Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How old are you?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  16:28:46  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Paizo had a poll and surprisingly nobody was below 18. Would be interesting to know about Candlekeep because WotC these days targets a younger audience. And post the age of your current character, for curiosity's sake ....

I'm 21

Choices:

1 - 19
20 - 25
26 - 30
31 - 35
36 - 40
41 - 45
46 - 50
51 - 55
56 - 60
60 +
100 +
Other

(Anonymous Vote)

z455t

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  21:37:40  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  21:41:23  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trying to figure out what "Other" covers, persons under age 1?
The only other option that occurs to me are persons that have no age at all.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  22:35:52  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Trying to figure out what "Other" covers, persons under age 1?
The only other option that occurs to me are persons that have no age at all.

This IS an area on the Forgotten Realms.

Personally, I'm 38...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  11:16:18  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Almost 53.
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  11:44:24  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not yet 25, so I barely made it to the lower category (which probably makes no difference at all)
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  15:28:19  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
26, going to be 27 in December.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  19:25:25  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
33, going on- 12? Yeah, at least that's what my step-dad thinks... My current PC is 76. (Drow bard) Hey, Galuf, you're a Sag, too? Cool.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  19:58:01  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
20-25

when I play my character is a dysfunctional axiomite, and time flows differently in the planes
Go to Top of Page

Hooch9
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2010 :  23:54:17  Show Profile  Visit Hooch9's Homepage Send Hooch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm twenty-three. Twenty-four in a little over a month (Sept. 20)

Sheriff: Oh one other thing Earlie. Your boy needs to be in school.
Earlie Cuyler: School? Ain't dat da damn place where they got all dem uhh lets see, whatcha call um uhh? Fold outs covered in scriblins wrote up all over.
Earlie Cuyler: uhh? Books?
Earlie Cuyler: uh-uh, uh-uh, No they square like a magazine.
Sheriff: Books Earlie.
Earlie Cuyler: Noo not not that, but something like that, I wanna say boooooo...

"Don't you start with me. I have hobbies. I collect autographs. I don't Judge you for all those books you read!"

-Both of those quotes are from Squidbillies.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  05:19:37  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
23...and I can't believe I first typed 123.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 17 Aug 2010 05:22:13
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  02:49:35  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  03:35:23  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  04:27:44  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
28 and missing the pre responsibility days of 18.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  04:49:30  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmmm?

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  06:06:30  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
25 years old.

Guessing the Other is for those that don't want to declose their age.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  06:27:03  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just turned 24. Been playing D&D (pen and paper version) since 2000, but I guess I've technically been playing since 1998 when Baldur's Gate came out.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  07:22:00  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 26... or 27. Depends on what day it is of the month.

I usually GM, so I can't say I have a 'current character', as such. When I do make characters, they've ranged from 17-63, for humans. So not much correlation, although it's entirely possibly that the average age of characters would somehow accidentally be close to my age.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  09:41:49  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most of my characters tend to be "barely into adulthood", which allows for a lot of freedom and fun and alignment shaping etc.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  19:41:31  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
old enough to know better, but still too young to care.
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  21:25:15  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I look about 46
I feel about 18

But I am 36

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2010 :  23:28:11  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In RL i'm 21. But as a DM I'm ageless
Go to Top of Page

Laerrigan
Learned Scribe

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  05:35:51  Show Profile  Visit Laerrigan's Homepage Send Laerrigan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mentally or chronologically?

I'm 31. My main PC is....oh....I dunno, around 600 now? I've kind of lost count, lol. But to quote the great philosopher Hootie, "I don't believe in time."

"Your 'reality,' sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." (Baron Munchausen)
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was not made for this world." (C.S. Lewis, "Surprised by Joy")
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  19:30:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Age-wise I will be 47 in one week.

I look about 10 years younger, feel about 10 years older, and have the maturity of a 14 year old.

As for characters, if human they usually range from 18-25, but I've played younger and older, and as for non-humans the ages have been all over the place (including an 8 year old goblin, which is about the equivalent of a 20-yr-old human).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  20:15:01  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always felt like a hobbit. Which means at 37, I've only been an 'adult' for about 4 years.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  20:54:23  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So have we all, Ashe, so have we all.... ;)

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2010 :  12:04:33  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am 29. I feel older because of my body being beat up from wrestling (not bad lately since I haven't done that in 2 1/2 months, but I did get to play a lot of D&D over the summer ).

Characters I play vary in age, but usually they are low to mid twenties in age (or racial equivalent).

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2010 :  15:37:59  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Saxmilian
Learned Scribe

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2010 :  15:39:24  Show Profile  Visit Saxmilian's Homepage Send Saxmilian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
36. My game group is a 31 female 26 male 17 male and 10 female (well she turns 10 next week)
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2010 :  16:45:06  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Others?!

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2010 :  01:30:47  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000