Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Forgotten Realms NPC Generator
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  19:00:59  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hunter; CR 11
Wood elf ranger 6/ justice of weald and woe 5
Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Listen +10, Spot +10
Languages Common, Elven, Sylvan
===========================================================================
AC 25, touch 18, flat-footed 19
(+7 armor, +6 Dex, +2 deflection)
hp 73 (11 HD)
Immune sleep
Fort +12, Ref +16, Will +6 (+8 against enchantments)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 greatsword +13/+8 (2d6+5/19-20)
Ranged +2 deadly precision composite longbow (Str +3) +18/+13 (1d8+7/19-20 +1d6 additional sneak attack damage) or
Ranged +2 deadly precision composite longbow (Str +3) +18/+18/+13 (1d8+7/19-20 +1d6 additional sneak attack damage) with Rapid Shot or
Ranged +2 deadly precision composite longbow (Str +3) +14/+14 (1d8+7/19-20 +1d6 additional sneak attack damage) with Many Shot
Base Atk +9; Grp +12
Atk Options Many Shot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, favored enemy (+4 against drow, +2 against humans), lucky shot 1/day, sneak attack +1d6
Justice of Weald and Woe Spells Known (CL 5th):
2nd (3/day)—brilliant energy arrow, fog cloud, spider climb
1st (4/day)—camouflage, faerie fire, longstrider, pass without trace, woodwisp arrow
Ranger Spells Prepared (CL 3rd):
1st—entangle (DC 13), resist energy
Abilities Str 17, Dex 22, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
SQ able to notice secret or concealed doors, poison use, trackless step, wild empathy (1d20+8), woodland strde
Feats Endurance, Improved Rapid Shot, Many Shot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Track, Weapon Focus (longbow), Weapon Specialization (longbow)
Skills Balance +13, Climb +12, Craft (bowmaking) +9, Handle Animal +5, Heal +5, Hide +21, Jump +9, Knowledege (dungeoneering) +3, Knowledge (nature) +8, Move Silently +20, Ride +10, Search +3, Sense Motive +2, Survival +11 (+13 above ground), Swim +3, Tumble +11, Use Rope +8
Possessions +3 mithral chain-shirt, Bull's Eye (+2 deadly precision composite longbow [Str +3]), +1 greatsword, amulet of health +2, gloves of Dexterity +2, ring of protection +2, boots of elvenkind, cloak of elvenkind, belt of battle, vest of resistance +1, 20 masterwork arrows, 10 cold-iron arrows, 10 silver arrows.

Edited by - Diffan on 30 Jan 2011 19:01:58
Go to Top of Page

Kanya Skulls
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  19:34:58  Show Profile  Visit Kanya Skulls's Homepage Send Kanya Skulls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good and interesting work, Diffan.
I have a request. I would need stats for some drow followers of Eilistraee. They're living in Silver Marches in a small, hidden community. I need the "grunts" (simple warriors like Fighters or Rangers) and the clerics. The game is in Pathfinder but I'm also using stuff from 3.5. My players will be 4 level, so the NPC's should be around that (to not be stronger then them, but also to not be pushovers because they have to have enough skills to survive on the surface). Maybe the "grunts" CR 1-3, and the clerics 4+?

Disclaimer: I spewed all of this out off the top of my head and make no claim whatsoever that any of it is accurate or even correct.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  19:52:01  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kanya Skulls

Very good and interesting work, Diffan.
I have a request. I would need stats for some drow followers of Eilistraee. They're living in Silver Marches in a small, hidden community. I need the "grunts" (simple warriors like Fighters or Rangers) and the clerics. The game is in Pathfinder but I'm also using stuff from 3.5. My players will be 4 level, so the NPC's should be around that (to not be stronger then them, but also to not be pushovers because they have to have enough skills to survive on the surface). Maybe the "grunts" CR 1-3, and the clerics 4+?

Thanks!

As for the Drow, not a problem. I've been working on my Pathfinder stuff so I'll be using the PFd20 site heavily. By grunts I'm assuming fighters? And these drow will be the normal version, with SR and CR+1 right?
Go to Top of Page

Kanya Skulls
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  20:02:36  Show Profile  Visit Kanya Skulls's Homepage Send Kanya Skulls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah. Common drow. I will be using drow nobles for the more prominent and important NPC's.
They have CR+1? Then why is a drow arrior 1 CR 1/3? And drow nobles also don't get any CR increase. At least not in the PFSRD.

Disclaimer: I spewed all of this out off the top of my head and make no claim whatsoever that any of it is accurate or even correct.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  20:41:54  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah. Common drow. I will be using drow nobles for the more prominent and important NPC's.
They have CR+1? Then why is a drow arrior 1 CR 1/3? And drow nobles also don't get any CR increase. At least not in the PFSRD.

Hmm, it appears your correct. I'd assumed that there wasn't much change from the v3.5 drow to the Pathfinder drow. Well then I'd assume they'd have a CR = class level for regular levels such as Rogue, fighter, wizard, etc... and that the 1/3 CR is from a NPC class, like the Warrior.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  21:38:50  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, here's the common house soldier. I can add a regional feat if you'd like but the build doesn't allow for one by RAW.

DROW SOLDIER
XP 400

Drow fighter 1
Any alignment; Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 11 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep; SR 7
Weaknesses light blindness
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee rapier +4 (1d6+2/18-20)
Ranged hand crossbow +4 (1d4/19-20 plus poison)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
1/day—dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire
STATISTICS
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 14
Feats Agile Maneuvers, Weapon Finesse
Skills Climb +2, Craft (poison) +0, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +4, Knowledge (engineering) +0, Ride +3, Survival +5, Swim +2; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
SQ poison use
Combat Gear rapier, hand crossbow with 20 bolts, 4 doses of drow poison, leather armor, light steel shield
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Poison Use (Ex)

Drow are skilled in the use of poison and never risk accidentally poisoning themselves. Drow favor an insidious toxin that causes its victims to lapse into unconsciousness—this poison allows drow to capture slaves with great ease.

Drow Poison—injury; save Fort DC 13; frequency 1/minute for 2 minutes; initial effect unconsciousness for 1 minute; secondary effect unconsciousness for 2d4 hours; cure 1 save.

Sources Used: Pathfinder_OCG site
Creation Notes:

• 30 point-buy (stats all start at 8)

Edited by - Diffan on 30 Jan 2011 22:53:00
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  22:11:07  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DROW SWORDSMAN
XP 1,200

Drow fighter 4
Init +3; Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +3
DEFENSE
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 29 (4d10+4)
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2 (+3 vs. fear); +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep; SR 10
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk rapier +8 (1d6+2/18-20) or
Melee shortsword +7 (1d6+2/19-20) or
Melee mwk rapier +6 (1d6+2/18-20) and shortsword +5 (1d6+2/19-20) with Two-Weapon Fighting
Ranged hand crossbow +7 (1d4/19-20 plus poison)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 4th)
STATISTICS
Str 15, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12
Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 17
Feats Blind-Fight, Double Slice, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Fightng, Weapon Finesse
Skills Climb +7, Craft (poison) +5, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (engineering) +5, Ride +8, Survival +7, Stealth +4, Swim +2; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
SQ armor training, bravery, poison use (see below)
Equipment masterwork chain shirt, masterwork rapier, shortsword, hand crossbow with 20 bolts, 3 doses of drow poison
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Poison Use (Ex)

Drow are skilled in the use of poison and never risk accidentally poisoning themselves. Drow favor an insidious toxin that causes its victims to lapse into unconsciousness—this poison allows drow to capture slaves with great ease.

Drow Poison—injury; save Fort DC 13; frequency 1/minute for 2 minutes; initial effect unconsciousness for 1 minute; secondary effect unconsciousness for 2d4 hours; cure 1 save.

Creation Notes:

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  22:46:36  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DROW FORESTER
XP 800

Drow ranger 3 of Elistraee
Init +4; Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8
DEFENSE
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 23 (3d10+3)
Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep; SR 9
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk bastardsword +4 (1d10+1/19-20) or
Ranged mwk composite longbow (Str +1) +8 (1d8+1/x3, plus drow poison)
Ranged mwk composite longbow (Str +1) +6/+6 (1d8+1/x3) with Rapid Shot
Atk Options favored enemy humanoid (orc) +2
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd)
STATISTICS
Str 12, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
Base Atk +3; CMB +4; CMD 14
Feats Endurance†, Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Track†
†: Bonus Feat
Skills Climb +7, Craft (poison) +5, Handle Animal +4, Heal +6, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (geography) +2, Knowledge (nature) +5, Profession (tracker) +2, Ride +4, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +9, Survival +8, Swim +5; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
SQ favored terrain (forest), poison use (see below), wild empathy (+3)
Combat Gear masterwork leather, masterwork bastardsword, masterwork composite longbow with 30 arrows, 3 doses of drow poison
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Poison Use (Ex)

Creation Notes:

Edited by - Diffan on 30 Jan 2011 22:51:58
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  03:39:41  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DROW PRIESTESS
XP 1,600

Drow cleric 5 of Elistraee
Any Chaotic; Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +5
DEFENSE
AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +3 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 30 (5d8+5)
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep; SR 11
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft.
Melee +1 bastardsword +5 (1d10+2/19-20) or
Ranged mwk hand crossbow +7 (1d4/19-20, plus drow poison)
Atk Options channel positive energy (6/day, 3d6, DC 13), dazing touch (6/day), touch of chaos (6/day)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th)
1/day—dancing lights, detect magic, darkness, faerie fire, feather fall, levitate
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 5th)
3rd—dispel magic, prayer, suggestion (DC 16)
2nd—aid, align weapon (chaos only), bull's strength, spiritual weapon
1st—bless, charm person (DC 14), divine favor, inflict light wounds (DC 14), shield of faith
0—bleed (DC 13), guidance, resistance, stabalize
Domain spell. Domains: Chaos, Charm
STATISTICS
Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 12
Base Atk +3; CMB +4; CMD 14
Feats Dark Adept, Extra Channeling, Selective Channeling
Skills Appraise +4, Diplomacy +6, Heal +7, Knowledge (arcana) +4, Knowledge (history) +4, Knowledge (nature) +4,Knowledge (religion) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7 Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
SQ poison use (see below)
Combat Gear masterwork breastplate, +1 bastardsword, masterwork light steel shield, masterwork crossbow with 20 bolts, Drow poison (3)
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Poison Use (Ex)

Creation Notes:

Edited by - Diffan on 31 Jan 2011 03:47:10
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  04:10:27  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since we're on the whole Pathfinder theme here I thought I'd share with you guys my 1st pathfinder character. Though he's seen at least 1 revision, he's been with me for quite some time since we started the Rise of the Runelords adventure path (currently still on the Hook Mountain Massacre). But despite the hardships, he's still going strong!

ZAKARUS
XP 9,600
Male human rogue 6/ swashbuckler 3/ swordsage 1
N Medium humanoid (human)
Init +7; Senses Perception +14 (+17 vs. traps)
DEFENSE
AC 27, touch 19, flat-footed 19 (+5 armor, +6 Dex, +2 shield, +2 Cha, +1 deflection, +1 natural); Dodge, +2 to AC vs. traps
hp 96 (6d8+6 plus 3d10+3 plus 1d8+1)
Fort +7, Ref +17 (+19 vs. traps), Will +8 (+10 vs. fear)
Resist evasion
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 assassinating shortsword of least life drinking +15/+10 (1d6+9/19-20) or
Melee +1 assassinating shortsword of least life drinking +13/+8 (1d6+9/19-20) and +1 shortsword of least life drinking +13/+8 (1d6+8/19-20) with Improved Two-Weapon Fighting or
Melee mwk dagger +15/+10 (1d4+8/19-20)
Ranged +1 shocking elvencraft composite longbow (Str +1) +14/+9 (1d8+2/x3, plus 1d6 electricity)
Atk Options bleeding attack, disruptive attack, sneak attack +5d6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th)
3/day—no light (BoVD)
Skill Tricks nimble stand, shrouded dance
Maneuvers and Stances Known (IL 5th):
Stance—step of the wind (1st)
Strike—fan the flames (3rd), soaring raptor strike (3rd), wolf fang strike (1st)
Boost—burning blade (1st)
Counter—mind over body (2nd)
Other—shadow jaunt (2nd)
Disciplines—Desert Wind, Diamond Mind, Shadow Hand, Tiger Claw
Readied maneuver
STATISTICS
Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 23
Feats Combat Reflexes, Daring Outlaw, Dodge, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Mobility, Superior Finesse, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse•, Weapon Focus (dagger, shortsword, sai, siangham, unarmed strike, and spiked chain)•
•Bonus feat
Skills Acrobatics +16, Bluff +12, Climb +8, Craft (poison) +10, Diplomacy +7, Disable Device +18 (+21 against traps), Disguise +8, Escape Artist +11, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (local) +8, Perform (dance) +11, Profession (apothecary) +6, Sense Motive +10, Slight of Hand +10, Stealth +22, Swim +4, Use Magic Device +13
Languages Common, Elven
SQ bravado, bravery +2, insightful strike (+2), trapfinding, trap sense +3, rogue talent (bleeding attack, combat trick, minor magic)
Combat Gear potion of rage, (2) oil of magic weapon +1, 1 potion of tree shape, wand of produce flame (CL 4th; 25 charges), 1 oil of shillelagh, oil of bless weapon, wand of knock (29 charges), eternal wand (ebon eyes) 2/day, 4 acid flasks
Possessions +1 mithral chain shirt, shield ring, sihedron medallion, stalker's mask, +1 shortsword [least crystal of life drinking] with oil chamber, +1 assassinating shortsword [least crystal of life drinking], ring of protection +1, amulet of natural armor +1, gauntlets of ogre power, +1 shocking elvencraft composite longbow with 25 arrows, masterwork thieves tools, masterwork surgeon's tools, masterwork dagger, standard adventuring kit, grappling hook, 7,066 gp, 682 sp, 230 cp.

Sources Used: Pathfinder_OGC, Complete Scoundrel, Book of Vile Darkness, Complete Warrior, Web Enhancement: Cityscape, urban tools part 3, Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords

Edited by - Diffan on 08 Feb 2012 04:43:32
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  03:30:42  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow, no responses. Well looking at the Index, I'm noticing a low volume of Druid characters. So here's one with an interesting backround. Illuskan fighter born in the city of Luskan, this ruffian was thrown out on his arse and forced to live off the land. Quickly he grew accustomed to his environments and this tempered his raging spirit. He found peace and harmony within the Sword Coastal forests and became initiated in the religion of Silvanus.

Tamarak Steelthorn; CR 8
Male Illuskan fighter 1/ druid 7 (Silvanus)
CN medium humanoid (human)
Init +1; Senses Listen +7, Spot +7
Languages Common, Druidic, Illuskan, Sylvan
AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 23
(+9 armor, +1 Dex, +3 shield, +1 deflection)
hp 57 (7 HD)
Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +12 (+4 to saves against fey spell-like abilities)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); base 30 ft.
Melee +2 maul +12/+7 (1d10+6/x3)
Ranged mwk dagger +8 (1d4+4/19-20)
Base Atk +6; Grp +10
Special Attacks Power Attack
Special Actions wild shape 4/day
Druid Spells Prepared (CL 6th):
4th—dispel magic, ice storm
3rd—cure moderate wounds, lion’s charge, swift fly
2nd—briar web, lesser restoration, mass snake's swiftness, saltray (DC 17)
1st—cure light wounds, camouflage, detect animals or plants, entangle (DC 16), ram’s might, wall of smoke (DC 17)
0—cure minor wounds (2), detect magic, detect poison, know direction, read magic
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 20, Cha 15
SQ animal companion, nature sense, resist nature’s lure, trackless step, wild empathy (+9), woodland stride
Feats Augment Summoning, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (maul), Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Spell Focus (conjuration)
Skills Climb +0, Concentration +12, Craft (weaponsmithing) +7, Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +8, Heal +10, Intimidate +3, Jump +1, Knowledge (nature) +8, Profession (potter) +7, Ride +7, Spellcraft +9, Survival +12, Swim -6
Possessions Green dragonhide full plate +1, +2 maul, ring of protection +1, +1 ironwood heavy shield, cloak of resistance +1, druid’s vestments, gauntlets of ogre Strength +2, spell component pouch, wooden holy symbol (Silvanus)
Animal Companion (Ex): Tamarak has a black bear animal companion named Charok. His abilities and characteristics are summarized below:
Resist Nature’s Lure (Ex): Gain +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like abilities of Fey
Trackless Step (Ex): Tamarak leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked
Wild Empathy (Ex): Tamarak’s wild empathy check is 1d20+9
Wild Shape (Su): Tamarak can turn himself into any small or medium animal and back again four times per day as a standard action. This ability functions like the polymorph spell, except as noted, and lasts for 6 hours, or until he changes back
Woodland Stride (Ex): Tamarak may move through any sort of undergrowth at his normal speed without taking damage or suffering impairment. However, areas that have been magically manipulated still affect him

Charok, black bear (animal companion); CR -
N medium sized magical beast (augmented animal)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Listen +5, Spot +5
Languages link
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 15
(+2 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 42 (5 HD)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Melee 2 claws +8 (1d4+5) and
Melee bite +3 (1d4+2)
Space/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.
Base Atk +3; Grp +8
Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
SQ evasion, link, scent, share spells
Feats Endurance, Run
Skills Climb +5, Swim +9
Animal Companion Abilities: Link, share spells, 2 bonus tricks. Charok is Trained for hunting, and also knows the tricks come and defend
Scent (Ex): Charok can detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  04:29:25  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And another character with an interesting backround. Radivaar was born and raised in Shade Enclave (in the plane of Shadow). Grew up in a household with a Sharan cleric for a father and a shadow adept/archmage for a mother, people though Radivaar was bound for greatness. This was true until he came upon a "Fight Club-esque" school for those training in the Sublime Way.

He fell into a crowed of people who use their superior martial skills while blending shadow, light, and the elements into perfect harmony. Of course this sort of discipline was outlawed by the church of Shar and viewed with distrust by the Princes of Shade. Still, the small Do-Jo flourished as the slaves of the city found new strength within themselv, espically the Krinth. Radivaar learned quickly and was a rising star in his class. His knowledge of shadows and darkness from his parents helped pave the way to his extensive capabiliies regarding the Shadow Hand discipline. Soon he paralled his master and became what is known as the Master of the Nine, meaning master of all nine disciplines.

Soon after reaching such paragon heights, the Arch-wizards returned to Faerûn with Shade Enclave's permament shift back to Toril. Radivaar took this opportunity to leave the oppressing enclave forever. In doing so, he left his country under bad circumstances as his parents found out about his almost supernatural abilities. Now he's a wanted fugitive from that nation who'd love to get him back and interrogate him on the secret Do-Jo that lies somewhere in the Enclave.

Radivaar Maluradek; CR 12
Male Netherese human swordsage 7/ master of nine 5
N Medium humanoid
Init +9; Senses Listen +6, Spot +4
Languages Common, Loross, Netherese
AC 28, touch 19, flat-footed 25; Dodge
(+3 Dex, +4 Wis, +7 armor, +2 shield, +2 deflection)
hp 104 (12 HD)
Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +18
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +3 greatsword +17/+12 (2d6+10/19-20) or
Melee improved unarmed strike +13/+8 (1d10+5) or
Melee +3 greatsword +15/+10 (2d6+10/19-20) and
improved unarmed strike +11 (1d10+2) with Snap Kick
Base Atk +8; Grp +13
Atk Options insightful strike (+4 on damage rolls with Stone Dragon strikes), mastery of nine (+2 attack, +7 damage when initiating a maneuver)
Special Actions counter stance, dual stance (10 rounds)
Combat Gear rod of viscid globs 3/day
Maneuvers and Stances Known (IL 12th):
Stances-absolute steel stance (3rd), giant's stance (5th), island of blades (1st), step of the wind (1st), wolverine's stance (3rd)
Strikes-bone crusher (DC 19) (3rd), comet throw (DC 19) (4th), death from above (4th), emerald razor (2nd), fan the flames (3rd), greater insightful strike (6th), irresistible mountain strike (DC 21) (6th), mountain hammer (2nd), pouncing charge (5th), searing charge (4th), shadow blade technique (1st), stone bones (1st), strength draining strike (DC 18) (4th)
Boosts-cloak of deception (2nd), distracting ember (1st), sudden leap (1st)
Counters-counter charge (2nd), mind over body (3rd), wall of blades (2nd)
Others-shadow stride (5th)
Disciplines: Desert Wind, Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Setting Sun, Shadow Hand, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw
Readied maneuver
Abilities Str 20, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 8
SQ perfect form, sense magic
Feats Adaptive Style, Blind-Fight, Discipline, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike, Snap Kick, Superior Unarmed Strike, Weapon Focus (Stone Dragon weapons)
Skills Balance +17 Climb +13, Concentration +16 Diplomacy +1, Heal +6, Hide +20, Intimidate +2, Jump +17, Knowledge (history) +7 Knowledge (nature) +2, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +3, Knowledge (Shadovar local) +7, Martial Lore +4, Move Silently +16, Ride +5, Sense Motive +13, Swim +4, Tumble +16
Flaw No Retreat (You will never run from combat, no matter the odds. In extreme circumstances, you may make a Will Save (DC 30) in order to negate this flaw temporarily. However, if successful, you suffer a -4 penalty to all attack rolls, saves, and skill checks for 1d6 hours due to feelings of guilt and cowardice. If for some reason an outside source (such as an ally, or a failed save against a spell or effect) causes you to flee or be pulled out of the fight against your will, you suffer a -2 penalty to all attack rolls, saves, and skill checks for 1 hour).
Possessions combat gear plus +3 greatsword, +2 mithral breastplate, ring of protection +2, vest of resistance +2, cloak of enveloping shadows (cloak of elvenkind), boots of shadow's whisper (boots of elvenkind), periapt of Wisdom +2, gauntlets of ogre power, ring of force shield, 2,450 gp.

Edited by - Diffan on 19 Mar 2020 12:50:05
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  04:47:12  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BERGTHOR HALLSTEINN; CR 11
Male Illuskan human fighter 1/ evoker 6/ spellsword 4
LN Medium humanoid
Init +8; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages Chondathan, Common, Damaran, Draconic, Elven, Illuskan
AC 23, touch 14, flat-footed 21
(+9 armor, +2 Dex, +2 deflection)
hp 101 (11 HD)
Fort +13, Ref +7, Will +12
==========================================================================
Melee +2 shocking greatsword +14/+9 (2d6+8/19-20, plus 1d6 electricity) or
Melee mwk dagger +13/+8 (1d4+4/19-20)
Ranged mwk dagger +12 (1d4+4/19-20)
Base Atk +8; Grp +12
Atk Options Acidic Splatter, Fiery Burst (4d6; DC 20), channel spell 3/day
Combat Gear (2) potion of cure moderate wounds, metamagic rod of lesser empower 3/day
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 11th, chooses spells as CL 8th; prohibited schools enchantment and necromancy):
4th—greater invisibility, orb of fire (CL 12th; +10 ranged touch, DC 20), stoneskin, sword of deception
3rd—acid breath (CL 12th; DC 19), dispel magic, displacement, fly, haste, lightning bolt (CL 12th; DC 19)
2nd—bull's strength, dimension hop, glitterdust (DC 18), scorching ray (+10 ranged touch), resist energy, wraithstrike
1st—enlarge person, grease (DC 17), magic missile, nerveskitter, obscuring mist, persistant blade, shield
0—detect magic, electric jolt (+10 ranged touch), mage hand, message, read magic
============================================================================
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 22, Wis 12, Cha 10
Feats Acidic Splatter, Combat Casting, Fiery Burst, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Practiced Spellcaster, Scribe Scroll, Shock Trooper, Spellcasting Prodigy, Thug
Skills Appraisal +8, Climb +4, Concentration +15 (+19 casting defensively), Craft (armorsmithing) +12, Craft (weaponsmithing) +12, Decipher Script +12, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +7, Jump +7, Knowledge (arcana) +13, Knowledge (nature) +8, Knowledge (the planes) +10, Profession (scribe) +2, Ride +4, Spellcraft +20, Swim +0
Flaw Forlorn (can never attain an animal companion, familiar, or special mount)
Possessions combat gear plus Mage Plate (+1 mithral twilight full plate), Static Steel (+2 shocking greatsword), Bergthor's Circlet (headband of Intelligence +2), cloak of resistance +2, Bergthor's Ring (ring of protection +2), lockpicking ring, diamond dust worth 2,250 gp, spell component pouch, spellbook, masterwork dagger.
Spellbook spells prepared plus 0—all but enchantment and necromancy; 1st—disguise self, feather fall, hail of stone, lesser orb of acid, mage armor, mount, Tenser's floating disc; 2nd—blur, Gedlee's electric loop, knock, Melf's acid arrow, mirror image, rope trick, snake's swiftness, web, whirling blade; 3rd—clairaudience/clairvoyance, fireball, Leomund's tiny hut, magic circle against evil, major image, nondetection; 4th—crushing grip, dimension door, lesser globe of invulnerability, slashing dispel, trollshape
Channel Spell (Sp): As a move action, Bergthor can channel a spell he has prepared into his sword, thus using up the spell as though it has been cast. The next creature he hits with his sword is affected by the spell (saving throws and spell resistance applies). Only the target is affected by the spell, even if it's an area spell.
Description Bergthor studied the Art at the Host Tower of the Arcane and was gradually advancing in the Arcane Brotherhood wizards guild. Before he reached full membership status, he was ordered to kill his friend and colleague to prove his faithfulness. Unable to follow through with the act, he fled the tower and has been roving The North with various adventuring bands. Currently, he's residing in Silverymoon and attempting to put together a company of Spellswords to further strengthen Silverymoon's defenses and gain a name for himself.

Edited by - Diffan on 22 Feb 2019 15:47:46
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  14:40:14  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here's a bad-guy NPC for a low-level campaign. A nasty Fey'ri.

Dreythalos Dlardrageth; CR 5
Male Fey’ri duskblade 4
NE Medium outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +2, Spot +2
Languages: Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnoll, Goblin, Illuskan, Sylvan.
AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 17
(+6 armor, +3 Dex, +1 deflection)
hp 36 (4 HD); DR 5/bludgeoning or piercing
Immune sleep
Resist fire 10
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +5 (+7 against enchantment spells and effects)
Speed 30 ft., fly 40 ft. (poor)
Melee +1 longsword +9 (1d8+4/19-20) or
Melee mwk dagger +8 (1d4+3/19-20)
Ranged mwk composite longbow (Str +3) +8 (1d8+3/x3)
Base Atk +4; Grp +7
Special Attacks arcane channeling
Duskblade Spells Known (CL4th):
1st (6/day)—blade of blood, cause fear (DC 16), chill touch (+7 melee touch, DC 16), shocking grasp (+7 melee touch), swift expedious retreat
0 (6/day)—acid splash (+9 ranged touch), disrupt undead, ray of frost (+9 ranged touch), touch of fatigue (+9 melee touch, DC 15)
Arcane Attunement (CL 4th):
8/day—dancing lights, detect magic, flare, ghost sound, and read magic
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 4th):
1/day—charm person (DC 13), clairaudience/clairvoyance, quickened darkness
Abilities Str 17, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 20, Wis 11, Cha 15
SQ arcane attunement, armored mage, fey’ri traits,;
Feats Combat Casting, Quickened Spell-Like Ability (darkness), Weapon Focus (longsword)
Skills Bluff +5, Climb +4, Concentration +8 (+12 casting defensively), Craft (weaponsmithing) +9, Decipher Script +7, Jump +6, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (the plains) +8, Listen +2, Hide +4, Ride +3, Sense Motive +4, Search +5, Spellcraft +10, Spot +2, Swim -1
Possessions +1 longsword, mwk dagger, mwk composite longbow [Str +3] with 20 arrows, +1 elven chain of axe-blocking, ring of protection +1, cloak of resistance +1
Armored Mage (Ex): Dreythalos can cast spells while wearing light and medium armor and heavy shields with no arcane spell failure.
Arcane Channeling (Su): As a standard action, Dreythalos can cast any touch spells he knows and deliver the spell through his sword with a melee attack. Casting a spell in this manner does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action or less.
Fey’ri Traits: Immune to sleep spells and effects, +2 racial bonus on Will saves against enchantment spells and effects, +2 racial bonus to Bluff, Hide, Listen, Search, and Spot checks, can cast Alter Self at will to assume any humanoid form, and can remain in that form indefinitely.

Edited by - Diffan on 18 Feb 2011 14:48:06
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  01:06:53  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So........ideas? Likes? Dislikes? Requests for certain classes or CR's?
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  10:42:53  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sir Nathaniel Amblecrown; CR 11
Male Chondathan human paladin 6 of Tyr/ gray guard 5
LG Medium humanoid
Init +1; Senses Listen +2, Spot +2
Aura courage (10 ft., allies +4 against fear)
Languages Chondathan, Common, Elven
AC 27, touch 12, flat-footed 26
(+11 armor, +1 Dex, +4 shield, + 1 deflection)
Immune disease, fear
hp 101 (11 HD)
Fort +17, Ref +9, Will +15 (+1 to saves against evil creatures, spells, and spell-like abilities; +2 to saves against energy drain, death effects, and negative energy effects)
Melee +2 blessed longsword of lesser life drinking +18/+13/+8 (1d8+7/19-20, plus 1d6 against evil creatures) or
Melee mwk dagger +17/+12/+7 (1d4+5/19-20) or
Melee devastating touch +16 melee touch (up to 44 points)
Ranged mwk comp longbow (Str +2) +13/+8/+3 (1d8+2/x3)
Base Atk +11; Grp +16
Atk Options Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack, smite evil or chaos 5/day (+4 attack, +11 damage or +33 when charging)
Special Actions debilitating touch (Fort DC 19), lay on hands 44 points/day, turn undead 7/day (+6, 2d6+7; 4th)
Combat Gear badge of glory 2/day (11 damage), cord of favor 3/day, dimension stride boots 5/day, pearl of power (1st) 1/day
Paladin Spells Prepared (CL 4th):
2nd—strength of stone
1st—rhino's rush (2)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th):
At will—detect evil
1/tenday—remove disease
Abilities Str 20, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 18
SQ sacrament of trust, strong aura of good
Feats Awesome Smite, Discipline, Extra Smite, Improved Bull Rush, Nymph's Kiss, Power Attack, Shock Trooper
Skills Bluff +9, Concentration +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +9 (+11 acting), Forgery +1, Handle Animal +10, Heal +8, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (Dalelands local) +7, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +4, Knowledge (religion) +9, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13
Flaw Righteous (Once per game session, the DM or another player can activate your Flaw in order to dispel any doubts you might have about the moral justifiability of your actions. This includes, but it not limited to, overriding any Qualms (as per the flaw) that you might have, and forcing you to act against your alignment.
Possessions combat gear plus Redemption (+2 blessed longsword [crystal of lesser life drinking]), +3 full plate, +2 heavy steel shield, gauntlets of ogre power, cloak of Charisma +2,
ring of resistance +1, ring of protection +1, lenses of revelation, phylactery of virtue, caduceus bracers
, silver holy symbol, masterwork dagger, masterwork composite longbow (Str +2), standard adventuring gear, 60 gp.
Go to Top of Page

Kanya Skulls
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  18:40:11  Show Profile  Visit Kanya Skulls's Homepage Send Kanya Skulls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe a kommando member? Something like US Army Ranger or Green Beret, but Realms-ish. CR 12-14. Pathfinder and no full casters (including Bard).

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2011 :  06:30:39  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe a kommando member? Something like US Army Ranger or Green Beret, but Realms-ish. CR 12-14. Pathfinder and no full casters (including Bard).

I can do that, say drow ranger 2/rogue 7/tempest 4? The Tempest PrC is from Complete Adventurer but a Pathfinder conversion is pretty simple.
Go to Top of Page

Kanya Skulls
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2011 :  15:51:20  Show Profile  Visit Kanya Skulls's Homepage Send Kanya Skulls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks good, but it don't have to be a drow. And what good is the Tempest for a kommando? He has to be decent in battle, but more important is that he has the right skills and abilitied.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2011 :  16:33:17  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Looks good, but it don't have to be a drow. And what good is the Tempest for a kommando? He has to be decent in battle, but more important is that he has the right skills and abilitied.

Ok, if not a Drow then which race would you like? Human seems to be a good choice for a multitude of reasons as are Elves, espically for the sort of Spec. Ops character.

I chose the Tempest because it's excellent in two-weapon fighting techniques, something I think a Commando would be good with. I chose the Ranger for terrain knowledge, stealth skills, and nature abilities. I chose to mutliclass to Rogue for sneak attack damage, rogue talents, and to further expand on Stealth and Traps.
Go to Top of Page

Kanya Skulls
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2011 :  20:03:09  Show Profile  Visit Kanya Skulls's Homepage Send Kanya Skulls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Human is good.

Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2011 :  22:40:54  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I need to do a little research first, but I feel like I'm gonna need some derro in a month or so.

More later.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  13:57:31  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

I need to do a little research first, but I feel like I'm gonna need some derro in a month or so.

More later.

Hmmm, Derro? Those are Deep Dwarves right? I'm sure I can pop out a few for you. Just let me know what level/class/etc.... ok?
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  15:45:05  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Kanya, here ya go. Hope things look good and let me know if you want any changes.

Daemar; CR 13
XP 25,600

Male human ranger 2/ rogue 7/ tempest 4
CN Medium humanoid (human)
Init +5; Senses Perception +13 (+15 vs. traps)
DEFENSE
AC 26, touch 16, flat-footed 19 (+8 armor, +5 Dex, +1 deflection, +2 shield); Dodge, +2 to AC vs. traps
hp 110 (2d10+6 plus 7d8+21 plus 4d10+12)
Fort +10, Ref +15 (+17 vs. traps), Will +4
Resist evasion
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 wounding shortsword +17/+12/+7 (1d6+4/17-20 plus 1 bleed damage) or
Melee +1 shortsword +17/+12 (+21/+16 with sneak attack) (1d6+4 (+8 with sneak attack)/17-20) or
Melee +1 wounding shortsword +17/+12/+7 (1d6+4/17-20 plus 1 bleed damage) and +1 shortsword +17/+12 [+21/+16 with sneak attack](1d6+4 [+8 with sneak attack]/17-20)
Melee mwk dagger +17/+12 (1d4+3/19-20)
Ranged +1 composite longbow (Str +1) +17/+12/+7 (1d8+2/x3)
Atk Options bleeding attack (4 points), disruptive attack, favored enemy magical beasts +2, sneak attack +4d6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7th)
3/day—ghost sound (DC 11)
STATISTICS
Str 17, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +11; CMB +14; CMD 24
Feats Dodge, Double Slice, Improved Critical (shortsword), Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Mobility, Spring Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Wind Stance
Skills Acrobatics +15, Appraise +5, Bluff +8, Climb +10, Craft (alchemy) +6, Diplomacy +6, Disable Device +15 (+18 against traps), Disguise +6, Escape Artist +11, Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (geography) +6, Knowledge (local) +5,Knowledge (nature) +6, Perform (dance) +11, Profession (hunter/tracker) +5, Ride +7, Sense Motive +6, Slight of Hand +8, Stealth +19, Survival +7, Swim +4, Use Magic Device +9
Languages Common, Elven
SQ ambidexterity (-2/+0), rogue talent (bleeding attack, fast stealth, minor magic), track, trapfinding, trap sense +2, two-weapon defense, two-weapon versatility
Combat Gear 3 potions of cure moderate wounds (CL 1st)
Possessions celestial armor, Gnasher (+1 wounding shortsword), Sword of Subtley (+1 shortsword), ring of protection +1, belt of physical might +2 (Str/Con), cloak of elvenkind, Boots of levitation, +1 composite longbow with 25 arrows, masterwork thieves tools, masterwork surgeon's tools, masterwork dagger, standard adventuring kit, grappling hook, 400 pp.

Sources Used: Pathfinder_OGC, Complete Adventurer

Edited by - Diffan on 13 Feb 2011 21:11:42
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  14:50:22  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another simple character with a small story. Enjoy!!

Luthan Taim; CR 2
Male Nar human fighter 1/ evoker 1
LN Medium humanoid
Init +4; Senses Listen +1, Spot +1
Languages Common, Damaran, Goblib, Orc
AC 13, touch 10, flat-footed 13
(+3 armor)
hp 21 (2 HD)
Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee mwk greatsword +4 (2d6+3/19-20)
Ranged touch +1 (by spell)
Base Atk +1; Grp +3
Atk Options Power Attack
Combat Gear (2) potion of cure light wounds (CL 3rd)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1st; prohibited schools: enchantment and necromancy; 5% spell failure):
1st—grease (DC 14), magic missile, shield
0 (cantrips)—acid splash (ranged touch), detect magic, light
Abilities Str 15, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 10, Cha 8
SQ immediate magic (evocation)
Feats Combat Expertise, Dauntless, Improved Initiative, Power Attack*, Scribe Scroll*
*Bonus feats
Skills Climb +5, Concentration +3, Craft (alchemy) +3, Craft (weaponsmithing) +6, Decipher Script +4, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +3, Jump +5, Knoweldge (arcana) +4, Knoweldge (Damara local) +3, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +3, Knowledge (nature) +3, Knoweldge (religion) +3, Knowledge (the planes) +3, Ride +3, Spellcraft +5, Swim +5
Possessions combat gear plus masterwork greatsword, twisted silk armor, spell component pouch, spellbook
Spellbook spell prepared plus 0—all except enchantment and necromancy; 1st—alarm, burning hands, comprehend languages, disguise self, mage armor, mount, obscuring mist, shocking grasp, unseen servant
Description: Luthan grew up in a small village deep in Nar called Sarrowatch. This tiny village avoided magic and feared it terribly. Those who've been known to wielding magic are asked to leave town. Such magic users become hermits in the near by woodlands and mountains. This is where Luthan first came across magic.

He and his friends knew about an old hermit, living in the woods, which supposedly wielded awesome power. They were all warned to say far away from him, but like most children, they rarely listened. One evening Luthan and his friends ventured close to where the old hermit dwelled, hoping to catch a glimpse of his arcane might. And like most children, ran at the first sign of the old man's presence. Still Luthan remained, determined to see magic done. What Luthan saw that night wasn't powerful, dreadful, or even scary. It was a few items moving about by themselves, a light with no heat source, and and an old man talking to an owl. With a disappointed sigh, Luthan started his journy home.

Luthan didn't get far as a creature from the dark woods released a terrifying shreak. With speed born of pure fear, Luthan ran down the path towards the town. He heard brush breaking and something running behind him with inhuman speed. Sparing a glance back, Luthan saw a monster coming at him from his most dreaded nightmares. It was the size of a bear with a beak of an giant bird, something he heard the men folk in town call an Owlbear. They were ferocious beasts and loved the taste of humans. With Luthan distracted, he never saw the roots along the path and promply tripped, skidding to his hands and knees. He turned as the owlbear came upon him, rearing on it's hind legs like a giant conquering his opponent.

The blood was pumping in Luthan's ears deafened him to the sounds of arcane muttering behind the giant beast. Suddenly Luthan was blinded by a steak of light as it arched through the Owlbear's chest. The smell of ozone and burnt, dirty hair reached his nostrils and he had briefly wonderd if the sky had opened above him, delivering a powerful bolt of lightning. The Owlbear swayed from side to side then fell with a great weight that shook the ground, like a darkwood tree falling next to Luthan's head. Spots of light swam in his eyes and it took a few moments to realize what occured. Sitting on a dead tree stump was the old hermit, his beard wild and shaggy and holding what appeard to be some sort of transparent rod.

A smile broke his stern, bearded visage and he said "Looks like owlbear for dinner! You run along home now, but don't fear me child. When you regain your wits, come see me and I'll teach you how to conquor the world." The old man walked over to the Owlbear and muttered some arcane phrase that Luthan could've never known and in a flash, both beast and wizard were gone.

Luthan did return and went on to learn much of what the wizard would teach him. Yet as he grew to man hood, the townsfolk started to suspect something odd about Luthan. When it was learned that he had been meeting the old wizard, he too was banished from his town. Luthan decided to live with the old hermit but upon going to his cottage, the hermit too was gone. With no one to learn from, Luthan left his small vale and journeyed into the wider world to learn more magic.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  04:49:22  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ikar the Black (custom) Level 10 Solo Soldier (Leader)
Medium natural humanoid (half-orc)
XP 2,500
===============================================================================
Initiative +12; Perception +7; Low-Light Vision
HP 416; Bloodied 208
AC 27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 22; Will 21
Speed 5 (7 while charging)
Saving Throws +5;
Action Points 2
TRAITS
Half-Orc Resilience • Encounter
Effect: When Ikar is first bloodied in an encounter, he gains 10 temporary hit points.
STANDARD ACTIONS
(m) Broadsword (Weapon) • At-Will
Attack: +18 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 7 damage, and the target is marked until the end of Ikar’s next turn.
TRIGGERED ACTIONS
Joint Venture • At-Will
Trigger (Immediate Reaction): When Ikar charges.
Effect: An ally with 10 squares makes a charge attack as a free action. That ally’s movement during the charge does not provoke opportunity attacks.

Furious Assault • Encounter
Trigger (Free Action): Ikar makes a successful attack.
Effect: The triggering attack deals 1d10 extra damage if it is a broadsword attack or 1d8 extra damage if it is a junker’s smash attack.
MINOR ACTIONS
(M) Junker's Smash (Weapon) • At-Will (1/round)
Attack: +16 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + 4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.

(M) Fair Trade (Weapon) • Encounter
Attack: +18 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10 + 5 damage.
Alignment evil Languages Common, Giant
Skills Athletics +15, Diplomacy +14, Endurance +13, History +11
Str 20 (+10) Dex 15 (+7) Wis 14 (+7)
Con 16 (+8) Int 13 (+6) Cha 18 (+9)
Equipment scale armor, light shield, broadsword

Edited by - Diffan on 25 Feb 2012 13:20:41
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  15:39:18  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Diffan - do you just do NPCs or do you do monsters, too?

I could use Marcus, Red Wizard of Thay in the CR 14 range that can (for a time) handle combatting 5-6 PCs. He should have craft woundrous item, at least, and have some nod to a great amount of experience with portals, and magic items. If you see my most recent thread in this folder, you'll get more details if you need him. He should also not be particularly wise. He's completely missed the fact that the devils he's allied himself with are demons in disguise.

3.5/Pathfinder with as much of a Realms taste, as possible.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  18:33:02  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Diffan - do you just do NPCs or do you do monsters, too?

I could use Marcus, Red Wizard of Thay in the CR 14 range that can (for a time) handle combatting 5-6 PCs. He should have craft woundrous item, at least, and have some nod to a great amount of experience with portals, and magic items. If you see my most recent thread in this folder, you'll get more details if you need him. He should also not be particularly wise. He's completely missed the fact that the devils he's allied himself with are demons in disguise.

3.5/Pathfinder with as much of a Realms taste, as possible.

Well, Monsters and NPCs go hand-in-hand when using v3.5/Pathfinder. The few changes are that Monsters gain access to Monster Feats and often their wealth-by-level is much lower than that of a PC. 4E, OTOH, has distinct differences between Monsters and PCs.

As for Marcus, is this the same Red Wizard Marcus that attacked Phlan in the Pools of Darkness novel or just a coincidence? Just curious. Yea, I could stat-up an Evil Red Wizard for you. But there are differences between v3.5 and Pathfinder. Do you want mainly Pathfinder mechanics with some sprinkling of v3.5? Also, Red Wizards require specialization in a school of magic, so which school would you like Marcus to specialize in?
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  19:28:25  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, that's the guy. It's for my homage to pools of darkness adventure. I took the game and the novel and sort of mashed them together, then threw in some stargate sg1.

Gothmenes (villain from the game) is actually masquerading as Tanetal. Some basics have been adjusted for the PCs interactions with Phlan in Ruins of Adventure (aka Pool of Radiance). And the campaign has basically involved them using pools of darkness to move from town to town, as opposed to following Ren's track of looking for the lost cities.

Basically, I use Pathfinder as my rule-set, filling in with FR where needed, and then 3.5 if all else fails. It's up to you whether or not you use the Red Wizard PrC, though I'm sure it's more useful to others if you do, I guess. I'm leaning towards
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  13:29:24  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Basically, I use Pathfinder as my rule-set, filling in with FR where needed, and then 3.5 if all else fails. It's up to you whether or not you use the Red Wizard PrC, though I'm sure it's more useful to others if you do, I guess. I'm leaning towards

Ok, well from what I remember of the novel, I'm under the impression that Marcus was more of a blasting mage, meaning a focus in Evocation. So I'll use that and the Red Wizard prestige class. I'll have to Pathfinder-ize the PrC, but that shouldn't be too hard at all.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000