Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dragons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2003 :  14:34:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cult_Leader said -
quote:
Bahamut, the Platinum Dragon, is King of Good Dragons. Lawful good and dwelling somewhere in the first heaven...
That would be Mount Celestia.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jaysen Darclyght
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2003 :  16:28:22  Show Profile  Visit Jaysen Darclyght's Homepage Send Jaysen Darclyght a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't Bahumut live on one of the upper levels of Celestia?

Sage of Perth, perhaps could the god Uatau have some ulterior motive to allow the rise of evil and undeath in Amasaria, or perhaps is there some lofty purpose that we lowly mortals cannot comprehend?

Have the 'good guys' captured any of the technology from the undead? If they did, they might be able to reverse engineer it and thus fufill their needs in the war and Uatau's obligation.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2003 :  07:47:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bahamut lives on the second level of Mount Celestia, Mercuria. It is also the location of his home...Bahamut's Palace, said to be constructed entirely from his own treasure hoard.

Actually Uatau does have an ulterior motive, but allowing the rise of evil and undeath in Amasaria is not it. I cannot give too much away because two members of my gaming group are regular visitors to Candlekeep. What I will say is, that part of the reason for Uatau's silence has more to do with the continued survival of the entire world, than just one continent.

I'm a big fan of reverse engineering, afterall much of the Classic Battletech game is built on what you can salvage or reverse engineer from Clantech.

However there is a reason why the Successor States have yet to get their hands on any technology, and again it involves Uatau...frustating eh?...

Go to Top of Page

Jaysen Darclyght
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  19:21:02  Show Profile  Visit Jaysen Darclyght's Homepage Send Jaysen Darclyght a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you actually know what Uatau's motives are, or are they still on the drawing board?
Either way, you are one ingenious and devilish DM.

Do the Successor States win battles against the technozombies? If they did, and some of the zombies were found intact, and they don't get their hands on the technology, then wow, I'm signing on the undead side for now. Gotta love being LN with the ability to rationalize anything in DnD.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  19:25:54  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uatua, Successor States... Now where was this again in the Forgotten Realms?
Go to Top of Page

shadow258300
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2003 :  00:21:17  Show Profile  Visit shadow258300's Homepage Send shadow258300 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are a lot of new dragon names int he Dracrinomicon. I know that i didn't spell it right but bear with me...

the book is really cool because it actualy has some draconic in it. Names could be made from them. There are also new dragon races in it.

When God created man he gave out two gifts. Some he gave intelligence. To the rest, he gave sheer DUMB luck.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2003 :  07:51:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Draconomicon...

Mumadar Ibn Huzal said -
quote:
Uatua, Successor States... Now where was this again in the Forgotten Realms?
Yes, I apologise for the slight "off-topicism" that has plagued this scroll of late. I'll try to keep all further off topic discussion to the ethereal mail system.

...except this last bit...

Jaysen Darclyght said -
quote:
Do you actually know what Uatau's motives are, or are they still on the drawing board?
Actually yes, Uatau's motives are clearly defined, but it is necessary (at least for the moment) for story cohesion to keep the players 'in the dark', so to speak.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2003 :  13:06:23  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DOH! I want enough treasure to make a home.....

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000