Seldarine Knights. Ah... my elven knights, bladesingers, spellsingers, high mages and more await the reclamation of lost elven lands!!! Mwahahahaha!!!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart

Edited by - Joran Nobleheart on 25 Feb 2011 23:39:39
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1265 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2011 :  02:59:55  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Therise

You know, the usual. Hookers and cocaine.

Hookers and blow, sheesh!

4E Realms was awful, but it's water under the Boareskyr Bridge. Let's make 5E Realms truly shine!
Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2011 :  21:28:31  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the asmodeus's company car a dodge probe?

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  13:37:37  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage  Click to see Alisttair's MSN Messenger address Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
KARSUS was my vote

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6235 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  14:30:38  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suspect the Baatezu all drive Volkswagens and Hummers.

Eat lots of garlic - it keeps the elves and vampires away.
Don't stick your sword into dragons, you just don't know where they've been.
Avoid stepping on halflings. They stick to your boots, will smell awful, and are impossible to scrape off.
Ah, of course. Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  14:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage  Click to see Alisttair's MSN Messenger address Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I suspect the Baatezu all drive Volkswagens and Hummers.

Dos Auto.

Heh, I wonder what the realms would be like with automobiles.

Anyways the Purple Dragons would blast the Baatezu in their Hummers away with their tanks!! (yes, the Obarskyrs are bad mofos that way)

Go to Top of Page

Synthalus
Learned Scribe

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  16:56:25  Show Profile  Visit Synthalus's Homepage Send Synthalus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By tanks you mean pegasi right?

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2011 :  17:01:00  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage  Click to see Alisttair's MSN Messenger address Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Synthalus

By tanks you mean pegasi right?

Unicorns with pink ribbons and velvet covered wings.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000