Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What novel tell's of Mystra's most recent death?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Half elven
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2010 :  19:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Half elven's Homepage Send Half elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have looked and can't seem to find a novel where Mystra is killed...

anyone?

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2010 :  19:45:53  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second book of Empyrean Odyssey. Fractured Sky, if I remember correctly.
Though Mystra's death is somewhat off-stage (in a vision and not directly seen).

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Half elven
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2010 :  19:57:38  Show Profile  Visit Half elven's Homepage Send Half elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  02:29:09  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
in fact the vision is just that, a vision and not to be taken literally

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  04:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grand History of the Realms states the day and the how.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Darsson Spellmaker
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  04:50:42  Show Profile Send Darsson Spellmaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first book in the Haunted Lands trilogy has a prophecy by Yaphyll, the Zulkir of Divination, that describes an "assassin" [Cyric] donning a black cloak given him by the "black queen" [Shar] and sneaking into the realm of the "white queen" [Mystra] to assassinate her.
As already stated, the second book in the Empyrean Odyssey unfolds a vision where Azuth and Mystra are berating Cyric for something when Shar arrives and does a seductive dance. Both gods of magic are distracted, and Cyric takes the opportunity to grab Azuth's Old Staff and cave in Mystra's head with it.

"Know, O mages, that there is learning, and there is wisdom, and they are very far from being the same thing."--Azuth the High One, Utterances from the Altar: Collected Verbal Manifestations of the Divine and Most Holy Lord of Spells (holy chapbook, assembled by anonymous priests of Azuth circa 1358 DR)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  14:37:01  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darsson Spellmaker

The first book in the Haunted Lands trilogy has a prophecy by Yaphyll, the Zulkir of Divination, that describes an "assassin" [Cyric] donning a black cloak given him by the "black queen" [Shar] and sneaking into the realm of the "white queen" [Mystra] to assassinate her.
As already stated, the second book in the Empyrean Odyssey unfolds a vision where Azuth and Mystra are berating Cyric for something when Shar arrives and does a seductive dance. Both gods of magic are distracted, and Cyric takes the opportunity to grab Azuth's Old Staff and cave in Mystra's head with it.

You just made that up.....right??

Sorry, I know you didnt.... just reading that reminded me how silly and impossible it all is!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  15:10:05  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As statted several times here and elsewhere this was a vision Alizza saw before it happened. What acctually happened when Cyric and Shar murdered Mystra was afaik never explained anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  15:10:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Cyric hit her in the head with a stick.

In much the same way I am beating this dead horse right here.....

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000