Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Halfling x Human Romance: Icky? Discuss!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1265 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  19:04:42  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

quote:
Originally posted by Therise

This may seem a little weird, but the thing that bothers me most about this isn't the romance or the sex really... it's pregnancy.

Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but when I think about the developing baby, it worries me. Consider the case of a human father and a halfling wife. Her hips are going to be teeny, the birth canal smaller, and there's a likely chance the baby will have a giant human baby head. We're talking pain. Episiotomy for sure.

Frankly, I'd insist on a mage to deliver that big headed baby by teleportation. Because natural delivery... just... ouch. *shudder*

I guess three-quarterling delivery would need to be a rare subset specialty of the midwifery profession in Faerūn, then, huh?

They probably have really huge shoehorns hanging by the front door!

Considering that average baby size at birth ranges from 5lbs to 8lbs-13oz, you'd need some kind of tool to pry that monster out.

The horror... and if the father is a big strapping Norwegian dude, that's likely to be 8 pounds of big baby trying to escape a teeny weeny little va-jay-jay.

The halfling mom should get experience for surviving an elite monster of at least 5 lvls higher if she survives that.

CLERIC! CLERIC! STAT!

4E Realms was awful, but it's water under the Boareskyr Bridge. Let's make 5E Realms truly shine!
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  20:06:29  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Therise

The halfling mom should get experience for surviving an elite monster of at least 5 lvls higher if she survives that.

I hear in 5E, it's known as the Big-Headed Baby feat!

quote:
CLERIC! CLERIC! STAT!

Coming this fall, from the people who brought you ER, Third Watch, and Law & Order, it's . . .

Midwife Cleric.

And . . . cancelled!

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  23:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have we actually seen a FR treatment of a birth? It seems to me that we have, but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  23:50:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You treat all cross-racial births the way you do with half-dragons (and I suppose old-school tieflings). At birth, they take after the mother. Later (puberty?), traits of the other parent begin to manifest.

In the case of female dragons taking the form of humans to mate, the child would be born human-looking, and quickly develop draconic features. We discussed this once before - in the case of shape-changing mothers, the rule-of-thumb should be that she has to stay in that form until giving birth (and doing so in the typical manner of the creature who's form she is taking). If a female changes back before fertilization occurs, no pregnancy can result (unless the two species are close enough to crossbreed naturally anyway). In VERY rare instances, it should be possible to shape-shift at the precise moment fertilization takes place, and then you would have something very unique (like a fully-formed dragonborn hatching from a dragon egg).

ANYWAY...... that means that a halfling mother would give birth to halfling-sized baby - perhaps a bit on the large end of the scale, but still within the halfling norms. The kid would just grow abnormally large (or even have huge 'growth spurt' upon reaching puberty).

And now I am picturing a little tiny man and woman on the Maury show, with this great big kid, and the father wants a paternity test...

I also think that it is the Weave (or the magical energy of any fantasy world) that allows this sort of cross-species breeding. On a low-magic world (like the D&D Earth or in Ravenloft) such things wouldn't work.

But then I have to wonder how Athas has so many cross-breeds... {insert head-scratching smiley}

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Jun 2012 23:53:44
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2012 :  00:00:18  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

And now I am picturing a little tiny man and woman on the Maury show, with this great big kid, and the father wants a paternity test...

"Shoot, that ain't my kid. He don't even look anything like me!"

Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2012 :  00:02:21  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering this thread has went 9 pages, and I wasn't going to read about interracial unions for 9 pages, it's already been mentioned I'm sure, but I don't think halfling-human couplings should be any more unusual than a human getting involved with an orc (you wanna talk yuck?!), and we all know what that creates.

As for the genetics of such pairings, I always figure it by dominant/recessive genes, should such information ever actually be needed. The dominant gene wins, and that's what you end up with, along with certain racial traits. In the case of the halfling-human pairing, I think the human genes would be the dominant ones, so you'd most likely end up with a smaller human, possibly with extra hairy feet. Heh.

"We're not out of here in 10 minutes, we won't need no rockets to fly through space." -Parker, Alien.

Edited by - Varl on 05 Jun 2012 00:03:48
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5054 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2012 :  00:50:27  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, there was a (quite traumatic) birth in Troy's Giants trilogy.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Branimir
Seeker

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2012 :  02:22:32  Show Profile  Visit Branimir's Homepage  Send Branimir an AOL message  Send Branimir an ICQ Message  Click to see Branimir's MSN Messenger address  Send Branimir a Yahoo! Message Send Branimir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting read, I only skimmed it though due to the length. It would be nice if they would create a system to account for most variations, if not all. For example my NWN2 and D&D 3.5 character who is the child of a half-orc and a human, he's only a quarter-orc, since orc genes are pretty dominant a quarter-orc could still look clearly not human but look much more human than a half-orc, even have white skin and blue eyes, but an orcish bone structure and small underfangs. (Does anyone know how I can make my NWN2 photo my avatar? That way you could see what I mean.) It's not really fair to treat him as a human in character generation as he may still have some of his orcan height and strength, but he's less orc so maybe less than a half-orc. So I'd suggest +1 Str, and -1 Cha instead of +2/-2. In fact I'll make that a house rule. And then for example, (though he will probably marry a human) if he married a halfling woman, (excusing for the moment that copulation would not be possible because of size difference) that would be half-halfling, 1/8 orc, and 3/8 human. I'm not sure what you'd do with that, some mix of the 3. At this point, even though his orc dna is so low, it could still be dominant in which case he could still have orc physical qualities, or he may not look orc like at all. Could be human height, or half way between human and halfling, have fangs or not, green skin or not, many combinations. So I think it should be up to the player whether he would be orclike, humanlike, et cetera, and there should be a chart designed for varying purities of dna (Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc.) for each race, and how they mesh with each other race, and then have dominance as a factor as well. Because every generation only takes half the dna from each parent, so even if his grandfather was half-orc he may have no orc dna, or his orc dna could be close to 50% still. This does not add any complication to the game as this can all be simply ignored, you can still pick just an elf, or have a character who's 1/4 elf who is played like a half-elf or a human because of the dominance factor. Its just an idea, maybe as an optional feature or something.

And to contribute to the main topic, I do not think its icky, here's a real life example of a human female with a halfling male: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b73_1181988590
(no offense intended, but he is actually shorter than most halflings, and halflings are basically humans with the same condition as him)

-Branimir Draek

Please check out The Church of Lathander and consider converting today. http://www.facebook.com/TheMorninglord
Contact the church to have your sins absolved today. I can perform legal weddings in the name of Lathander.

Edited by - Branimir on 05 Jun 2012 03:12:45
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2012 :  02:56:01  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Erik, please don't! Yes I think it's icky and I prefer not seeing it in your future novels...
Have no fear, SC. Though I'm very curious as to *why* you think it's icky.

Is it the height thing? Because there are height-challenged people in our own world who have all kinds of relationships with average-height people. Academy Award winning actor Peter Dinklage, for instance--though maybe you think the Tyrion Lannister thing is icky.

Not challenging your view, merely asking you to explain?

I thought about this a while Erik, because I could not really figure out where this comes from. But I think the reason comes more from the roleplaying side than from the combination itself. Have you ever played in a group with this type of players, who are unable to seriously role play and have to crack a joke on anything or ridicule everything possible, as they would feel too embarassed playing seriously? I think the halfling-human combination provoces some kind of rejection in me as it reminds me of those kind of guys. Kinda "haha, my halfling berserk with his 10 feet longsword +15 is hooking up with the tree tall Uthgard warrior." So as you can see it has nothing to do with the height issue itself, it just lets bad memories rise up within me. Halfling x Human just sounds totally unserious to me.
quote:
quote:
(...which I would probably not be able to read anyway because not downloadable outside of the US...)
They're working on that, apparently. I've heard rumors but nothing confirmed. You'll know more when I know more.
Cheers

Interesting! I never quite understood anyway what the problem is. I mean I can order any physical book worldwide without WoTC violating any previous distribution agreements. But digitally it is not possible. Strange. Especially for new books. What is for example the exact rights issue with Shadowbane outside the US? Could you specify this a bit for me? With whom would WoTC have gotten problems by offering Shadowbane worldwide?

Cheers!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2012 :  16:25:01  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I thought about this a while Erik, because I could not really figure out where this comes from. But I think the reason comes more from the roleplaying side than from the combination itself. Have you ever played in a group with this type of players, who are unable to seriously role play and have to crack a joke on anything or ridicule everything possible, as they would feel too embarassed playing seriously? I think the halfling-human combination provoces some kind of rejection in me as it reminds me of those kind of guys. Kinda "haha, my halfling berserk with his 10 feet longsword +15 is hooking up with the tree tall Uthgard warrior." So as you can see it has nothing to do with the height issue itself, it just lets bad memories rise up within me. Halfling x Human just sounds totally unserious to me.
I completely understand. And yes, it has a LOT to do with context, and whether people take such a relationship seriously. I would absolutely not advise introducing a non-normative relationship (i.e. interracial, interspecies, non-heterosexual, etc.) into a campaign with players who don't RP "seriously"--probably, you don't want to talk about romance in anything but the crudest terms ("roll to see if I'm getting drunk!" or "if there are chicks there, I wanna DO THEM!").

I am currently playing in a long-term campaign where my female shadar-kai Vayne has numerous non-normative relationships. She has acquired a (somewhat-but-not-entirely-undeserved) reputation for romancing anything that moves, and is the subject of quite a few jokes. I've found that the other players, who are themselves skilled and serious RPers, take far more seriously her relationships with, say, the evil elf rogue who constantly gets in our way or the half-elf/half-dragon last chosen of Mystra (another PC), but they largely laugh off her relationship with one of her exes, a hobgoblin pirate. Probably, this was because the elf and the elf/dragon are more human-like than the brutish hobgoblin, which I specifically created as a crude, brutish monster. For her part, Vayne takes each of her relationships just as seriously as the others, often making decisions that inconvenience (if not outright harm) the party for the sake of preserving them. She even had a "thing" with a halfling thief of equivalent level who would constantly hit on her, though she never reciprocated--this has less to do with his height than the fact that he was an amnesiac villain who would murder us all in our sleep any day now. (Long story!)

I should also assert (as I'm sure I have before) that the term "romance" is not synonymous with "sexual relationship." I see no reason a halfling and a human couldn't have a romantic relationship, which may or may not include sexual congress (not that it's any of our business!), and have it be taken seriously and respected. A lot of the burden for that probably falls on the halfling, who will always have to work to break down the immediate prejudice against it.

And this is off topic, but:
quote:
quote:
quote:
(...which I would probably not be able to read anyway because not downloadable outside of the US...)
They're working on that, apparently. I've heard rumors but nothing confirmed. You'll know more when I know more.
Interesting! I never quite understood anyway what the problem is. I mean I can order any physical book worldwide without WoTC violating any previous distribution agreements. But digitally it is not possible. Strange. Especially for new books. What is for example the exact rights issue with Shadowbane outside the US? Could you specify this a bit for me? With whom would WoTC have gotten problems by offering Shadowbane worldwide?
I don't know the details, I'm afraid. All I know is that it is a legal issue that WotC is currently dealing with. Their distribution deals are different for paper copies than for digital distribution. You might check out the ebook discussion threads in the Realms Novels section for more details as they emerge.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 22 Aug 2012 16:50:32
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1632 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  02:19:53  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And now for something completely different . . .

In honor of a discussion I had recently, I'm doing what I promised/threatened to do, which is this:

Halfling + Human romance. Icky?

Discuss!

Cheers

How'd I miss this thread for so long?

And without the time to read all the entries, I wondered if anyone remembered that I had the first halfling Lord of Waterdeep with a human wife long ago back in 1993/1994 with the CITY OF SPLENDORS boxed set?

And now to attend to the little halfli-er, baby girl protesting in my arms right now. Think she needs a bottle soon....

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  03:09:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember that, Steven!

Also, hail and well met!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31048 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  04:11:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

And now for something completely different . . .

In honor of a discussion I had recently, I'm doing what I promised/threatened to do, which is this:

Halfling + Human romance. Icky?

Discuss!

Cheers

How'd I miss this thread for so long?

And without the time to read all the entries, I wondered if anyone remembered that I had the first halfling Lord of Waterdeep with a human wife long ago back in 1993/1994 with the CITY OF SPLENDORS boxed set?

And now to attend to the little halfli-er, baby girl protesting in my arms right now. Think she needs a bottle soon....

Steven

I readily recall the late Nindil Jalbuck, but I'd forgotten about his human wife...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31691 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  06:15:22  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I killed off Jalbuck about 20 years ago, in favour of another Lord I'd created.

Not sure what happened to his wife in my campaign. I think I left that plothook dangling for future use... Hmmm.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3593 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  06:48:59  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Not sure what happened to his wife in my campaign. I think I left that plothook dangling for future use... Hmmm.

You only THOUGHT you killed him off...he really just retired to a nice cozy estate in The Five Shires...

(blatant plug...)

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  14:23:06  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And no for a fact from science. The size of the mother's womb, is the biggest determining factor on the size of the baby(e.g Goldmore and Groom, 2005; Kent, et, al. 2004). So the birthing process would be no more painful than if she was trying to give birth to any other baby born by any other male. If she has a tight pelvis, then it will be particularly painful, if not, then it wont. The infant would quickly perhaps even before puberty grow beyond that of of a typical halfling, but that this won't impact the birthing process.

The same holds when dwarves in our own society have offspring to average sized, or even tall mates. Thus valadating those of the opinion expressed earlier of this occurence. And I wonder if anybody reading the Hobbit ever thought Tolkien was refering to this with Bilbo's uncle, who was five feet tall. That's pretty tall for a halfling. hmmmm.

And while I know of no birthing of this, or like this in the relms, Allen Kurts "Saga of Ice" does deal with several cross-breading births. Halfling-human, human-troll (think more of the Earthdawn, or Shadowrun style), and human-dragon. I feel that the detail of the birthing process, the man did work in the medical profession and delivered a few babies, was very accurate from a factual slid into a fantasy relm. Of course the books were considered a bit scandless back in the nineteenth century, but you ever get a chance to read any of them, I think you'll enjoy it.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31048 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  15:05:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:

You only THOUGHT you killed him off...he really just retired to a nice cozy estate in The Five Shires...

(blatant plug...)

Actually, in canon, the real Nindil Jalbuck was killed and replaced by a greater doppelganger -- which means the Unseen have successfully infiltrated the Lords of Waterdeep.

Of course, one of my Lords of Waterdeep articles had the Unseen themselves getting infiltrated (by the mentor of a guy who became a Lord), which meant that at least some of the Lords knew about that Unseen infiltration, and Khelben was being very careful about what "Nindil" was and was not allowed to find out...

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  15:16:10  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

(blatant plug...)

Actually, in canon, the real Nindil Jalbuck was killed and replaced by a greater doppelganger -- which means the Unseen have successfully infiltrated the Lords of Waterdeep.

Of course, one of my Lords of Waterdeep articles had the Unseen themselves getting infiltrated (by the mentor of a guy who became a Lord), which meant that at least some of the Lords knew about that Unseen infiltration, and Khelben was being very careful about what "Nindil" was and was not allowed to find out...

Infernal affairs... in the relms... how interesting.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31691 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  16:23:54  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

(blatant plug...)

Hmmm. Maybe that's what I was thinking of then.

I don't remember doing anything with the doppelganger Jalbuck, though. Heh.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

combatmedic
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2012 :  07:23:30  Show Profile Send combatmedic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't see that it's any weirder than a human and elf match.

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I'm putting it here so I don't have to type it in every other post. :)
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3747 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2012 :  23:08:44  Show Profile  Click to see Alystra Illianniis's MSN Messenger address Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

So in a fantasy setting, when a farmer lets some passers-through sleep in his barn, its not his daughters he necessarily has to worry about?

"Hey you! don't you be eyeing up ol' Bessy, ya hear? Dang minotaurs...."

And oddly enough, this reminds me of a scene in a book written by a friend of mine (Her first published novel: "Of Gods and Goats"- look for it in e-book form, or order from "From My Shelf Books"!! It's a hilarious and wonderful read, guys!) where the *ahem* gay minotaur falls in love with the main character's pet steer. Yes, you read that correctly- a minotaur making moon-eyes over a "fixed" male bovine.... Apparently, he did not care that the object of his affection was neutered.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  04:55:44  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It didn't stop Zeus in the Greek myths (Io) either, right?

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3747 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  08:07:23  Show Profile  Click to see Alystra Illianniis's MSN Messenger address Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Touche!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2012 :  15:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, not only is my thread still alive, it's just gotten weirder than ever.

[sniff]

I'm so proud!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2012 :  21:48:09  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
("roll to see if I'm getting drunk!" or "if there are chicks there, I wanna DO THEM!").

Erik,

You receive an Ogre slaying Knife, with a +9 against Ogres for the Dead Alewives quote. Still funny to this day.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000