Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How old are you?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Spell Savant
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  14:31:55  Show Profile  Visit Spell Savant's Homepage Send Spell Savant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned 30 on the 4th. Most of my characters tend to be on the young side, and I still think of myself as a young man (even though I'm not lol).

"Know, O mages, that there is learning and there is wisdom -- and they are very far from being the same thing."--Azuth the High One, Utterances from the Altar: Collected Verbal Manifestations of the Divine and Most Holy Lord of Spells (holy chapbook, assembled by anonymous priests of Azuth circa 1358 DR)
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  16:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 37, and I usually base my character's age on their level, higher level a little older, low level really young. I think my signature character, Xysma, is in his early 30s.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2010 :  00:37:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keep in mind a bit of wisdom I learned long before I knew about girls: You're only as old as the woman you feel.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Iluvrien
Acolyte

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  00:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Iluvrien's Homepage Send Iluvrien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am with Wooly on this one... and I am a fairly sprightly 30.
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  04:41:57  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  10:03:54  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
36 and counting...
Go to Top of Page

Lucien
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  20:46:53  Show Profile  Visit Lucien's Homepage Send Lucien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 19...although to be honest...I got interested in the setting when I was 16 and before the big changes. Now it seems a bit chaotic to me and I've moved to the Exalted Campaign Setting...
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  21:43:47  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
42 My Lord where did the time go? D&D since 1979!

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!

Edited by - froglegg on 19 Sep 2010 21:48:52
Go to Top of Page

Wispr
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  10:04:52  Show Profile  Visit Wispr's Homepage Send Wispr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
40... played since I was 14, the others in the group were 10 yrs older then me. We played about once a week until I was 38.

Wispr

Edited by - Wispr on 20 Sep 2010 10:05:46
Go to Top of Page

Rory
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  17:41:37  Show Profile  Visit Rory's Homepage Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My goodness people we are too old. We need to start breeding. How about a Candlekeep dating forum?

I'm doing my part. I have three boys of 9 months, 3 years and almost 7. My oldest is already a Forgotten Realms fan.
Go to Top of Page

Iluvrien
Acolyte

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  23:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Iluvrien's Homepage Send Iluvrien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rory

My goodness people we are too old. We need to start breeding. How about a Candlekeep dating forum?

If I might be so bold as to suggest it, Rory, the somewhat richer ages of the scribes here may actually work in favourof the wellbeing of CK, rather than against it.

As you suggested, it means that we are of an age to bring our own children into the hobby, but also that the prevailing atmosphere has always, to me, appeared somewhat more collected and reflective than in... other places.
Go to Top of Page

Xevo
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  02:32:35  Show Profile Send Xevo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
30...but my doctor says my body is not a day under 60. Seeing as how I am the primary (ha who am I kidding? - Only) DM in my group, I have no current PC and thus cannot provide a second answer.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
-Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Neil Bishop
Learned Scribe

Singapore
100 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  11:25:20  Show Profile  Visit Neil Bishop's Homepage Send Neil Bishop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 41.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
(snip) You're only as old as the woman you feel.

I'm somewhere between 25 and 31 depending on which city and/or country I am in.

Don't you just love the anonymity of the internet? ;)

Regards
NXB
Go to Top of Page

Balduran Lavidah
Seeker

France
83 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  12:50:34  Show Profile  Visit Balduran Lavidah's Homepage Send Balduran Lavidah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
26 :)

"Le savoir s'apprend. La curiosité forme le savoir."
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  15:24:36  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
36 :O)

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2010 :  15:31:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I pre-date the Primordial ooze.

Thank god humans evolved - watching slime for a bunch of millenia can get so boring. The love-lives of protozoa leaves a lot to be desired.

Geeze... during the time this poll was going on, I slipped from a 10% category to a 3% category.

I'd better hurry-up and finish some of my projects or I'll have to research lichdom soon.

Maybe there is such a thing as a 'Sagelich'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Sep 2010 15:35:20
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2012 :  17:23:59  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see a few smart a$$es voted in the 100+ category

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2012 :  18:33:27  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  12:06:32  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
24 in December. God I ll be an middle aged wage slave soon.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  12:26:24  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
22 in December.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  17:03:13  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  18:12:01  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
47, +1 in September. *sigh*

I'm on a permanent vacation to the soul. -Tash Sultana
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  18:34:17  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 25.

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2012 :  07:36:33  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
47, look like I'm pushing 60 (seriously). I have a 20-year-old son who is a better DM than I am.

'Main' character is a couple centuries old. Imagine Captain Kangaroo with a vicious streak a mile long.
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2012 :  08:02:02  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's see...In real life I am 24, turning 25 not too long after the new year rolls around.

As a character...When I play as X'nella or her twin sister Lysaetae, I think they are about 27 now, and just discovering that (as half-elves) they almost look old enough to get into bars in our world. But only if they use Disguise Self!

And then there's my halfling thief Chenna "Dragonstabber/Dragonslayer", who's just hitting her 40's and still flirts with her dragonborn-paladin buddy (he thinks she's just joking, but she actually has a crush on him) who loves to use her as an improvised weapon against the bigger monsters.

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  02:57:57  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad there are 2 of you who are older than me, if just barely.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  06:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned 29 in July for the very first time.

I tend to play characters in the 40-60 region, usually slightly long lived races like half-elves, shadar-Kai, falleen (whoop! That's SW), etc. Mature rather than young heroes.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Valor Dracos
Acolyte

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  17:05:48  Show Profile Send Valor Dracos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
37 (my first post!)

Long term strategic plan:

1. Kill the cultists
2. Sell their stuff
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  17:19:29  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

40 now...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2012 :  09:40:53  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im 35

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000