Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2011)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 60

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  03:13:38  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message
The internet gremlins appear to have eaten my condolence message so i'll repost it. My deepest condolences to Ed and the rest of Mike's family and friends. Mike might be gone in flesh but he's with you all in spirit. Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  22:01:34  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
Oh ad my question Iwas asking if it could be answerex wasa out the early lifeof Kiaransalee and Threnody :)
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2011 :  02:35:10  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message
I'd be more interested in the life of Zinzerrena and who exactly created her. Does Ed know whose idea she was, and whether she's ever been in the Realms?

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2011 :  07:29:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Thank you for that answer, THO.

@Tradwitch - the Knights of Myth Drannor series go into why they are called that, in some detail (basically, the name they wanted was taken, so they went with something that sounded 'epic' instead).

I forget what name they wanted (something to do with their hometown in Cormyr), but I recall them having to think of a name rather quickly because they were 'gifted' their charter by Azoun himself, and the charter had to have a name for their company (and you DON'T keep Kings waiting).

Getting back to my 'deeper truths' pondering.....

New Question: I was looking through the 2e Player's Guide to the Forgotten Realms, and came across some interesting info regarding the most recent tearfall in the northeast (NOT the one caused by the Sojournor) - how much of that tale (the entire sourcebook is one big story) came directly from Ed's notes?

The info (more like 'a vision') about the Battle of Bones was particularly intriguing.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Mar 2011 07:35:49
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2011 :  12:32:51  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I forget what name they wanted (something to do with their hometown in Cormyr), but I recall them having to think of a name rather quickly because they were 'gifted' their charter by Azoun himself, and the charter had to have a name for their company (and you DON'T keep Kings waiting).

As I recall, they wanted to be the Swords of Espar. The name was already taken, so they were the "Swords of Eveningstar" instead. After at least one foray into the Haunted Halls and a host of associated adventures (which, reading them, are mostly out of the frying pan and into the fire, out of the fire and into the frying pan again, and then back into the fire for round two), they wound up receiving lordship of Shadowdale in the form of the Pendant of Ashaba and were re-christened the Knights of Myth Drannor (you have to be knights of a place, sometimes a legendary one, and as I recall a Zhentarim wraith-spirit-mage was possessing another at the time and came up with the name).

Which somewhat leads me to another question: has anybody ever successfully created a fake Pendant? I would have imagined that for a wizard of enough skill, it would be at least possible to accomplish. Or does the Pendant have certain markings and "style" to its enchantment that can't be duplicated (or at least are of surpassing difficulty to re-create) by "modern" wizards?

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2011 :  14:11:34  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Markustay, re. this: "I was looking through the 2e Player's Guide to the Forgotten Realms, and came across some interesting info regarding the most recent tearfall in the northeast (NOT the one caused by the Sojournor) - how much of that tale (the entire sourcebook is one big story) came directly from Ed's notes?"
The answer is: all of it.

(Giving everyone a hint of what a delight it is to have Ed as a DM. In his hands, the Realms are ALIVE around you.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2011 :  14:14:46  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
And hello again.
Jakuta Khan, Ed promises you some creation myths when he can get to them. He's busy all this week (funeral today, day job and evening library board meeting tomorrow, med appointments and then starring [if that's the right word] at a "meet the author night" at the Colborne Legion on Friday, then day job again on Saturday), and so can't delve into in-depth Realmslore right away. However, he'll keep answering what he can, throughout.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2011 :  14:23:19  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message
Dear THO,

absolutely understandable, and again i feel a bit guilty that he apologizes. - On the other side, this only shows greatness from his side.
shame on me ;)

Waiting more than patiently.

Best regards
Jakuta Khan
Go to Top of Page

Veraka
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2011 :  22:08:46  Show Profile  Visit Veraka's Homepage Send Veraka a Private Message
Hi all, aside from my previous question to Ed, wherever it went <looks around, failing to find wording jargon of FR lore and failing miserably> I had another question for Ed, or whoever might have knowledge of it. I'm looking into the Divine Crusader prestige class, and noted that those who are a Crusader are given spells that are under one of their deity's domains. How does the Divine Cursader gain spells and knowledge of spells.
Is it akin to that of a paladin, in which a spell, or spell slot is gained every other level or every sixth <whatever it is> or is it more like a sorceress/wizard or cleric, in which new slots are gained in near one level after another. Thanks a bunch and my greatest condolences for Ed and family.

In war, Justice; In peace, Hope; In death, Sacrifice
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2011 :  00:53:28  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message

THO: a question set for Ed when he has some time that is somewhat tied to my previous question on the happenings to shades of dead gods...

Did Ed have anything to do with the creation of the Celestial Stairway concept? What impact, if any, would the Spell Plague have on their functioning, and is there a map of where they are/were? Finally, once one ascends a Stairway, is there some kind of nexus to all of the other planes? Also, I recall in Shadowdale that Elminster was able to sit on one and only powerful mortals could see them. Clearly this means that ordinary people would walk right through them, but I could never find any statistics on how powerful one must be to interact with the stairways, either through site or physically climbing one. I have some players who are currently exploring Waterdeep, and want to pay a visit to "Midnight and Cyric's Rising" site to try and arrive at Bone Castle to plea with Kelemvor for the release of a dead PC, so any insight on the Stairways or how Ed would deal with this problem is most appreciated. (Congratulations on reaching 3,800 posts, Lady THO!)

Thankee, in advance!

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.

Edited by - Azuth on 24 Mar 2011 00:53:55
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2011 :  18:54:23  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Why thank you, kind god! Not that I'm counting, mind you . . .
Yes, Ed's ENDLESS STAIR D&D Known World (later Mystara) module did contain the concept that got developed into Celestial Stairways for the Avatar/Time of Troubles lore.
Ed will have to give you a proper answer, but as far as I can recall from many discussions over the years, each Celestial Stair is separate from all others, and leads to a specific destination (or not, if damaged), not to any sort of common nexus...though the destinations some stairs reach are usually connected to other planes, etc.
No, there's no map of them that mortals know of, and their very invisible-to-most nature makes them mysterious and little known (except in legend).
Here's the thing: they vary. In visibility/perception by "ordinary" mortals, in guardian creatures or magics or lack of same, in destination - - and (wildly) in how they were affected by the Spellplague. (Detailed information on THAT I strongly suspect will be left mainly to individual DMs to tinker for their own campaigns.)
However, Ed may well say diferently, or elaborate. When he can, of course...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  03:28:06  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message

My dear Lady, if you weren't already one of the Chosen of someone far more powerful than am I, trust me that you'd be one of my own. Of course, to follow the tenets of this scroll, I add an additional question to Ed to clarify a question derived from yet another scroll:

Is Dendar an official part of Ed's Realms, and as a vein on that, do deities and/or the shades of their worshippers dream? Dendar comments on not releasing Cyric's nightmares in Prince of Lies and it's not clear if she's referring to his mortal dreams, or diving ones. Also, what type of entity would encompass Dendar if she can hold the dreams of a god (assuming it to be so) but isn't a deity herself?

My many thanks to your tireless efforts.

My ensorcelled regards,

Lord of All Spells

Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  06:11:25  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

The Knights gave themselves their title, to signify their dedication to guarding Myth Drannor (from rapacious plunderers from Zhentil Keep, Sembia, Hillsfar, and even Red Wizards and Cult of the Dragon agents, not to mention various mercenary adventurer bands) until the elves returned.

That's a bit different from Swords of Eveningstar, where the Knights seem to pick their title at random (after Filfaeril suggested 'Shadowdale' but was told that wasn't possible as it wasn't Cormyrean land nor a place of legend).
I assume Ed skipped some stuff here and there.

Gomez
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  06:29:23  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
I seem to recall someone saying that if the books had tried to cover the full campaign they'd make The Wheel of Time look short.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  15:20:20  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
gomez, you assume correctly.
Kajehase, you are SO right.
In Ed's "home" Realms campaign, the Swords spent months exploring the Haunted Halls. dealing with Maglor and other undercover agents in Eveningstar, living and interacting with the folks of Eveningstar and its temple to Lathander, and fighting with Whisper (and eventually scouring out Whisper's Crypt). There were side-treks down into Waymoot, Dhedluk, and into the King's Forest, quite a bit of wandering around the Stonelands, and even some forays into Suzail, Arabel, and (later) Marsember.
And that's just a scant "highlights" summary of the adventuring activity. All of our characters had real lives with "part time day jobs," and became increasingly aware of the intrigues upon family feuds upon local skullduggery going on all around us, not just by dramatic incidents like Florin's rescue of King Azoun on the forest road, but by eavesdropping at revels and outside nobles' hunting lodges and listening to everyday gossip.
To players who often want to face monsters with their blades drawn, this might seem VERY slow-paced, but to us (we all love role-playing, the soap opera-ish trying to "read" the truth of what this or that NPC says or does, what their motives are in dealing with known adventurers [are they trying to manipulate us? if so, into doing what? why?], the negotiations of everyday business and of buying homes and managing our coins, keeping on the good side of local War Wizards and King's Lords, and so on) it was fascinating, the meat and drink of why we assembled to spend hours on end with Ed once a week.
The result was a palpable realism, in which even "lowly" NPCs MATTER, as friends or foes or just the local eccentrics, so what happens to them has a deep emotional impact on the players of PCs.
Yes, fiction concentrates on royalty and important events and powerful villains and heroes - - but in Ed's hands, as a DM operating over time (not in a four-hour charity event), the Realms is gripping at the mundane level, when not a PC has attained 3rd level yet. The Knights novels tell and set "published Realms canon," because they just couldn't tell "the real story" in the wordcount constraints of WotC novels.
I would LOVE to see a sequence of, say, 40 fat hardcover novels (the size of some of Jordan's mid-range Wheel of Time tomes) telling the Knights' exploits WITH all of the subplots and intrigues swirling around the characters (the sort Ed gives the tiniest hint of, with his Alusair scenes in the Knights trilogy). I know Ed could make it as compelling as the Wheel books, and the result would give all scribes here rich, deep Realmslore to mine.
Yet I know this is never going to happen. (For one thing, the nature of this sort of gaming-driven shared world doesn't allow it.)
Part of me mourns the decisions that prevented, from the outset, an ongoing sequence of novels by Ed being the "backbone" of the published Realms, with the novels by everyone else and the game sourcebooks all flowing from Ed's central tale. It would have been a splendid way to explore the Realms.
It still could be, though I think the time has passed and the published Realms has traveled too far down other roads.
But yes, gomez and Kajehase, as one who roleplayed through the same time period in the careers of the Knights as covered in Ed's trilogy, I can emphasize that the published trilogy is the "shallow highlights only, plus changes to make this connect-the-dots trail actually still reach all of the dots, after so much has been cut out" version of the "real" unfolding lives of the Knights and those interacting most closely with them.
Sigh.
For me, though, it makes the Knights trilogy "fun fiction" books, the Realms equivalent of "what some dolt in another world imagines our lives are like - - some dolt who 'gets' our characters perfectly and witnessed some scenes in our lives and reported them perfectly, that is."
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  18:16:32  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
Fantastic, Hooded Lady!

I can (barely) imagine, since I have a campaign running for (only) some 14 years and I'd have lots of work if I dared to try writing it all of their adventures in but one book.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  13:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message
I want to be Ed's apprentice.... His adventures seem great he should do a how to dm the ed way book I definately buy that book. Btw if he does want to lol I give him all rights for this idea.

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  23:44:40  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
The beginnings of that book surfaced as Ed's early Dragon articles, which used the Realms in examples. As I've said, I think the Old Grey Box goes hand in hand with those pieces and makes less sense without them. When the setting was published and took off, the world itself went front-and-centre in his articles, and ever since we got much Realmslore and much less advice on what to do with it. In retrospect I think this was non-ideal, not because lots of people didn't do worthwhile things with it on their own, but because it led to confusion and because Ed's way of DMing/worldbuilding -- hard to disentangle them, I think -- is valuable, somewhat non-obvious, and worth passing on in gathered depth.

Well, there's a publisher called Goodman Games . . .

Don'tcha think, Lady?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  02:36:48  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
A publisher who fell silent after their announcement of Ed's involvement, shed at least one game designer, and failed to show up at GenCon at all . . . ominous signs that suggest to me, at least, that the line of books they planned is dead or at least sleeping in stasis. Sigh.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  17:30:02  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
Lady THO:
What kind of Faeries did Ed have in his true Realms? Are there a lot more so that we may add types and races so we really wouldn't be going against the lore per se? Could he detail Faerie at all for us or is it NDA?
One more thing: There are beanighes in the Realms, yes? (beanighe is the gaelic spelling for banshee). They would have the fey origin or be fey wouldn't they?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  17:54:12  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
D&D Banshees are semi-incorporeal undead, somewhat similar to spirits, ghosts, and phantoms. They are almost always female, in past lore they were always elven (or perhaps even half-elven or fey) though more recent lore doesn't seem to define this requirement, ie: they apparently might now be of any race. There are a number of Banshee variants and subtypes, most of these are unique (such as Syluné Silverhand, now a type of ghost/spirit known as "Spectral Harpist"). In short: they used to be a sort of undead fey, but newer definitions have broadened to include non-fey.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  00:11:17  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Oh great writer of the Realms, I bring more
meat and drink for ye.

I was wondering if you have any notes on gemstones
and their affinity or lack thereof with psionics,
similar to what is posted in the VGtATM for gemstones
and magic?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  20:55:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
I'm really trying to work some difficult concepts out in my own setting, which I am hoping will be similar to Ed's own Realms magic-wise. I keep running into one major snafu, and I think Ed may have already solved it for his world.

Light.

I note he uses the word 'Radiant/Radiance' a LOT when describing certain types of inherent magic in things, and I think I have some of that worked-out, but then I run into the whole 'moon thing' (Selune/Hacate/etc being the 'keeper of mysteries', ie., Magick). Every time I keep thinking its all inter-related, I realize moonlight is only available at night, when magic is strongest, yet clerical magic (most of which is Radiant in nature) is based upon solar light, or 'daytime'. The assumption could be made (in Judaeo-Christian kind of way) that 'day' (light, warmth, etc) signifies divine Energy, and that Night (darkness, cold, etc) signifies 'Black Magic' - that sort not deriving from 'god'(s).

But the Moon shines through the darkness and breaks-up the night. It is neither radiant nor dark - it is in a twilight state. Is this why he has Mystra/Shar/Selune ? Is there really three different energies involved? Or is the moonlight just a diffused version of Radiant light? (as it is in the RW)

Is there anything about this he would like to share? Am I getting near the 'deeper truths' of the subtle difference between 'Blue Fire' and 'Silver Fire'? (Or worse, near the dreaded NDA-monster!)

quote:
Originally posted by tradwitch1313

Lady THO:
What kind of Faeries did Ed have in his true Realms? Are there a lot more so that we may add types and races so we really wouldn't be going against the lore per se? Could he detail Faerie at all for us or is it NDA?
I asked an almost identical question not all that long ago (although it may have been at the tail-end of last year).

When asking these sorts of questions, it is sometimes best to couch them in terms of "How did these things work in YOUR Home-Realms game, Ed?"

That way, so long as he hasn't sent that specific information off to TSR/WotC already at some time in the past, it also isn't hampered by NDAs.

Which is why I asked him if his original Realms had any unique types of Fey.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  00:15:45  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm really trying to work some difficult concepts out in my own setting, which I am hoping will be similar to Ed's own Realms magic-wise. I keep running into one major snafu, and I think Ed may have already solved it for his world.

Light.

I note he uses the word 'Radiant/Radiance' a LOT when describing certain types of inherent magic in things, and I think I have some of that worked-out, but then I run into the whole 'moon thing' (Selune/Hacate/etc being the 'keeper of mysteries', ie., Magick). Every time I keep thinking its all inter-related, I realize moonlight is only available at night, when magic is strongest, yet clerical magic (most of which is Radiant in nature) is based upon solar light, or 'daytime'. The assumption could be made (in Judaeo-Christian kind of way) that 'day' (light, warmth, etc) signifies divine Energy, and that Night (darkness, cold, etc) signifies 'Black Magic' - that sort not deriving from 'god'(s).

But the Moon shines through the darkness and breaks-up the night. It is neither radiant nor dark - it is in a twilight state. Is this why he has Mystra/Shar/Selune ? Is there really three different energies involved? Or is the moonlight just a diffused version of Radiant light? (as it is in the RW)

Is there anything about this he would like to share? Am I getting near the 'deeper truths' of the subtle difference between 'Blue Fire' and 'Silver Fire'? (Or worse, near the dreaded NDA-monster!)

quote:
Originally posted by tradwitch1313

Lady THO:
I asked an almost identical question not all that long ago (although it may have been at the tail-end of last year).

When asking these sorts of questions, it is sometimes best to couch them in terms of "How did these things work in YOUR Home-Realms game, Ed?"

That way, so long as he hasn't sent that specific information off to TSR/WotC already at some time in the past, it also isn't hampered by NDAs.

Which is why I asked him if his original Realms had any unique types of Fey.

I'll be rude and just tack onto this question with the following: do Selûne's tears have any impact on magic or lyncanthropy, or are they just a really cool idea and nothing more?

Lord of All Spells

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  04:34:36  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all.
Azuth, the Tears of Selune have a variety of strong effects on magic (and affect lycanthropy, too), but some are NDA'd, some are awaiting novel publication and presumably NDA'd, and the rest are for Ed to reveal.
And yes, the Tears are Ed's creation, AND a cool idea.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  04:42:32  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi, all.
Azuth, the Tears of Selune have a variety of strong effects on magic (and affect lycanthropy, too), but some are NDA'd, some are awaiting novel publication and presumably NDA'd, and the rest are for Ed to reveal.
And yes, the Tears are Ed's creation, AND a cool idea.
love,
THO

Fair lady, could you ask Ed the price I must pay to make you one of my own Chosen? As always, your responses leave me yearning for more work of our great Ed to be published and released. My thanks for thy contributions to Art.

Lord of All Spells

Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  17:23:46  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message
I have a couple of (perhaps bizarre) questions for Lady THO and Ed: in the Realms, are there herbal or magical means of slowing/controlling menses?

Also, are there any herbal or magical means of preventing pregnancy?

Seems like something that talented female wizards might come up with, just for practicality, so I'm imagining that there are. But would these be expensive? Poorer folk might have to rely on herbal preparations, unless the magical means are widely known and inexpensive.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  17:55:00  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
There are, because this topic has been discussed before here in this thread (in earlier years). I'm travelling right now and using a crappy public library terminal to access the Keep, but perhaps Sage or others with strong search-fu can retrieve the years and pages of the relevant menses/herbals/spells Ed replies.
BB
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  18:16:00  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message

This link? There are three years of "Ed" questions that cover birth control somewhere on the scroll, but I don't have time now to search through 200 pages to find the specific posts.

Lord of All Spells

Edited by - Azuth on 30 Mar 2011 18:22:10
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  19:23:47  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
I have some quick and easy questions (or more correctly, the need for some quick and easy answers) about Realmspace. I've scanned my Realms and spelljammer lore to no avail.

• Our sun's official name is "Sol" (a word with mythological roots and an ancient and complex etymology). Is there a similar astronomical name for the sun of the Realms? I'm thinking erudites wouldn't simply call it "the sun", nor use some clumsy term like "Lathander's Chariot", "Ra's Orb", etc.

• About Abeir ... does it have a moon like Selûne, does it have Tears in the sky as well?

• More about little known Abeir ... do portals and gates which have been transposed from Toril to Abeir still function?

• [/Ayrik]
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 60 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Previous Page | Next Page
     New Topic  Topic Locked
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000