Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Would've been uber powerful if...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

creyzi4zb12
Learned Scribe

Philippines
129 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  17:00:12  Show Profile  Visit creyzi4zb12's Homepage Send creyzi4zb12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Who would've been ultra-powerful in the Realms that never have been?
The question implies that "If only this certain character did that, then he would've been ultra-epic.".

Here are some of my votes that come out.

Karsus = If only he didn't try to become a deity, Karsus had everything as an arcanist (except that bit of common-sense). But still, his curiousness and immaturity I think was his biggest weakness.

Magadon = If he tried to welcome his full heritage as son of Mephistopheles then he would've been some kind of unstoppable force in the Realms. He'd be mad as well....but that wouldn't stop him from being so powerful to even defeat a chosen so easily.

Tamlin Uskevren = If only he worshiped Tymora instead of Shar. This guy is just WOW! Sometimes I'm beginning to think that he's a chosen of Tymora. If only there were those symbols.

orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  05:44:01  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by creyzi4zb12

Who would've been ultra-powerful in the Realms that never have been?
The question implies that "If only this certain character did that, then he would've been ultra-epic.".

Here are some of my votes that come out.

Karsus = If only he didn't try to become a deity, Karsus had everything as an arcanist (except that bit of common-sense). But still, his curiousness and immaturity I think was his biggest weakness.

Karsus WAS "uber powerful." The fact that he died (destroyed/stoned), does not erase another fact that he DID cast one of the most powerful spells in the history of FR and the only powerful (albeit mad) wizard who ever attempted to "directly" usurp a deity's throne.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 17 Aug 2010 05:48:11
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  06:24:08  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon...if he had focused more on magic first instead of power first...he could have become a GREAT wizard and THEN started the Zhentarim. Of course, then the Knights of Myth Drannor and most of Faerun wouldn't have had one of the major baddies in the world to work against!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  06:34:05  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Lallara. If only she mastered the other types of magic outside her school of specialty. She wouldn't even have to work with the rest of the zulkirs to dethrone Tam. She could maintain her b***hy attitude, but she should have been more prudent and ambitious.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000