Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elminster Must Die---Hit or Miss? [Spoilers]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  22:04:03  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regarding information being true or not, to add to that that some things are more accurate than others and that there are also a plethora of parralel worlds that are similar but differ in their own respective ways, to varying degrees, some in which Mystra was never killed, others where there was no ToT, even some where there was a completely different deity of magic...basically different people's campaigns

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  17:11:48  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Therise

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Hmm, I like Therise's notion. True, not all dead magic zones are from the Shadow Weave, but here's the thing- all of them have resulted from some form of damage to the Weave itself. If the Shadow Weave was indeed designed to destroy it, it could well be that some of those zones came from it. Also, do remember that Shar is a goddess of destruction and entropy. It's certainly within her portfolio to try to use some sort of "disease" to destroy the Weave and thus, Mystra herself. Therise may be closer to the mark than we think.

I strongly suspect that when we first heard about the shadow weave wasn't when it was first created. If its original purpose was just to destroy the Weave (all magic)...

Ed once mentioned that the Shadow Weave is just a shadow/reflection of the Weave...I don't think it can/would destroy the Weave, otherswise it would also destroy itself.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  17:17:40  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

She has indeed, on at least one occasion. She left it in El himself during the ToT. I don't see any reason she could/would not do so again.

Maybe Rune will be Mystra 3.0

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000