Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Jeff Grubb on Guild Wars 2
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2010 :  12:46:34  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was looking at some PAX coverage over at Spoony Experiment (link below), and imagine my surprise when he interviewed one of the top game designer for Guild Wars 2 and I saw the name Jeff Grubb pop in.

He does mention his work at TSR, and I was really surprise to see a D&D designer/author work on a video game. Just wanted to let you guys know.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/09/13/pax-coverage-final-fantasy-xiv-guild-wars-2/

Note that the interview with Mr. Grubb is right after Spoony's rant on FFXIV at about 5 minutes in.

mensch
Seeker

80 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2010 :  13:02:34  Show Profile Send mensch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeff Grubb was also involved in some way in the first Guild Wars game. I believe he wrote or co-wrote the "Eye of the North" storyline. He doesn't regard himself as a designer of video games, but still as a writer.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to know that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice. – Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)

Edited by - mensch on 14 Sep 2010 13:07:08
Go to Top of Page

bladeinAmn
Learned Scribe

199 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2010 :  07:02:36  Show Profile  Visit bladeinAmn's Homepage Send bladeinAmn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This new proposed game has piqued my interest.
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2010 :  12:12:44  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mensch

Jeff Grubb was also involved in some way in the first Guild Wars game. I believe he wrote or co-wrote the "Eye of the North" storyline. He doesn't regard himself as a designer of video games, but still as a writer.

Yeah I saw that on wiki, I did not know that before the interview.
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2010 :  12:13:51  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bladeinAmn

This new proposed game has piqued my interest.

Indeed, I just might check it out. Though if its release date is anywhere near the Old Republic...
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2010 :  13:25:35  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When's the realease date for the Old Rep?

z455t
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000