Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Dreaming of Waterdeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  23:00:17  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Rosemary wrote a great short story for Realms fans!
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfic/20101122

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  23:42:10  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  23:57:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh! Lunch-time reading material.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  01:53:47  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But, but ... where's the insane evil antagonist in this story?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  16:50:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay Rosemary!

Methinks this is another case of a story she wrote long ago, which has managed to sneak up and surprise us when we least expected it.

quote:
Originally posted by Arik

But, but ... where's the insane evil antagonist in this story?
Heh. I've never known Rosemary to use that particular trope.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  18:48:56  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a wonderful little read!
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary Jones
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2010 :  05:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Rosemary Jones's Homepage Send Rosemary Jones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi: it not only surprised Erik, it surprised me too! It got lost in somebody's computer somewhere on the way to being published....having seen Tron, I'm now visualizing this particular short as riding light cycles and battling its way to publication.

Glad everyone liked it. While I have no new Realms fiction on the horizon, there's some other projects coming in 2011 that are exciting for me.

Rosemary Jones
www.rosemaryjones.com
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2010 :  09:06:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh man, that was just really, REALLY good.

Thank You - precisely the type of 'small tale' I enjoy. It practically drips 'Realms'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2010 :  13:04:17  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yea, I read this article! A very well written story I highly enjoyed. Thanks Rosemary . This story had made me want to do a stat write-up for a Leucrotta for 4E, lol.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2011 :  01:49:43  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the little story Rosemary (and thanks Matt for posting the link!)!
I like those little tales that make you want to pull out the dice! And I like this kinda 1st level PC feeling!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000