Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep - server problems
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2013 :  04:36:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

So how does all this relate to this website? Because the site has been running slow as heck for me, and I'm not sure if its the site itself, or my computer is misbehaving, so I was hoping for some feedback from others.

I've experienced some slowness of late, but its been intermittent and mostly normal.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2130 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  19:27:13  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it the time of year for the loosing of the gremlins? I was trying to send a PM to THO and keep getting an not loading error upon clicking "SEND." In addition, when I tried to view my PM box I got the same error. And finally, when trying to load this specific forum to post about it, same error.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4305 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2013 :  00:19:45  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql8.streamline.net' (10060)
/inc_header.asp, line 134

Provider error '80004005'
Unspecified error
/inc_header.asp, line 134

Down time was about an hour or so. Nice to see it back.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2013 :  00:23:32  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<knocks on wood>
No loading issues for me recently.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2013 :  03:10:47  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Is it the time of year for the loosing of the gremlins? I was trying to send a PM to THO and keep getting an not loading error upon clicking "SEND." In addition, when I tried to view my PM box I got the same error. And finally, when trying to load this specific forum to post about it, same error.

Are you still having this problem occur, Hawkins?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2013 :  16:23:52  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The site is really slow today. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2013 :  19:40:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

The site is really slow today. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Not at the moment. It's been more responsive today than on some recent days.

Go to Top of Page

Ze
Learned Scribe

Italy
146 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2013 :  07:35:37  Show Profile Send Ze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i've been having *lots* of time out issues in the last couple of days.

hardly ever had them previously, and my internet connection is fine.

Was it just me?
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

530 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2013 :  13:22:35  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ze

i've been having *lots* of time out issues in the last couple of days.

hardly ever had them previously, and my internet connection is fine.

Was it just me?

Same.

Since yesterday i'm having a lot of this:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/topic.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2013 :  18:21:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been really bad the last couple of days... I've had times I've had to refresh a page a dozen times to get the thread to fully load.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4923 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  00:06:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems fixed now. Well done Alaundo.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  00:51:48  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This seems to be a regional issue, not just one bit, are the servers along the west coast usa?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  03:37:52  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strangely enough, I was actually "feeding" some old virtual gremlins last night. But it was on an old laptop with no internet access.

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2130 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  17:59:51  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I thought it had gone away. But then a couple of days after I had thought I had successfully sent it I checked and it was not in my outbox. Unfortunately, I have forgotten what I was trying to ask.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  03:25:24  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I thought it had gone away. But then a couple of days after I had thought I had successfully sent it I checked and it was not in my outbox. Unfortunately, I have forgotten what I was trying to ask.

Fair enough. I'll keep an eye on this, regardless, just to be sure.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5584 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  20:36:09  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, there were some issues on the server over the past few days. Apologies for the outtage ::gives archaic server a firm kick::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4305 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  21:10:59  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Begs for some kind soul to offer free hosting on far better server.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5584 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  21:38:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Well met

Aye, ironically the Candlekeep server cost isn't cheap and disappointing that the stability is quite poor and inadequate The host obviously don't expect so many active scribes working on Realmslore at any one time

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

angerZen
Seeker

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2013 :  22:53:25  Show Profile Send angerZen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Actually, I might be of service in that area (as well as others). I have solid hosting that I was actually thinking of getting rid of, since I barely use it. I might be persuaded to host Candlekeep. I'd just need to see some storage and bandwidth numbers. I'd, of course, give access to the server, database, and anything else for those that needed it.

I'd also offer my services to maybe make the changeover to a different forum software, and perhaps an actual CMS system if you guys were so inclined.

Feel free to PM me. I'd be more than happy to help if I can.

PS - If it did not come across in my post. This would be at no cost to anyone. I already pay for the hosting, I might as well put it to use.

-Travis

Edited by - angerZen on 22 Aug 2013 19:07:54
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4305 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2013 :  19:25:53  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a generous offer, I do hope Big Al and you can work out something.
I do have a minor project that could used improved hosting. As it is not candlekeep related I will send a PM and see if you are interested in helping or hosting.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5584 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  18:11:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Many thanks for the offer, angerzen. I'll also respond to your lengthier PM on other items, shortly.

With regards to hosting, Candlekeep has had to move web hosts a number of times due to the vast amount of bandwidth used. At one point it was personally costing $120 bandwidth charge per month on top of the annual hosting fee! Even since moving to the current host a few years back, we have had to move server/application pools on the shared servers due to the forum sucking a vast majority of the database resources (hence the ASP errors we have experienced in the past).

The forum is certainly undergoing migration but with a custom built site integrated, rather than a CMS. Watch this space...

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  03:23:43  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just had a little chuckle at the fact that while this particular scroll was opening, I encountered an ASP error.

Hehe. That's never happened before.

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  22:28:19  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not really a server problem, I don't think, but for some reason the text is no longer wrapping meaning I have to arrow over to see the complete text. Never had that happen before. Help?

Edit: Odd. It seems to have fixed itself.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 06 Jan 2014 22:29:38
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4305 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  22:32:00  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Not really a server problem, I don't think, but for some reason the text is no longer wrapping meaning I have to arrow over to see the complete text. Never had that happen before. Help?

Edit: Odd. It seems to have fixed itself.

Sometimes a url over long causes the problem the "word" is too long so can not wrap.

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  22:35:23  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odder still it appears to only happen in the "Exalted Monk follower of...Sharess" scroll.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000