Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Lord of the Rings Online Now Free
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2010 :  06:04:19  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Yep, play free I guess...unless you want the "cool" things which cost you cash.

EDIT: funky link breakage that I couldn't fix

Brother...did I waste a lot of loot or what!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 11 Sep 2010 06:05:12

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2010 :  14:28:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been playing LotRO for a while, and I find it much more enjoyable than WoW ever was.

Oddly, though, I've not managed to get a character to 65... My highest toon is a level 63 Runekeeper. I tend to get bored with characters before getting them all the way to max -- my hunter, the first toon I really worked, has been level 59 for over a year!

I've been fiddling with the idea of making a group of Realms NPCs based on my LotRO toons. I'd have a sorcerer (the RK), rogue, ranger (hunter), two fighters (guardian and champ), and a cleric (my lore-master; not a great match, but it works for me). Two dwarves, a halfling, an elf, and two humans. And maybe another halfling rogue, since my wife's first toon quests exclusively with my first toon (the dwarf champion). She didn't start at the same time as me, but I abandoned the champ soon after starting him, so when she started, it was easiest to let her catch up to him.

One of my Lords of Waterdeep was based on a Star Wars Galaxies toon, but flipping the LotRO toons over will be much easier. I just need to change the RK's name to make it more Realms-ish (he's the only one without a good fantasy-based name -- I named him Osirys), and they're all good to go.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000