Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Netherese Arcanist Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darsson Spellmaker
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2010 :  06:40:57  Show Profile Send Darsson Spellmaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
With regards to the Netherese Arcanist's Field Specializations (Invention, Mentalism, Variation), where do the Mythal, Shadow, and Mantle seeds fall?
The Mantle seed is an unofficial creation of George Krashos, who used it in a superb work to detail the creation of Elven and Netherese Spellmantles. The article is floating somewhere here on the boards, I'm pretty sure.

"Know, O mages, that there is learning, and there is wisdom, and they are very far from being the same thing."--Azuth the High One, Utterances from the Altar: Collected Verbal Manifestations of the Divine and Most Holy Lord of Spells (holy chapbook, assembled by anonymous priests of Azuth circa 1358 DR)

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2010 :  18:42:04  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt you're going to get anything resembling an official update, given that it was a 3.5 class for a 3.0 epic-level system, and WotC has moved beyond such things.

Just through guesstimation, I'd guess that the Mythal seed would be Invention (compare with energy, armor, conjure), Shadow would fall under Mentalism (compel, conceal, delude), and Mantle seems to mesh with Variation (see also fortify, reflect, ward).

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000