Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2011)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 60

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  01:30:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

I once teased him with a Hallowe'en Little Red Shedevil outfit, complete with stiletto heels and little forked tail, but I'm a little far away from him right now for THAT particular ploy to work again this year.
love,
THO

I hope the Lady K is reading this.

Roleplaying indeed!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  03:42:11  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
I would add that just because humans progressed through the steam age to get to where we are, doesn't mean other paths could have been taken on other worlds (a race of sea-people would have to have followed a VERY different path, for instance). The limitations set upon Toril does not preclude it from eventually becoming a highly advanced world regardless. Hell, they already have a space program!

EDIT: I forgot to ask the required question:
Ed, was The Adama your idea? If so, was it the bare-bones religion as presented in the SS products, or do you have more you'd care to share?
quote:
Originally posted by Mandarb Carai an Caldazar

I'm left wondering if Gond and his worshipers were left unscathed after the Spellplague? Also, are there any Realms novels focused on or featuring Gond-specific lore or any novels planned for the future? Unless I just somehow managed to miss out, is there a reason why there is such a dearth of mechanical contructs in the Realms?
As for that first query - IIRC, in 4e, Gond was merged with some dwarven God, but I'm not sure which one, since their pantheon also got shaken-up. By 'merged' I mean the two could have always been one, merged at some time in the distant past, both be part of some even greater power of the forge, etc, etc... it falls under the category of "beyond mortal understanding".

I'll also point out that humans of the Utter East apparently always worshiped a dwarven representation of a 'smith god', and that the dwarves of Zakhara worship a single dwarven 'Creator God' that contains aspects of the others, and the people of the Golden Waters follow the Adama, which contains an aspect of Gond and several other Faerūnian deities in a single sect. Thus proving that gods can be many things at once, and that once again it is "beyond mortal understanding".

Also - non-canonicaly - both Gray Richardson and I have come to similar conclusions about Gond being a FR aspect of Goibne - the Finnish god of the smith (a pantheon already known to Toril), and that he may also be related to the Greek Hephastus (Roman Vulcan). The "ugly, stunted" aspect of the Greek god would fit well with a human world viewing a dwarven god. Hephastus was also married to Aphrodite, known as venus in Roman, which is very close to 'Sune' spelled backwards (which, when coupled with a certain Ed-written Dragon article, sparked the quasi-canonically lore that Sune is indeed Aphrodite operating under the alias 'Sune' in the Realms).

There are more mysteries in the heavens then grains of sand on the beach.

As for that last part, see Quale's construct thread for my own theories - I think there are so many simply because they all (or nearly all) stem from one source originally, and that knowledge - like any other - has spread, multiplied, and diversified.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Nov 2011 15:01:52
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  20:50:08  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Back on page 6 of this thread, Dennis asked for more about a list of Netherese archwizards. Nothing more from Ed yet, but in my notes I found this: "Lucke: neogi trade, shapechanging to do so, transforming slaves and apprentices into neogi variants."
So there's one tiny tidbit, of something the Knights heard about, but never saw (so it could be mere rumor, not true).
And of course, "Lucke" is a pseudonym, not the mage's name...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  21:34:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Thank you, THO!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Farrel
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
239 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2011 :  16:01:17  Show Profile Send Farrel a Private Message
Hi THO

I have a couple of follow up questions for Ed, regarding Darrask Baergil, if I may please?

Did Darrask Baergil ever visit the ruins of Belarus's castle, and did it ever feature in the dreams sent to him by Tempus?

Would Baergil have been aware of the ruins location/history due to all the lore and maps he collected?

Thanks very much

Edited by - Farrel on 03 Nov 2011 18:40:56
Go to Top of Page

ShadowKing
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2011 :  16:50:31  Show Profile Send ShadowKing a Private Message
Hi, I have some questions for Ed about the members of monastic orders.
How do the monks of organized orders dress?
Are there strict rules about the vestments in every order or monastery? Maybe a sort of uniform?
Or is each monk free to wear what he prefers?
I am interested in the style and the colouration of their vestments.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2011 :  17:08:53  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
ShadowKing, I've sent your queries to Ed, but can begin to answer by saying, from play experience in the "home" Realms campaign: yes, monastic orders have "formal" vestments worn during certain rituals, and rules (usually tied to religious rank, which is not necessarily the same as class level) about dress.
However, most monastic COMMUNITIES (an abbey, for instance, or a temple farm) have practical everyday exceptions/exemptions to these dress codes, associated with daily work (e.g. if you're a monk mucking out a pigsty or the abbey privies, you wouldn't be expected to do so in your formal vestments). Some faiths are very practical, others very formal...and it even varies from presiding priest to presiding priest, as well as from order/sect to order/sect...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2011 :  21:03:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
And your response raises a question of my own.

Knowing that Ed was not a 'by-the-book' DM (since the Realms pre-dated the book), did he assign spells by character-level, or did he allow for other factors to determine what someone was capable of?

In other words, if a lev. 3 priest was the head of his temple, perhaps the chief priest of the city, would he have some spells at his disposal that went beyond some arbitrary level system?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2011 :  22:41:41  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, Markustay.
No, Ed doesn't "break" the level system when it came to all priests and their spells, but he has two wrinkles in the "home" Realms campaign that do grant far more spell power to priests (both PCs and NPCs) than their class level would suggest they ever have:

1. Gods sometimes answer the prayers of anyone with extra, or more powerful, spells than normally granted, usually because the supplicant is dedicated to doing something, RIGHT NOW, that the god very much approves of. This can take the form of unusual and unexpected multiples of the spell desired (nine flame strikes instead of one, nine heal spells instead of one), or spells "higher in level" than those usually granted to the supplicant (either a mighty spell given to a novice, or even a spell put in the mind of a non-priest, such as a faithful to the deity woodchopper or farm wife or child. Often, but not always, these are divine responses to worshippers pleading in desperation, with their lives in immediate peril.

2. On home "holy ground" (i.e. inside their temple or close to an altar of the deity or the burial place of a powerful holy worshipper of the deity), any priest gains extra power if they need it. So a novice or young girl with a broom guarding an altar against an orc raiding band could smite them with holy spells she desired but that would normally be far beyond her. (Were this not so, shrines and temples across the Realms would be constantly and casually robbed by brigands, adventurers, and soldiers of the local rulership.) This is a key ingredient in skeptics truly believing in the gods, even if they don't think them worthy of worship. Those intending to vandalize or plunder a temple will often taste fierce and unexpected resistance from opponents who would be puny annoyances elsewhere.

I've adapted these from some of Ed's writings to us in THE CAMPAIGN HACK, Canada's longest-running gaming 'zine. He penned them in the early 1980s, before TSR bought the Realms.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  04:40:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Thanks for the quick answer.

I have something similar myself.

Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  10:37:25  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by MalariaMoon

Hi Ed and THO,

I've just been idly flipping through [i[Sea of Fallen Stars[/i], which briefly describes the whales living therein. It led me to wonder whether Ed had anything to tell us of the whales that inhabit Toril as a whole? Are there any particular kinds endemic to Toril? What do they sing about? Something of the relationships between them and the landlubbing races of the Realms (which nations hunt whales, and for what purpose)?

Do the Knights of Myth Drannor have any stories to tell on the subject?

Amongst all the other pressing requests for lore, I'm bound to say this is not a pressing question, but it is maybe an interesting one.

My thanks

Ed described 4 species of whales, back on July 23, 2006, including the Araun, Daerasluke, Karrask and Browntail. You can find it in the So Saith Ed (Jul - Sep 2006) file (http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/sse/sse_070809-06.htm)

Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  10:45:06  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message
You can also find Ed talking about whale migration in the 2009 questions on page 27 about halfway down: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12023&whichpage=27
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  14:59:36  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi, Markustay.
No, Ed doesn't "break" the level system when it came to all priests and their spells, but he has two wrinkles in the "home" Realms campaign that do grant far more spell power to priests (both PCs and NPCs) than their class level would suggest they ever have:

1. Gods sometimes answer the prayers of anyone with extra, or more powerful, spells than normally granted, usually because the supplicant is dedicated to doing something, RIGHT NOW, that the god very much approves of. This can take the form of unusual and unexpected multiples of the spell desired (nine flame strikes instead of one, nine heal spells instead of one), or spells "higher in level" than those usually granted to the supplicant (either a mighty spell given to a novice, or even a spell put in the mind of a non-priest, such as a faithful to the deity woodchopper or farm wife or child. Often, but not always, these are divine responses to worshippers pleading in desperation, with their lives in immediate peril.

2. On home "holy ground" (i.e. inside their temple or close to an altar of the deity or the burial place of a powerful holy worshipper of the deity), any priest gains extra power if they need it. So a novice or young girl with a broom guarding an altar against an orc raiding band could smite them with holy spells she desired but that would normally be far beyond her. (Were this not so, shrines and temples across the Realms would be constantly and casually robbed by brigands, adventurers, and soldiers of the local rulership.) This is a key ingredient in skeptics truly believing in the gods, even if they don't think them worthy of worship. Those intending to vandalize or plunder a temple will often taste fierce and unexpected resistance from opponents who would be puny annoyances elsewhere.

I've adapted these from some of Ed's writings to us in THE CAMPAIGN HACK, Canada's longest-running gaming 'zine. He penned them in the early 1980s, before TSR bought the Realms.
love,
THO

So evil temples should actually be quite harder to take down especially one with fanatical worshipers. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  15:12:46  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. About 20 pages back, createvmind asked: "Hello, Ed what would one see if within a bag of holding, what could one "THINK" they could do safely within a bag of holding and what would be safe and unsafe?"
Ed replies:

Hi, createvmind. Being a "hard" rules question, this would be better put to staff designers at Wizards, but here's how I have always ruled as a DM:
If an observer is entirely inside a bag of holding, they can see all that it's holding, but 'properly' see (as in: look at and be able to examine, beyond just seeing overall shape and size) only things that they touch.
So if you already knew your bag contained six scrolls and a chamberpot, you could readily find them all and tell them apart, but NOT read or identify individual scrolls unless they were all contained in clearly different-shaped (NOT color-coded) containers - - or unless you touched and held them for direct examination.

Most folk in the Realms would (correctly) be wary of kindling a fire, casting a spell or discharging a magic item that "fires" anything (even if it's using a ray with surgical precision, in a non-violent manner), or waving about anything with a sharp point or edge (as opposed to CAREFULLY drawing a blade to carry out a small-scale scraping or slitting task) inside a bag of holding - - or activating/using anything that accesses extra-dimensional space while within a bag (e.g. opening one bag of holding that is inside another). None of these actions are likely to "end well." Items that gently alter temperature (not to extremes, and no involving open sparks or flames) can be used, but users are warned that air exchange within a bag of holding is SLOW, and that for practical purposes the inside of a bag of holding can/should be treated like a small, enclosed, apt to get stuffy room (so releases of dusts and gases can be bad).

As a DM, I like to cultivate thinking amongst players that bags of holding are delicate, apt-to-be-dangerous things, NOT handy "oh, I can shove an army in there, and they can cook, sharpen their blades, spar with each other, and wave their weapons around while doing warchants, until I need them to burst forth" carryalls.

So saith Ed. Who has used bags of holding in some interesting ways in the home Realms campaign over more than three decades of play...
love,
THO

Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  15:35:11  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
So is sitting inside a bag of holding looking at its other contents somewhat like sitting in a gloomy room looking at the shapes of furniture that's all covered in dustsheets?
BB
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  17:40:52  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Blueblade, I relayed your post about bags of holding, just above, to Ed, and here's his reply:

Precisely!

So saith Ed. Reminding everyone that this is how HE sees matters; an "official" rules ruling might be different. Or not.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  18:51:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by rjfras

quote:
Originally posted by MalariaMoon

Hi Ed and THO,

I've just been idly flipping through [i[Sea of Fallen Stars[/i], which briefly describes the whales living therein. It led me to wonder whether Ed had anything to tell us of the whales that inhabit Toril as a whole? Are there any particular kinds endemic to Toril? What do they sing about? Something of the relationships between them and the landlubbing races of the Realms (which nations hunt whales, and for what purpose)?

Do the Knights of Myth Drannor have any stories to tell on the subject?

Amongst all the other pressing requests for lore, I'm bound to say this is not a pressing question, but it is maybe an interesting one.

My thanks

Ed described 4 species of whales, back on July 23, 2006, including the Araun, Daerasluke, Karrask and Browntail. You can find it in the So Saith Ed (Jul - Sep 2006)
And Leviathan - some sort of Archfey (I think) that looks like an enormous Whale - is sacred to Chauntea/the Earthmother.

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Nov 2011 18:52:37
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  23:13:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I know from my own gameplay that a bag of holding is a handy place to store a body for later burial... but that a warning might be in order before pulling that body out in front of the late person's loved ones!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  23:58:41  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Thank you ED!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  01:32:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I know from my own gameplay that a bag of holding is a handy place to store a body for later burial... but that a warning might be in order before pulling that body out in front of the late person's loved ones!

Bah!

If worst comes to worst, you can always put the late person's loved ones in the same bag of holding.

Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  12:44:40  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message
A multi-part question to add to my (still rather small, I think) pile. This one is about dragons, those great beasts who serve as half of the "D&D" name and occasionally as the biggest obstacle to a player character's dreams of wealth and luxury to the end of their days.

Specifically, however, it concerns hybrid dragons, breedings of silver and gold, gold and bronze, red and white, blue and green, or any other metallic-metallic, chromatic-chromatic, or even metallic-chromatic configuration. First, is it possible? Does "dragon biology" allow that kind of pairing? I know dragons do have the moniker of "can (and often will) mate with anything with a pulse... and sometimes without a pulse, depending on the dragon...)" sometimes, but does that hold true in the Realms as well?

Presuming that it is indeed possible:

What sort of abilities could such a hybrid expect to have? Would they be bigger, stronger (or weaker and more sickly?) than either of their parents? Will other dragons go out of their way to destroy such a creature? Do they have all the abilities of both parents, or just one in particular, or neither?

(This one is more specific) What would a half-gold silver dragon (i.e. silver dragon dominant) or a half-silver gold dragon (i.e. gold dragon dominant) look like, respectively? How different from their parents would they be in terms of scale colour, general body structure (e.g. gold dragons have that long, fin-like wing setup and the beard-tendrils, while silver dragons have a crest and different head structure), and so on and so forth?

Lastly, if they are indeed possible and do exist within the Realms, are there any particularly well-known (or even famous/infamous) hybrid dragons? And could Ed give any information about their lairs, hunting grounds, possible plots they might have underway, enemies, and so on and so forth? Or less-known ones, if they prefer to keep quiet and work from the shadows.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  13:49:58  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Eldacar

A multi-part question to add to my (still rather small, I think) pile. This one is about dragons, those great beasts who serve as half of the "D&D" name and occasionally as the biggest obstacle to a player character's dreams of wealth and luxury to the end of their days.

Specifically, however, it concerns hybrid dragons, breedings of silver and gold, gold and bronze, red and white, blue and green, or any other metallic-metallic, chromatic-chromatic, or even metallic-chromatic configuration. First, is it possible? Does "dragon biology" allow that kind of pairing? I know dragons do have the moniker of "can (and often will) mate with anything with a pulse... and sometimes without a pulse, depending on the dragon...)" sometimes, but does that hold true in the Realms as well?

Presuming that it is indeed possible:

What sort of abilities could such a hybrid expect to have? Would they be bigger, stronger (or weaker and more sickly?) than either of their parents? Will other dragons go out of their way to destroy such a creature? Do they have all the abilities of both parents, or just one in particular, or neither?

(This one is more specific) What would a half-gold silver dragon (i.e. silver dragon dominant) or a half-silver gold dragon (i.e. gold dragon dominant) look like, respectively? How different from their parents would they be in terms of scale colour, general body structure (e.g. gold dragons have that long, fin-like wing setup and the beard-tendrils, while silver dragons have a crest and different head structure), and so on and so forth?

Lastly, if they are indeed possible and do exist within the Realms, are there any particularly well-known (or even famous/infamous) hybrid dragons? And could Ed give any information about their lairs, hunting grounds, possible plots they might have underway, enemies, and so on and so forth? Or less-known ones, if they prefer to keep quiet and work from the shadows.

You might want to check out Draconomicon from 2nd edition, it was a Forgotten Realms game accessory, unlike Draconomicon from 3.5 which was more a core book for the crossbreeding part.

Chapter 6 of Draconomicon 2.0 is called New Dragon Species and deals with crosses. For example a red crossed with a white will yield a pink and talks about what size they will be, what kind of breath weapon they would have, innate abilities and spellcasting and behavior.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  14:33:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Garnet, in Myth Drannor, wasn't a cross-breed, but had been magically modified while in the egg and was essentially a hybrid.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 06 Nov 2011 14:35:51
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  15:33:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Indeed. And there's some meanderings from Steven Schend on that issue with Garnet right here in his scroll at Candlekeep.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  19:20:07  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Hi, Ed!

I wonder, what exactly drove the Netherese to create flying enclaves? Was it just for the simple fact that they wanted to stand literally above all the other civilizations? Perhaps to slake their wanderlust, if they had one? Or did they think it the most convenient and fastest way of expanding their empire?

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  19:30:36  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

One more query; a quick one:

Is it possible for a veteran captain and crew with a good enough ship to circumnavigate Toril without any magical aid? If so, how long would it take them to complete it?

Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  23:11:58  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello All,

Follow up on Bag of Holding question, what would be the lifespan of a standard bag of holding before it begins to fray magically, more than physically? What activity increases the "fraying" of BoH, travel through various planes, water or air pressure, the bag being bombarded by variety of effects or elements, all things that in appearance don't appear to damage the actual leather bag or case or coffer or such but wreaks havoc with the magical properties.

I assume if someone loses memory they will be unable to retrieve specific known item from BoH, or are there types of bags that can be told to spill all known and unknown content within it, is this a standard creation fail-safe though is my question.

I assume over the ages, many such Boh/items has been lost or punctured, in your homebrew/test setting have any intelligent beings gleaned where stuff likely finds itself when such ruptures occur, is there a place in the planes where a huge mound of items is just sitting waiting to be found or has been found and is farmed?

What effect do Stasis and Entrapment type spells have on such BoH items especially if indeed a living being inside at time spell takes effect?

Thank You again.

Edited by - createvmind on 06 Nov 2011 23:13:53
Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  01:14:46  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Hello All,

I assume if someone loses memory they will be unable to retrieve specific known item from BoH, or are there types of bags that can be told to spill all known and unknown content within it, is this a standard creation fail-safe though is my question.

Thank You again.

per the dmg: If a bag of holding is turned inside out, its contents spill out, unharmed, but the bag must be put right before it can be used again.
Go to Top of Page

braunusvald
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  02:22:54  Show Profile  Visit braunusvald's Homepage Send braunusvald a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Garnet, in Myth Drannor, wasn't a cross-breed, but had been magically modified while in the egg and was essentially a hybrid.

If I remember correctly 2E spelljammer for Realms Space has a copper/red cross that hangs around the same area as Elminsters hide away... and thinks that Els' a honorable kind of guy

Could a Kercpa swing a Rod of lordly Might? All hail the mighty rodent!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  04:05:37  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Hi, Ed!

I feel this is NDA, but there's no harm in trying, right?

Can you reveal anything that would slake our curiosity about "The Master" that Ao serves? If that seems too broad a question, then I'd narrow it down to these things about the said entity:

-Who saw the need to "create" it?
-What are its explicit commands to Ao?
-Are their beings in Toril who have any idea about its existence?
-Do all or some deities in the various pantheons know of its existence?
-Is it as neutral as Ao appears to be?

[Waiting for a reply that would say anything other than the half-expected NDA.]

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 60 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000