Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What do you want to see mapped......
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  22:26:33  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay, in this thread we can send clear signals to the
PowerzThatzBe and let them know what we want to see.

I want to see complete detail of about 30 miles around Myth Drannor.
Castle Cormanthor
The avariel enclave on Mt Sundabar
The Vaults of Uvaeren
Blackstaff Tower
The Vault of the Tomb Trappers
Larloch's Castle
The Tortured Lands
Some ruins of Aryvandaar complete with lost spells,
weapons, and armors. (drool)
Elven Court
The safehold above the Oathstone.

Yeah, I know some of this will never see print. But, a guy can dream
can't he?

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  23:09:01  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Candlekeep... both outside and inside. I want maps of halls and catacombs of that place.

Larloch's Crypt... some kind of overview or general map.

EvereskaJust... a simple city map

A detailed map of every floor and vault of Windsong tower.

Thats just to name a few
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  23:35:42  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sword Coast south of Daggerford, then to the Fields of the Dead. Seems so desolate. On the other hand I'm grateful it leaves much to the dm.

Of the ruins, an Imaskari ruin, but done differently, with tesseracts and stuff. Or some Talfiric ruin, Talis or what's below Iriaebor.
Go to Top of Page

Jorin Embersmith
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  23:58:35  Show Profile Send Jorin Embersmith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Blackstaff Tower

Larloch's Castle

These are the two I want to see. the Warlock's Crypt would no doubt be massive...almost Undermountain massive!

And Blackstaff tower is probably pretty intricate on several planes.

The Vault of the Tomb Tappers (Tappers, not Trappers): This is (mostly) mapped out in the Anauroch portion of the Tearing of the Weave 3 part modules.

Karavarus: I polymorph into a Hydra and let loose a bellowing roar! Is he intimidated?
Me: No, but the female hydra behind him certainly notices you...
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  00:11:00  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see maps of the level of detail of Brian's 4E Cormyr update article for the Western Heartlands, Amn, Tethyr, and Calimshan.

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  00:12:39  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More detailed maps of resources in the Realms, than the one in FRCS.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  00:51:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Candlekeep... both outside and inside. I want maps of halls and catacombs of that place.
I borrowed from Pratchett on this, when I attempted much the same. So my Candlekeep has been mapped out to conform to the spatial contours of C-space... as the Realms equivalent of the DISCWORLD's L-space.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  09:32:41  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Candlekeep and Larloch's Castle. I want "detailed" maps.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  09:38:38  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If somebody's mapping out Candlekeep, then please give me a room with a nice ocean view.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  10:52:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I have to second that.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  14:33:11  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every single city in the realms, and I add to the request to have a fully mapped Candlekeep.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  16:31:33  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point, but Many-Arrows. Where do their boarders end? Do they include the lurkwood in their territory? Is it just this small area between Mithral Hall and Glimmerwood, or do they count the whole of the Spine as theirs(even if most of it is vast untamed wilderness). Do they include any of the evermoors as their territory? And do they have colonization rights, or does the treaty require they stay within a certain boarder?

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  06:08:53  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll second the vote for Many Arrows and any sizeable structures and settlements within. If the Warlock Knights have done anything noticeable with it, maybe Vassa and any major structures and settlements within.

And add another vote for Blackstaff Tower, Candlekeep, and Larloch's Castle.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  08:43:02  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Y'know, I've put more thought into this. I'd like a detailed map of Alustriel's bedroom, along with the surrounding hallways, passages, and shrubbery. It obviously needs to indicate magical wards (and passwords), guardposts, and patrol routes. I wouldn't be surprised if Ed has already worked a lot of this stuff out.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  08:44:50  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I second Blackstaff Tower and Candlekeep. And Windsong Tower. And Castle Cormanthor.

My personal fav would be Ched Nasad in 1479 DR, we know next to nothing about it, unfortunately. Or the rebuilt Myth Drannor.

Well, you get the drift. Almost anything concerned with elves/drow will do.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  03:32:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

If somebody's mapping out Candlekeep, then please give me a room with a nice ocean view.
IIRC, in 4e Candlekeep is on an island, so every room should be an ocean view.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 02 Feb 2011 03:40:33
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  03:37:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

IIRC, in 4e Candlekeep is on an island, so every room should be ab ocean view.

Pretty much.

"Candlekeep remains a bastion of learning, though the crag it rests upon now stands at least 100 feet off the coast." -- pg. 84 FRCG. There's some further tidbits about Candlekeep's status on pg. 95.

Also, from Brian:-

"Candlekeep still stands, yet in the Year of the Ageless One it rests precariously on a slender volcanic crag 100 feet off the coast. Strong magic of unknown origin keeps it from plummeting into the Sea of Swords raging below."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  03:50:16  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

IIRC, in 4e Candlekeep is on an island, so every room should be an ocean view.

Nah, that depends where the room is. If it's in the middle, surrounded by numerous chambers, expect not an ocean view.

Go to Top of Page

Goldeagle
Acolyte

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  14:23:54  Show Profile Send Goldeagle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Was this ever done?
I hope so
Go to Top of Page

Matrix Sorcica
Seeker

Denmark
89 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  21:29:37  Show Profile Send Matrix Sorcica a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Castle Never ruins including dungeons below.

The Dread Ring in Neverwinter Forest.

The ruins of Sharandar in Neverwinter Forest.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  22:31:26  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forget what it's called but the 'mountain' that was the center of the Shoon Imperium in Montravi Teshy Mir (misspelled?). I can second just about every location already mentioned as well. And then there's this...

Markustay's Misbegotten Realms (#1 on my list anyway) :)

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  01:32:27  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

I forget what it's called but the 'mountain' that was the center of the Shoon Imperium in Montravi Teshy Mir (misspelled?). I can second just about every location already mentioned as well. And then there's this...

Markustay's Misbegotten Realms (#1 on my list anyway) :)

Shoonach. And there is a map of sorts on the back of the foldout map that came with "Empires of the Shining Sea".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  01:33:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd just love to see a map of Impiltur that mirrors the one in my head.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  01:35:24  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Citadel of the Bloody Hand
Ed's original Gauntlgrym
Citadel Adbar, in excruciating detail
The other levels of the Haunted Halls
A complete map of Waterdeep, including every floor of every building plus sewers including every connection to the surface and to other dungeons
Endless Caverns :-)

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Gareth
Seeker

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2019 :  10:36:34  Show Profile Send Gareth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon Tower of Maaril
The Tower High of Manshoon
Vangerdahast's tower
Blackstaff Tower
Haunted Halls of Eveningstar (and surrounding environs)

Ed's Originals as well as any other authors versions (such as Steven Schend's Blackstaff tower)
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2019 :  11:26:57  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A detailed map of the Old Empires area in the 1490s. (I know I did one, but obviously mine is not canon).

A world map of Abeir!

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2019 :  21:44:25  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gauntlgrym - Not the current "guestimation" but an actual map, much as they did for Menzo.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

roninshadow
Acolyte

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2019 :  13:18:21  Show Profile Send roninshadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Candlekeep and blackstaff's tower
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2019 :  22:03:40  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A super detailed map of Myth Drannor before the Reclamation. There are some on the web but none quite to my liking.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000