Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 My Moonshaes Campaign -- PCs
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EltonJ
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  03:52:55  Show Profile  Visit EltonJ's Homepage Send EltonJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
One person has produced a PC for my campaign. I introduce thee, good Loremasters, to one Ramian Jaivona.

Race: Common Man
Profession: Ranger

History:

Ramian is a soldier in the United Moonshae Isles' military, having joined a months after coming to the city of Caer Callidyr and has served a few years. He lived the majority of his life in a small cottage with his parents, Irae and Daryel Jaivona, outside of the city on Alaron. During his teen years, he became more and more nonsocial, preferring to explore the forests around his home, learning and experiencing the wonders of nature, even coming to pray to the goddess of forests, Mielikki. The animals in the forest slowly became used to his presence over the years as well, allowing him to study them more than he could before. He became adept at most of his forestry skills during this time, learning the best ways to stay hidden and stalk animals he was curious about, learned how to swim using a small pond he found, even learned how to read tracks and use them to find animals.

One day, shortly after turning twenty years old, Ramian came across a wolf caught in a trap laid by a hunter. He freed the wolf, using his skills with animals, and befriended the wolf, which travels with him to this day. As a result, Ramian has become skilled at handling canines and has good knowledge on how to train wolves, having gained the skills through extensive trial and error.

Driven by the urges of his youth, Ramian set out toward Caer Callidyr in search of some kind of adventure.

-----------------

Description:
Tall, somewhat handsome man appearing to be in his early twenties Has olive skin, black hair and blue eyes. Has a muscular build and weighs in at 150 pounds. His wolf has white fur and gold eyes.

Personality:
Ramian is calm, quiet and attentive, never being the type to react emotionally to many situations and keeping his attentive curiosity from his childhood. He is motivated by his drive for adventure. He doesn't have much of a social life, having never developed the skills needed.

EltonJ
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  02:27:26  Show Profile  Visit EltonJ's Homepage Send EltonJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Nobody wants to discuss the PCs in my campaign.
Go to Top of Page

Xevo
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  02:32:50  Show Profile Send Xevo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you asking for help in the development of NPCs for the campaign? Cause I got plenty of ideas.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
-Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  06:07:22  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I personally missed the post in my review of the lists here!

Ramien is a good start for a character to be sure...only I'm unsure of what rules you are using? I'm going to assume 3.5 or so because of the wolf companion?

Speaking of the wolf...it has a rather unusual appearance...is there something special about it?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

EltonJ
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  16:02:40  Show Profile  Visit EltonJ's Homepage Send EltonJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

I personally missed the post in my review of the lists here!

Ramien is a good start for a character to be sure...only I'm unsure of what rules you are using? I'm going to assume 3.5 or so because of the wolf companion?

Speaking of the wolf...it has a rather unusual appearance...is there something special about it?

That's a PC.

To answer your question, Dalor, I am not using 3.5x or even 4.x (god, the game is evolving REALLY fast). The rules I'm using includes:
Arms Law (2003)
Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplaying
And Spell Law

The reason is obvious. I reviewed D&D 4e (the PHB) and have declared it unfit for my campaign's concept. After all, you can't make a PC like this with 4.0 without some finagling. 3.5x or Pathfinder won't fit, either.

Princess Rowena
Daughter of Raedwald

Lady-in-Waiting

Race: Northman (High Man, Highland Militaristic)
Sex: f
Profession: Layman
Level: 3
XP: 30,000

Stats: Ag (Dex) 42, Co (Con) 56, SD (Wis) 89, Re (Int) 75, Me 45; St (Str) 87, Qu 74, Em 91, In 85, Pr (Cha) 99

Most Used Skills: Dancing +42, Singing +45, Sprinting +27, Swimming +35, Alertness +40, Observation +43, Language (Spoken/Written): Northman 6/3, Ffolk 6/7, Llewyrri 4/7, Eladrin 3/1; Needlepoint +25, Leadership +23, Seduction +34, Culture Lore: Ffolk +32, Region Lore: Callidyrr +35, Falconry +25, Riding (horse) +40, First Aid +30, Second Aid +25, Surgery +20, 1 handed weapon - Dagger +20

Background Options:
Talents: Empathy, Golden Throat, Heir, Noble
Flaws: Truthful, Pacifist (minor)

Ambitions:
Unlike her adoptive sisters, the Lady Rowena is the perfect princess. The descendant of Northman kings, she is the Northmen's hope for the future. She wants to be a lover, wife, and mother to a good man. Her sisters are a druid and a warrior. Currently, Alicia isn't very happy that her younger daughter is training for Knighthood as a Lady Knight. But she was fostering King Raedwald's [RED-wald] daughter until he died suddenly. She then adopted the girl as her daughter.

Consequences: Marriage to the maid Rowena pretty much means that the person marrying her will be the heir to Raedwald's kingdom. As the Moonshaes become more United, Raedwald's kingdom in Norland will become an Earldom.

==============================

Lady Ordalf
Queen of Gwynneth

Race: Eladrin (High Elf)
Culture: Sylvan Urban
Profession: Magician
Level: 16

Stats: Ag 65, Co 32, SD 78, Re 92, Me 75, St 34, Qu 55, Em 100, In 88, Pr 91

Spell Lists: Fire Law (rank 16), Light Law (Rank 20), Water Law (Rank 20), Spirit Mastery (Rank 10), Rune Mastery (Rank 15), Shield Mastery (Rank 15), Inscriptions (Runemage Base List: Rank 7), Mana Servants (Mana Molder Base List: Rank 8), Allurement (Rank 10), Crystalist Casting (rank 13)

Most Used Skills: Dancing +60, Singing +75, Poetry +76, Alertness +65, Observation +69, Reality Awareness +35, Body Development 9 ranks (yes, she's buff); Languages: Ancient Eladrin 10/10, Modern Ffolk: 1/2, Ancient Ffolk: 6/6, Modern Llewyrri 3/2, Common 1/1; Directed Spells: Shock Bolt +85, Directed Spells: Fire Bolt I +82, Directed Spells: Water Bolt II +83, Leadership +56, Pubic Speaking +67, Culture Lore: Sarifal +78, Region Lore: Myrrloch Vale +23, Philosophy +56, Religion (Corellon Larethian) +65, Eladrin History (up until -500 DR) +76, Power Perception +45, Power Point Development Rank 15, Spell Mastery: Inscriptions +23, Spell Mastery: Fire Law +76, Spell Mastery: Allurement +87, Administration +67, 1-handed Edged Weapon: Longsword +56

Talents:
Eladrin Talent: Sensitive to the Essence
Other Talents: Noble, Teleportation (that has a range of ten miles, not 30 feet)

Flaws:
Chivalrous, Lecherous, Megalomaniac, Overconfident

Ambitions:
High Lady Ordalf has fulfilled one Ambition, the resurrection of the Kingdom of Sarifal. Her new ambitions, to create an Elven Empire on the Mainland, are yet to be fulfilled. She had sent spies into Amn and Tethyr to see how strong and powerful the kingdoms are and how ripe they are for conquest. Currently, the Kingdom of Evermeet or Evereska disavow any alliance with Sarifal.

Relations:
High Lady Ordalf regards the Ffolk and the Northlanders as children. An ancient race, the Eladrin (Sun Elves) had solved the Riddle of Steel and the Riddles of Mystra before the Children of Men. She treats ambassadors from Callidyrr with condescension. She regards dwarves and halflings with some comport, but she turned away an ambassador from King Obould with hatred and contempt. Ordalf is unaware that Prince Richard has plans of his own for the crown of Amn.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  17:32:10  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SWEET!

I used to love ICE's Middle-Earth, and I always had a sweet spot for Rolemaster!

Alas, so many years ago now and I haven't looked at those books in nearly 20 years now...has it been that long?

I'll be happy to at least read your characters, player and NPC alike.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

EltonJ
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  18:46:16  Show Profile  Visit EltonJ's Homepage Send EltonJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Prince Richard Carrathal
Foster Son of Snorri

Race: Northlander (High Man, Plains Urban)
Sex: m.
Profession: Paladin, Dark (Semi-Channeling Priest)
Level: 5
Religion: Bane

Stats: Ag 66, Co 91, SD 31, Re: 75, Me 80, St 85, Qu 54, Em 12, In 91, Pr 87

Spell Lists: Communion (rank 8), Inspiring Ways (rank 7), Holy Arms (Rank 8), Darkness (Dark Magician Base, rank 2), Mind Domination (Dark Mentalist Base, Rank 5), Mind Subversion (Dark Mentalist Base, Rank 4)

Most Used Skills: Two-Handed Sword +35, Plate Armor Manuevering +29, Mounted Combat +18, Ffolk Swordsmanship +16, Heraldry +29, Horseback Riding +28, Jousting +15, Languages: Northman 6/6, Ffolk 7/7, Llewyrri 3/4, Zhentaric 0/7; Politics +24, Moonshae History +16, Region Lore: Alaron +16, Battlefield Strategy +30

Talents:
Bane of the Firbolgs, Battle Reflexes, Unnatural Aging, Chosen of Bane (blessed by War God)

Flaws:
Code of Honor, Dark Pact (Bane), Major Duty, The Slain*

* It was prophesied by Robyn that Richard will be slain by a sun elf sired by Correllon Larethian.

Background:
Prince Richard is the next in line to possess Snorri's Kingdom, which is directly north of Callidyrr. He is also the youngest son of Reginald Carranthal. His father Snorri is an ineffectual king who is heavy with years and constantly drinks himself into a stupor. He was fostered by Snorri after High King Tristan Kendrick defeated Kazgoroth and the Black Wizards.

Snorri, however, was a worshipper of Bane, and during his younger years, Snorri performed a dark ritual which allowed one of Bane's sons to inhabit the young prince. Over the years, the dark spirit ousted the original Richard and took fully over. Prince Richard is now a Banespawn.

However, Richard lived through the time of troubles, and through the troubling years of the time after the Time of Troubles. He grew up through those years having an unnatural cruelty streak. He'd bully his compatriots and friends while training as a Knight, he even used one of his closest friends as a sex slave. When he was nearing the end of his tenure as a squire, Richard had a dream that his father had returned. "Serve No one but me, my Son," was the words of Bane.

After that he had been knighted, and he's been slowly revealing his true colors.

Ambitions:
Prince Richard Carrathil is the last of the old Dynasty. Except for his code of Honor, the Prince is evil to his very core. He represents Bane's plans for the Moonshaes. He is currently trying to become the next in-line to the Throne of Callidyrr, become the next High King of the United Moonshaes.

After that, he will rule the Kingdom through fear and a heavy hand. He will tax the people to the hilt and use the revenue gained to conduct a war in Amn that would devastate the kingdom. To all this end, he is trying to win the fair Lady Rowena's hand in marriage and after that is complete, he will slay her adopted siblings and force the High Queen to name him successor.

If this doesn't work, there is plan B. Conquering the kingdom by Force.

Abilities: Richard Carrathil has the ability to become the Conqueror at will, a powerful Avatar of Bane. When he is slain, his essence will return to the Ultimate Tyrant.
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  18:06:22  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, like us - someone else who uses Rolemaster for their Realms!

Feel the love! <3

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

EltonJ
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2010 :  00:45:03  Show Profile  Visit EltonJ's Homepage Send EltonJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, this week I'll have my new episode scroll. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000