Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Thay... then or now? (Potential Spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  15:49:50  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

The one positive thing 4e did for us in regards to Thay is that it nerfed the whole, silly 'Thaymart' concept.
Not quite. They simply chose not to feature it in the novels.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

530 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  15:57:25  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

Luckily Thay had a lot of worshippers of Kossuth
Not in the current Thay. They were pretty much slaughtered during the War of the Zulkirs. And not other religion exists in the land except Bane's.

That's why i said "had".

1 - Greatest concentration of organized worshippers slaughtered
2 - Holy avenging crusade ... PURGE WITH FIRE!!!
3 - ???
4 - Profit

In all seriousness, i despise what they did to Thay. It was another nail in the coffin for the 4e Realms for me. So, since i took the nation in another direction in my home Realms and 5e needs a frigging miracle to get me interested in canon Thay again they might as well turn it into a theocracy of fanatic pyromaniacs, at least then i can laugh while reading about it and picturing red robed warrior priests setting the f*****g zoophiliac b*****s of Rashemen and their drunk toy boys on fire.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  16:07:34  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Haha. What a picture it must be.

Fear not, though, for Szass Tam's actions lately seem to indicate he'd be overstretching his limits soon. Building Dread Rings in the Sword Coast where many major cities are well prepared to crush any potential threats? A particularly unwise move.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000