Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2011)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 60

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  09:42:54  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message
Heartfelt condolences, sir; know that you have a horde of friends unmet who, in a small way, grieve with you.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  11:03:15  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
Deepest sympathy to Ed and family.
Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  15:48:04  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
My condolences, as well.
Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  04:47:25  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message
My condolences as well. Real life tribulations like these take precedence over any of our silly questions, of course, but I will add mine to the pile for Ed to address when he can.

1) Are there any published reference to Netheril (eg; Dragon articles) that predate the 1st edition Campaign Set? 2) Floating cities aren't mentioned in the early references; when and how was that concept added?

Thanks Ed.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  04:59:12  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
My sympathies also go for Ed and his family, Hooded Lady. They'll be in my prayers.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  16:10:38  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
If it is possible for me to ask: What stance did House Durothil take during the Crown Wars?
Again, my deepest sympathies for Ed and his family.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  16:25:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. I bring you words from Ed:

For those who knew Mike and are in the Toronto (Ontario, Canada) area, there's a memorial service for Mike this Wednesday 7pm at the second church south of Bloor, on the NW side of Windermere Avenue at its intersection with Mayfield Avenue (the one that doesn't look like a conventional church). Then back to Mike's house afterwards to raise a glass in his memory with Susan and everyone else who knew him and shows up.
THANK YOU to everyone who has sent or posted their condolences; it means a lot to feel your love.

Markustay, there's no need to let the thread fall silent. I'll be out of contact Wednesday (and THO probably will, too), but otherwise "on the job." Mike was all about good times and being there for friends and enjoying sf and fantasy together; the most fitting thing I can do in his memory is to throw myself right back into my work and "be there" for all of you.

Apropos of that, grabbing the most recent questions from the top of the pile, my replies to CylverSaber are as follows:

1. I don't THINK so. I mentioned Netheril in several of my DRAGON articles, but those mentions usually got edited out because it was considered too long a digression (from whatever the matter at hand I was writing about) to stop and explain what "lost Netheril" was. However, if any pre-Old Gray Box references survived, they're probably in a PAGES FROM THE MAGES instalment.
Netheril is my creation, and was "in the Realms" before TSR published one word about the Realms (and for that matter, before the D&D game existed). So it was "always there," one of my ways of explaining the origins of "fantastic magic you come across that's bafflingly unfamiliar to most PC and NPC wizards you know or meet," and reinforcing the idea that humans aren't rising from savagery to greatness in a smooth, unbroken line that you are HERE on, but rather have had previous 'golden ages' that are the origins of some of these ruins, dungeons, and magic you're adventuring to try to find."
In other words, Netheril was part of the setting from well before anyone but me (and a few friends I discussed bits and pieces of the Realms with) knew about it.
2. So were its floating cities. They weren't an "added" concept; they preceded my coming up with the name Netheril. The notion of floating cities of all-powerful archwizards (whose magic altered the environment of those cities), with an underclass on the ground below doing food-producing gruntwork, was something I "thought up" around 1971, with the name Netheril and the idea of the diaspora (to Halruaa and other places, using skyships and the flying cities themselves) and some "crashed" cities in place by 1972 (D&D comes along in 1974, with most people outside of a few college campuses and Gary and Dave's friends not seeing it until 1975).
Divers references to Netheril are around in the published canon before slade's Netheril boxed set, though, because I recall Julia Martin (Realms continuity guru at the time) warning me to stop "explaining magic away by citing Netheril" in my work because it was finally time to give it proper coverage in the published canon - - and I then rushed to cobble together all of my notes on it to assist in the design process (most, as I recall, ended up not being used).
I hope this is of help.

So saith Ed. Who is hard at work on a game adventure as I post this.
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 21 Mar 2011 18:34:35
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  17:22:57  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Since I made a big deal a short time ago about 'giving credit where credit is due', I have to let it be known that it was Azuth who suggested 'quiet time' (and I thought that was a very respectful idea, BTW).

Give Ed our love.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Mar 2011 17:23:28
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  17:28:31  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message
I had thought a moment of silence was appropriate as well, but I will send out my most sincere sympathies and deepest regards.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  20:15:59  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Since I made a big deal a short time ago about 'giving credit where credit is due', I have to let it be known that it was Azuth who suggested 'quiet time' (and I thought that was a very respectful idea, BTW).

Give Ed our love.

Am I on your ignore list?

Any chance that bardic magic can " make a comeback" in 4e ( or anytime soon)?

I am re-reading Elaines tales with Danilo, and had forgotten just how much I enjoy a good Bard's Tale (what a great intro to computer gaming that was for me on that ole commodore 64)

I love the way Elaine handles bards, but would be eager indeed to see it handled by the bearded giver of great hugs.

I think it is also something that our young friend Erik could really handle as well(I think I will pose him the same question as well!)

I think the realms could be missing out on some great stories.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 20 Mar 2011 21:30:54
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  21:48:33  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message
Aye, I'd enjoy a good bardic tale, as well!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  00:19:24  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Well, Storm (a bard, remember?) is in Ed's most recent four novels, but yes, I'd love to see bards more prominent in an Ed-penned book.
Of course, Ed's next one is finished by now and the one after that probably well under way. So suggestions we make now may not bear fruit until the August after next, or even later...
BB
Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  03:52:24  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message
quote:
The notion of floating cities of all-powerful archwizards (whose magic altered the environment of those cities), with an underclass on the ground below doing food-producing gruntwork, was something I "thought up" around 1971, with the name Netheril and the idea of the diaspora (to Halruaa and other places, using skyships and the flying cities themselves) and some "crashed" cities in place by 1972 (D&D comes along in 1974, with most people outside of a few college campuses and Gary and Dave's friends not seeing it until 1975).
Divers references to Netheril are around in the published canon before slade's Netheril boxed set, though, because I recall Julia Martin (Realms continuity guru at the time) warning me to stop "explaining magic away by citing Netheril" in my work because it was finally time to give it proper coverage in the published canon

Thanks Ed! That is not only helpful but very interesting. I noticed that in 1991's Anauroch accessory, the gradual demise of Netheril at the hands of the phaerimm's lifedrain spells is detailed, but no hint is given that Netheril was anything other than a land-based empire; was this because the story of Karsus was considered too much to get into at that point? The floating cities seems like such an essential part of Netheril's flavor that it's amazing to me they apparently don't get mentioned till 1996's Netheril: Empire of Magic, nearly 10 years after the Realms became an established campaign world.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  04:04:48  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

Well, Storm (a bard, remember?) is in Ed's most recent four novels, but yes, I'd love to see bards more prominent in an Ed-penned book.
Of course, Ed's next one is finished by now and the one after that probably well under way. So suggestions we make now may not bear fruit until the August after next, or even later...
BB

I can't forget Storm.

But to me,in the novels, she's a fighter who's a chosen, who's a pretty decent wizard, who sings when shes relaxing or chopping wood. I'm think of a more straight forward bard type, singing while they fight all that jazz.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  10:56:18  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Although I am highly interested in the answer, I am only asking this question at this time because I felt obligated to respond to Red walker's post, but also feel obligated to respect the wishes of the moderators and try to keep the scroll clutter-free. So, with all do respect (and giving Ed all the time in the world that he needs for himself), here is my query:

How much of the 2e FR-MC is 'Ed'? I was going through the entries yesterday, and I note that many of those creatures never made it into later editions (in other words, 3e sources). Some of them are pretty darn cool, and have a definite 'Edwardian' feel.

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Give Ed our love.

Am I on your ignore list?
Ack! My apologies.

I knew I didn't make the (excellent) suggestion, and I only scrolled-back until I found a post that did. I guess I should have gone back one more.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Mar 2011 11:11:02
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  11:45:23  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message
Hello again!

As the whole topic on goblinoids seems to take more and more of my brain, lots of new questions pour up while going through the realms.

Here I have for today two questions:

1. Is it possible to have any information on the creation / origins of the Goblinoid Races, mainly Goblin, Hobgoblin and Bugbear in the forgotten realms?

2. The hobgoblins of the Giantspire Mountains are a good example of what happens when they act too openly. Now, what is keeping my mind busy, the hobgoblin Kingdom in these mountains is / was said to be led by a succubus, who onfluences their king.
In 1095-97 the attacks of hobgoblin hordes of this kingdom led to the foundation of todays impiltur.
Now, is this Kingdom still in existance or was it eradicated by the humans, and if it still exists, how ( just briefly) is it to be considered a danger for the surrounding lands?
And is the succubus still in charge, or are the hobgoblins now ruling themselves, and this eventually the reason for their more "silent" behaviour?

Thank you in advance for answering - NO matter when it willbe, this time I am going to be patient - promised :)

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  14:51:12  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
CylverSaber, Ed's latest e-mail contains this reply to you:

Although my Netheril notes contained mentions of the archwizards angering the gods by repudiating them (gods are for superstitious weaklings; WE have the power to BE gods, and so will have no gods!), the Karsus story was not my invention.
It's my opinion that Netheril wasn't detailed earlier purely because of the design approach of the time, which was to delve into history only as it was necessary to explain ruins or dungeons or lost/buried magic or whatever "at hand." An unspecified "lost Netheril" remains mysterious and romantic - - and a catch-all that a DM can use to explain the presence of anything from laser rifles and floating robots to genetically-engineered living dragons and dinosaurs (as long as Netheril itself remains vague).
And Netheril always WAS a land-based empire: the "Low Netherese" went right on farming and hunting in the forests beneath the soaring towers and later floating castles and cities of the archwizards, just as they'd always done. Being exploited/enslaved by the powerful mages, just as had always happened. The land base became less important once those floating cities became mobile, but it was always there - - and because almost all of the archwizards had neither the interest nor the developed magic to grow lots of their own food, always necessary.

So saith Ed. The First Lord of Realmslore.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  14:59:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Jakuta Khan, your most recent questions have gone off to Ed, and he'll get to them. Promise.
As for the first one: "Is it possible to have any information on the creation / origins of the Goblinoid Races, mainly Goblin, Hobgoblin and Bugbear in the forgotten realms?"
I can tell you right now that although the answer is "yes," the slightly longer answer is going to be something along the lines of:
The origins of the goblinkin and other humanoid races are always going to be "shadowy, too much truth being lost in the mists of passing time." Like a lot of the early doings and rises of gods, information is scanty and suspect, with no trustworthy sources, and a lot of conjecture and wholly fictional shaman and priest tales commenting on the matter.
(In other words, we're never going to be certain about such things, because proper, widely-accepted records were never made, even the gods tell lies, and just too much time has passed. It's like asking for the precise location where the first horsetail fern gew, in our real world; there's no one alive today who was there to see, back then, and thousands (perhaps millions) of years have passed.
I know this is going to be the general tenor of Ed's answer because I'm drawing on several discussions with him, some overheard talks between Ed and TSR designers back in the day, and Ed's notes (that "shadowy" quote up there is Ed writing, from those notes).
However, it's almost always worthwhile asking such questions, and seeing what Ed can and will say; it usually adds something interesting to collective Realmslore.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  15:13:33  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
And hello again!
tradwitch1313, re. this from your recent questions: "Where did Ed (if he did) get his ideas for Sun and Moon Elves . . ."
Ed of course will have to furnish proper answers for you, but I can confirm that Sun (also known as "Gold") and Moon (also known as "Silver") elves were in Ed's Realms before the D&D game came along.
In Ed's original conception, gold elves were powerful, aloof, shunned the company of humans (and other races), were wealthy and magically powerful, used fortifications, and worked against human expansion. Moon elves lived more simply ("closer to the land"), tended to travel more, and had lots more to do with other races on a daily basis. Moon elves tended to be more independent, openly merry (or otherwise emotional), and whimsical. They loved trees and admired adventurers, and so inevitably had more contact with non-elves. They were also less "clannish" (and a lot less proud) than gold elves. A stereotypical gold elf believed in the superiority of his race over others; a stereotypical silver elf thought the very notion of inherent superiority was silly.
Inevitably, in an average D&D game, PCs would be more likely to come into contact with moon/silver elves.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  15:22:49  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message
Hi THO,

thank you for this !!

Ok maybe I formulated it wrong, I am interested in either the creation myths of the goblinoids themselves, and / or, when the other races have the first records about the goblinoid races appearing.

creation is always mythical, I know, but when i hear that othea, after signing peace with the dragons, recognized goblinoid races as upcoming already, it might be interesting to get more information about this :)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  19:05:16  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Markustay, I'm away from my old MC binders right now, and relying on my own notes (not checking with Ed), but as near as I can determine, here are the Ed-created (or adapted to the D&D game from real-world myth, legend, and heraldry) monsters in the two Realms MC appendices (there are other Ed monsters scattered through the other MCs, too):
[all of the MC entries are TSR staff rewrites of Ed's originals]
MC3:

Ascallion
Asperii
Beholder-kin (Gauth)
Belabra (Tangler)
Bhaergala
Bichir (Lungfish, Giant)
Burbur
Claw, Crawling
Darkenbeast (TSR staffer’s writeup of Ed’s “Dark Horrors,” which were in the original MS of SPELLFIRE)
Dracolich
Firestar
Maedar
Rhaumbusun (Ed rewrite of a monster created by one of his players, Victor Selby)
Sull
Thylacine
Vurgens
Web, Living

MC11:

Alguduir
Bat, Deep (Azmyth, Night Hunter, Sinister, Werebat)
Beguiler
Cantobele
Dragon, Deep
Firetail
Gaund
Hamadryad
Naga, Dark
Orpsu

. . . and I THINK that's it. I may have missed some, and will check with Ed for you when I can.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Saer Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

124 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  19:21:11  Show Profile Send Saer Cormaeril a Private Message
Hi, THO and Ed!

Two Realmslore queries for you:

What is the low-end of the age range for Cormyrean noblewomen to marry? Also, I understand that a character by the name of 'Brace Cormaeril' has appeared in a published Realms source. Which source, and could you tell us more about him?

Brace Cormaeril
Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  19:57:37  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.
CylverSaber, Ed's latest e-mail contains this reply to you:

Although my Netheril notes contained mentions of the archwizards angering the gods by repudiating them (gods are for superstitious weaklings; WE have the power to BE gods, and so will have no gods!), the Karsus story was not my invention.

Ah, I had no idea! So was your original conception of the "Fall of Netheril" simply a gradual decay at the hands of the phaerimm and their own arrogance, rather than an apocalyptic event as we saw with Karsus' Folly?
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  00:14:16  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
A few questions I pose:
What can Ed tell us about Kiaransalee's early life on Threnody? And what was Threnody like?

Who was the ruling family in Myth Drannor?

Why are the Knights of Myth Drannor called that even though they are from Cormyr?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  01:03:58  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Saer Cormaeril, I'll leave answers about specific members of the Cormaeril family who appear in canon (like Beliard, Brace, et al) to Ed, but re. this one: "What is the low-end of the age range for Cormyrean noblewomen to marry?" I can provide an answer:
The low end would be 2 days old, the marriage obviously being arranged by noble parents. There are many instances of marriage in infancy and childhood, but I THINK the youngest female noble to marry of her own will (against the wishes of her sole surviving parent) was thirteen. Again, we'll have to check with Ed to be sure.
(BTW, both this topic and Brace have been discussed before, in earlier years of this thread.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  01:07:36  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
CylverSaber, Ed's original concept of Netheril had a decline into decadence and loss of any sense of nationhood (each archwizard considering himself supreme, not beholden to his fellows, and viewing the Low Netherese as not citizens at all), but violent strife of some sort (possibly a war among archwizards, rather than the all-too-frequent feuds between just two archwizards) occurring. Otherwise, there'd have been no diaspora, but Ed's invented history postulated SOME sort of conflict to end up with scattered Netherese and crashed sky-cities.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  01:14:43  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message
quote:

CylverSaber, Ed's original concept of Netheril had a decline into decadence and loss of any sense of nationhood (each archwizard considering himself supreme, not beholden to his fellows, and viewing the Low Netherese as not citizens at all), but violent strife of some sort (possibly a war among archwizards, rather than the all-too-frequent feuds between just two archwizards) occurring. Otherwise, there'd have been no diaspora, but Ed's invented history postulated SOME sort of conflict to end up with scattered Netherese and crashed sky-cities.
love,
THO

Very interesting. I would love to see a novel from Ed covering this period eventually.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  01:16:42  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
tradwitch1313, re. these questions: "Who was the ruling family in Myth Drannor?" and "Why are the Knights of Myth Drannor called that even though they are from Cormyr?"
. . . I must answer your first question with a question of my own: When, exactly, in Myth Drannor's history? (And are you familiar with that history, as laid out in detail by Steven Schend in canon 2e Realms products?)
As for your second question: the Knights moved to Shadowdale from Cormyr (see Ed's Knights trilogy for why). After they tired of ruling there (as opposed to being adventurers), they gave the lordship of the dale their junior member Mourngrym and dedicated themselves to preventing "the wrong sort of folk" (demons and devils) from overrunning Myth Drannor (by closing gates therein), and then preventing "the wrong sort of folk" plundering the ruins in the "gold rush to gain elven magic and wealth" that followed. All of this is outlined or illustrated in published Realms products (see Ed's novel Spellfire for a glimpse of how dangerous the ruins were, or his boxed set the Ruins of Myth Drannor for what it was like to go adventuring there; some earlier adventures mention the closing of the gates [which I roleplayed through, with Ed as DM, and so had a part in "building history"]. The Knights gave themselves their title, to signify their dedication to guarding Myth Drannor (from rapacious plunderers from Zhentil Keep, Sembia, Hillsfar, and even Red Wizards and Cult of the Dragon agents, not to mention various mercenary adventurer bands) until the elves returned.
That's the short version, anyway.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  02:17:11  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.
Eldacar, the Lord subplot hasn't advanced much (beyond Knights eliminating seven Lords as suspects; we eliminated one of them "for good" before realizing that the REAL villain was framing his rivals in hopes we'd do just that), so Ed won't say another word about it. Yet.

Oh well, I'll wait then.

In the meantime, I was reading through my copies of Dragon again, and in #343 I found the (I think, anyway) interesting Tome Dragons, supposedly the premier spellcasters among dragonkind. I don't recall seeing any information on them spring up in any sourcebooks, and I'm fairly sure they were just created for Dragon Magazine. However, would Ed be able to say anything about whether they exist in the Realms or were placed in it following their creation, and if they do/were, some of the more notable names among them (and their lairs)?

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  02:51:53  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
Thank you THO!!!
For my Myth Drannor royalty question, I guess all of them. I assumed one family ruled, did the Durothils ever rule?possible for Ed to answer it? Or are there NDAs covering her amd Threnody? Or should I ask someone who could answer it better?
For my Kiaransalee question, is it
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 60 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000