Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How old are you?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  02:39:28  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I usually base my characters' age, if anyone actually cares when I'm playing which they don't seem to, on our starting level.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  03:08:09  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
28. My main PC (whose namesake is my forum name) is in his 120s in 1381 DR.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  05:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My last character was around 100 (going on 17 by maturity of actions) - a half-faerie dragon.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

combatmedic
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  05:55:17  Show Profile Send combatmedic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 34.

My most recently played D&D PC is about 15 years old.

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I'm putting it here so I don't have to type it in every other post. :)
Go to Top of Page

Mirrormar
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2012 :  07:48:42  Show Profile Send Mirrormar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 39!

No PCs at the moment, mostly DM.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Dark
Seeker

50 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  04:50:20  Show Profile Send Mr Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
37 here.

Canon stops where the table begins.
Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  05:13:01  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
31 myself. I usually DM, but my rock gnome sorcerer/swashbuckler Durgall Firrynn is 64 in the Year of Wild Magic.
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  10:14:37  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I usually play drow characters whose age tends to be in the 100s. Mentally, they're probably in the 30 - 40 (I really need to do something with my life) bracket.

Nb: Using the Wooly Rule I'm only 31.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

combatmedic
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  11:21:13  Show Profile Send combatmedic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

My last character was around 100 (going on 17 by maturity of actions) - a half-faerie dragon.

Half faerie dragon and half human?

In any event, that sound slike a lot of fun.

Oh, and I just thought I'd mention how much I liked your 'Evil Seeps In' (something close to that) story.

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I'm putting it here so I don't have to type it in every other post. :)
Go to Top of Page

Gustaveren
Learned Scribe

Denmark
197 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2012 :  15:25:29  Show Profile  Visit Gustaveren's Homepage Send Gustaveren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am 35
I think my first rolepaying campaign was 22 years ago
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  19:59:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
49 today.

Damn, I'm old.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  20:04:30  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^Happy Birthday

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  09:59:41  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^Happy belated birthday, Markustay!

And remember, you're only as old as you feel!

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  19:03:13  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

I do still feel like a kid, even though its takes me MUCH longer to recuperate from 'fun'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  23:16:25  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

49 today.

Damn, I'm old.

Damn, I didn't think you looked a day over 48 when we met.....I assumed three or four of those years were from lack of sleep

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Lily M Green
Learned Scribe

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2012 :  11:58:51  Show Profile  Visit Lily M Green's Homepage Send Lily M Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Belated happy birthday, Markustay.

36 going on 16 for the most part here.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

A Dark Alliance - Beyond Baldur's Gate
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2012 :  19:26:11  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
J'ai dix-sept (17) ans. :)
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  06:19:35  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned 23 in August :) I'm currently in college, and would have probably gradutated by now if I hadn't taken a couple terms off my junior year (finding out you have fibromyalgia sucks).

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  08:47:38  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm younger than the Forgotten Realms setting, and that's the only clue I'm giving.

I tend to play characters within the 26-33 range preferably, or their racial equivalent. Though I've played characters as young as 15, as well as some old relics. I've got a severe case of alt-itis.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  20:43:18  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Today's my birthday! Just turned 26.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 21 Oct 2012 20:56:29
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  23:27:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy B-Day Dennis.

I have 24 yr old son - you make me feel old.

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  23:39:21  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am 32 years old
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  23:41:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Markus.

[You're not old. As the saying goes, 'life' begins at 40.]

Go to Top of Page

hedgeknight
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2012 :  16:34:30  Show Profile Send hedgeknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll turn 50 near the end of December - there's a few of us old timers still rolling dice!

Winter is coming...
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2012 :  17:09:58  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Happy belated birthday Dennis!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  00:24:42  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Entreri!

Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  01:23:52  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am twenty seven years young.

I am not as seasoned as I'd like, but as well seasoned as I deserve.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  07:52:30  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Happy belated birthday, Dennis!

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  08:09:24  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

quote:

Happy belated birthday, Dennis!

Thanks, Xnella! If not for my 'job,' (or family business) I would have felt still 21. Oh, well, we do what we must.

Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  02:15:07  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 25. So barely in the lower adult category.

Currently between games.

It could be useful for WotC to know the ages of the bulk of their Realms fans.

In my experience, most people under 18 don't buy the setting books.

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)

Edited by - Sylrae on 30 Oct 2012 02:17:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000