Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Good news? You be the judge.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2010 :  23:38:32  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Seriously, I hope at least some of you will view it as good news. I've signed to write three more Forgotten Realms novels to follow the current trilogy that begins with The Captive Flame (available from fine booksellers everywhere!)

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  00:05:50  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SWEET!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Sandro
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
266 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  00:17:10  Show Profile Send Sandro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, well, that's just awful news. Way to start a man's day on a bad note!

Seriously, though, congratulations. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them as they slowly trickle down to my corner of the world.

"Gods, little fishes, and spells to turn the one to the other," Mordenkainen sighed. "It's started already..."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  00:38:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's great news! I can't wait until you can share some details with us about what these books will entail.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  02:39:03  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bad news indeed for the realms! You will bother us with more of your excellent novels, how dare you?
How am I supposed to ever finish all realms novels I want to read, when you spoil my plans by creating more!? And more..? And make me buy them!? Because... I...must...buy...novels..from Byers... Argh!

I am surprised in a very positive way that WoTC is securing continuity with one of their best authors at a stage that early.

Will the other trilogy also feature Aoth as the main character? Is there any teaser info you may give us regarding characters, setting etc?

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  02:57:55  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Seriously, I hope at least some of you will view it as good news. I've signed to write three more Forgotten Realms novels to follow the current trilogy that begins with The Captive Flame (available from fine booksellers everywhere!)

Excellent news, Richard! Congratulations! WotC made the right decision.

Will the next trilogy also feature Aoth and the Brotherhood? Is Thay the main setting?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  03:42:43  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This certainly made my day a bit better. Great news!
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  04:05:27  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
excellent news indeed
Go to Top of Page

Merrith
Learned Scribe

135 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  06:14:18  Show Profile  Visit Merrith's Homepage Send Merrith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tremendous news. Can't wait for the 2nd book to come out in the Brotherhood of the Griffon series
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  14:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn you Byers. I do have a budget that I have to try to follow!!!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  14:57:46  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, all. Thanks for your good wishes.

All I can tell you right now is that the three books will feature characters from the Brotherhood of the Griffon. I'll provide more info when I can.

I actually have another piece of news. I just sold my first piece of Pathfinder fiction. It's a novelette that will run on the Paizo website in four installments, probably starting late October. I'll let you know when I know for sure. I hope everyone will check it out.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  15:16:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat. Will this PATHFINDER fiction be freely available or will there be a small fee in involved?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  16:22:13  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonderful news Richard! I'm growing increasingly excited about Pathfinder fiction too.
Go to Top of Page

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  16:33:59  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, you're just bursting with good news aren't ya?? Whoop! Whoooop!
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2010 :  17:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sage: I believe the Pathfinder story will be a freebie, but I'm not absolutely sure.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2010 :  05:50:35  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

All your books have been excellent! I have to confess though, the spellplague debacle has caused me to not read FR novels since you wrote the Rogue Dragon trilogy. That trilogy was fantastic!!!!

I just cannot get myself motivated to read spellplague realms fiction.

Congratulations!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2010 :  09:46:13  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mournblade, you should. There are a lot of good novels set in the post spellplague era.
Go to Top of Page

Saxmilian
Learned Scribe

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2010 :  13:15:34  Show Profile  Visit Saxmilian's Homepage Send Saxmilian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"some of you view it as good news"?? Great. Another author (of skill and talent) writes more for our favorite setting. How could any of us NOT consider that good news. The only way to make it better news would to let me know that you'll be sending me a signed copy of these novels (HINT HINT!)and saving me the trouble of going to my local bookstore and nagging the clerk behind the counter as to where the fantasy-adventure section ahs been moved to this week!
Congrats on the work, I personally look forward to reading every printed word.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2010 :  13:16:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

quote:

Mournblade, you should. There are a lot of good novels set in the post spellplague era.

Agreed. You can start with Richard's The Haunted Lands trilogy. Just be prepared to see Thay in its darkest, most sinister image. Guaranteed to give you some sleepless nights, as you'd be compelled to devour them till the very last word.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 02 Oct 2010 13:16:54
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2010 :  21:53:01  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, all.
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2010 :  22:15:46  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news indeed.
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2010 :  05:48:46  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This news is in the "great" column for sure. I've only read a few of your books (Haunted Lands Trilogy, The Captive Flame, Shattered Mask) and they have been among my favorite FR books so I am very much looking forward to these books (and I can't wait for Whisper of Venom). I look forward to finding out who is in it and where it takes place.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2010 :  14:41:55  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys.
Tyrant: Whisper of Venom picks up right where The Captive Flame leaves off, with the same bunch of characters.
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2010 :  14:47:45  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news...
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2010 :  22:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks, guys.
Tyrant: Whisper of Venom picks up right where The Captive Flame leaves off, with the same bunch of characters.

I wasn't very clear in what I meant to say. I was meaning the new trilogy you are announcing as far as finding out who's in it and where it takes place, which I know you can't really say much about right now so we must wait.

I don't know if you can comment on this or if this is the place to ask as opposed to the other section meant for questions, but is the publishing schedule with The Brotherhood of the Griffon series a fluke or is there a real possibility of seeing more novels released less than a year apart in the future (obviously barring factors that would normally make it a must to space them out a year)?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2010 :  22:02:43  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved Rogue Dragons. I'll have to keep an eye out for these. Great news! And keep up the awesome work!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Tren of Twilight Tower
Seeker

51 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  01:35:19  Show Profile  Visit Tren of Twilight Tower's Homepage Send Tren of Twilight Tower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do not think that anyone will complain. Congratulations and thanks, Richard.

Tren
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  21:49:00  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome.

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  23:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, all.
Go to Top of Page

Ecaporaso
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2011 :  22:56:02  Show Profile  Visit Ecaporaso's Homepage Send Ecaporaso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's great news!

The Haunted Lands is my favorite FR trilogy, and the first two installments of the Brotherhood of the Griffon have been great. I'm really looking forward to your upcoming FR novels.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  08:00:55  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000