Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What would you do?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2010 :  04:20:51  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
The problem is if we approach a really good anime house, they might not be interested (after all, they have their own projects and IPs). The deal would have to be pretty damn sweet to get them on board. The idea isn't to make money off them, but to make money off of other products their buzz would generate (Don't give away the toy rights).

I had honestly not considered their back log of work that would include their own IPs. That is a good point.
quote:
I would also consider cutting a deal with Todd McFarlane for the toy line - the stuff he produces is both amazing (and disturbing) and also fairly inexpensive. His dragon line puts to shame the D&D minis, IMHO. I think if he did a line of collectible figures for the Companions of the Hall they would be off the hook. Just look at what he did with Santa's elves and Jack Frost

It's been a long time since I bought any McFarlane figures. Have they solved the problems they used to have? I recall them being somewhat fragile. It also seemed to be that you should've picked one pose, put the figure in that pose, and don't ever try to change it or something will snap. The figures were absurdly detailed though, so if those problems have been solved that is a great idea.
quote:
I'm not a huge Anime' guy - I only know about the stuff on Cartoon Network: Adult Swim, so I will have to look into those two you mentioned.

I looked around a little and it looks like those two examples were made by the same guy. This guy. He also made the other movies/shows I was going to use as an example (go figure). It's clearly anime, but it is (in my opinion) a very clean and refined looking image with tremendous detail. His style does not go for some of the usual anime conventions (the big tear drop, for instance, is nowhere to be found in his anime). His work on Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Ninja Scroll, and Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (easily better than at least 2, possibly 3 of the movies) shows that he can do sword and sorcery. This boils down to my preferance for this style of anime art (detailed, not really in any way "kiddy", no heavy reliance on CG) over most of the other styles.

I suppose another viable alternative is all CG like the Final Fantasy cutscenes or like Resident Evil: Degeneration. It wouldn't be my first choice, but if it's done well it does look decent. I don't like mixing CG and animation very much if it can be helped.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2010 :  04:25:20  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was decided already. And I do not think Ed would have any needs for it. I completely believe in him. Continue as it is.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000