Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Shameless self-promotion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  19:38:16  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Whisper of Venom, the sequel to The Captive Flame, and the Year of Rogue Dragons omnibus edition both hit stores today.

Sandstorm
Seeker

Canada
80 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  19:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Sandstorm's Homepage Send Sandstorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WootWoot!!
Go to Top of Page

Merrith
Learned Scribe

135 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  21:53:19  Show Profile  Visit Merrith's Homepage Send Merrith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Believe me Richard, just waiting for rush hour to die down then heading out hoping local Borders actually has it on the shelves unlike Elminster Must Die which took 2 extra days.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  02:13:14  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is great news. I'm going to Fullybooked after meeting my surgeon today. Thanks, Richard!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  06:31:00  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And there will be even more shameless RLB promotion soon on the Wizards Bookclub. Keep your eyes peeled!

http://community.wizards.com/bookclub

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  07:07:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoa! Didn't even realise the second book was so close to release. Better get to reading The Captive Flame then, eh?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  07:50:45  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

And there will be even more shameless RLB promotion soon on the Wizards Bookclub. Keep your eyes peeled!

http://community.wizards.com/bookclub

Cheers

Just registered a week ago. Though I couldn't participate yet as I didn't read those that are being discussed...

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  08:01:48  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And today sees the first instalment of Richard's web-serial over on the Paizo-site: Lord of Penance.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  10:54:49  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny, I bought Whisper of Venom last friday October 29th (early release in Canada??).
I might need to purchase the Omnibus though

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  13:52:23  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Funny, I bought Whisper of Venom last friday October 29th (early release in Canada??).

Good for you. Here, Fullybooked, the only one that sells MOST FR BOOKS, doesn't have it yet - until next month; and even that is not yet sure. I even find it strange because they had The Captive Flame on the same month it was released in the U.S. But at least they have the omnibus of the YoRD.

Go to Top of Page

Sandro
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
266 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  19:28:09  Show Profile Send Sandro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Good for you. Here, Fullybooked, the only one that sells MOST FR BOOKS, doesn't have it yet - until next month; and even that is not yet sure. I even find it strange because they had The Captive Flame on the same month it was released in the U.S. But at least they have the omnibus of the YoRD.

Heh, at least you have a bookstore that sells new Realms releases; the only way to get them down here is to order 'em from Amazon.

"Gods, little fishes, and spells to turn the one to the other," Mordenkainen sighed. "It's started already..."
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  22:22:01  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone notice how 'thin' the paper of the omnibus is? It's like newspaper. Blatant cost-cutting?

The cover's great, though.

Edited by - Dennis on 03 Nov 2010 22:24:06
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2010 :  23:58:34  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kajehase already said what I was coming her to say today. But I guess it won't hurt to say it again. You can now check out Part One of my first Pathfinder novelette at the Paizo web site. It's free and everything.

http://paizo.com/pathfinder/tales/serial
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2010 :  00:39:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Kajehase already said what I was coming her to say today. But I guess it won't hurt to say it again. You can now check out Part One of my first Pathfinder novelette at the Paizo web site. It's free and everything.

Oooh! This has saved me greatly. I forgot my books when I was leaving for work this morning, so this should satisfy me just as well.

Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2010 :  14:54:11  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Richard,

I'm about 100 pages in. I really enjoy "Whisper of Venom" - better than the first novel. :)
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2010 :  18:28:45  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it!
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2010 :  22:25:05  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Merrith

Believe me Richard, just waiting for rush hour to die down then heading out hoping local Borders actually has it on the shelves unlike Elminster Must Die which took 2 extra days.

my local borders shut down the other month.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2010 :  05:22:57  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

But your link is better than mine.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  16:16:39  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Part Two of free four-part Pathfinder novelette is now available for your perusal.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  17:43:05  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, check out RLB's interview re: Whisper of Venom (etc.) on the WotC Bookclub: http://community.wizards.com/bookclub/blog/2010/11/09/band_of_brothers:_richard_lee_byers_on_the_brotherhood_of_the_griffon_trilogy

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  23:42:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Also, check out RLB's interview re: Whisper of Venom (etc.) on the WotC Bookclub: http://community.wizards.com/bookclub/blog/2010/11/09/band_of_brothers:_richard_lee_byers_on_the_brotherhood_of_the_griffon_trilogy

Cheers

Very nice. I always enjoy these insights into an author's work. And woot! Candlekeep gets a mention. Thanks Richard!

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2010 :  00:03:27  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read it upon checking my FB. And Richard, I commented on your wall that I posted it in the Gen FR Chat section here at the 'Keep. But upon seeing Erik's post, I just deleted it.

Anyway, an interesting and insightful interview. You mentioned your next trilogy after Spectral Blaze will again feature The Brotherhood. Are you sending them back to Thay?

Go to Top of Page

Merrith
Learned Scribe

135 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2010 :  00:42:17  Show Profile  Visit Merrith's Homepage Send Merrith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard, loved Whisper of Venom! Just as good if not better than Captive Flame. The subject of "the game" is extremely intriguing. Countdown until Spectral Blaze release begins. I almost feel like this story could span an entire extra trilogy on top of the current one. 2 books down and feels like you're just starting to peel back the layers :). Knowing you're going to do another trilogy featuring these characters is tremendous. My reading schedule is locked up.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2010 :  02:26:19  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dennis: I don't want to give away too much about the next trilogy just yet. Sorry. But it would feel odd to give away a lot when I've barely started writing it. Heck, I might later decide to change something I'd yakked about and make a liar out of myself.

Merrith: It's great to hear you liked Whisper of Venom.
Go to Top of Page

Ananta
Acolyte

Finland
22 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2010 :  16:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Ananta's Homepage Send Ananta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did anyone notice how 'thin' the paper of the omnibus is? It's like newspaper. Blatant cost-cutting?

Haha, it was the same with Erevis Cale -Trilogy omnibus. It was as if reading a bible. I found it fitting. :D

Although I think they made it so the book wouldn't be 10 inches thick, not because of cost-cutting xD

Edited by - Ananta on 12 Nov 2010 17:00:52
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2010 :  18:32:55  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ananta

quote:

Haha, it was the same with Erevis Cale -Trilogy omnibus. It was as if reading a bible. I found it fitting. :D

Although I think they made it so the book wouldn't be 10 inches thick, not because of cost-cutting xD

Threat from the Sea omnibus is thick. Maybe the new format has something to do with the new label, D&D.

Go to Top of Page

Sandro
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
266 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2010 :  06:03:51  Show Profile Send Sandro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The recent Return of the Archwizards omnibus was similarly thin: disappointingly thin, for me, my only other experience in Realms omnibuses being the old Drizzt ones (from before the Legend of Drizzt re-branding), which featured real paper and were done very nicely.

Still, I shan't complain too loudly, as thin paper is better than no paper, especially when dealing with books not available otherwise.

"Gods, little fishes, and spells to turn the one to the other," Mordenkainen sighed. "It's started already..."
Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2010 :  21:42:44  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear that there will be another trilogy featuring Aoth and his band. :)

Richard, If I may ask, tho is your editor now (and/or who was)? There were some changes at the WotC book department and all the editors I have ever know of (and valued) are gone.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2010 :  23:29:44  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Susan Morris was my editor until she recently moved. Nina Hess is my editor now, although that may change when Susan's replacement is hired.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2010 :  09:42:41  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unclean has been reprinted with the new D&D logo.

Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2010 :  14:05:28  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard, could you drop us a hint as to the are of the Realms where your next trilogy is set? Will it be East (I have a feeling that Aoth will return to the familiard grounds of Thay).

Personally, I am a cold maniac, co I welcome all books set in the far north.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000