Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Campaign Idea - Daemonfey, Shade and Nilshai
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Minstrel of the Abysses
Acolyte

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2010 :  19:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Minstrel of the Abysses's Homepage Send Minstrel of the Abysses a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings all. I´m a somewhat retired Realms DM that is trying to be active again, setting up a new group, capaign and all that stuff, and I figured I could try to reuse a campaign Idea I had in mind back on the 3.0 Realms setting but I don´t know how well it would fit in the new realms or even it would fit back in the old ones.
It is a long campaign that, back then, would start on the Silver Marshes, involving schemes with the daemonfey kidnappings and the looming war on the North. I know that was all past now and I´m still trying to figure out the new setup on Luruar.
Looking upside down the campaign would have 3 parts (That with the new tiers setup I figrued could be Heroic/Paragon/Epic tier efforts), the first one would be the rise of the PCs from sort of unkown and inexpressive figures to more proeminent adventurers, playing some part on a bigger event (Back then it was working on the daemonfey business while the war of the North against the Orc horde built up). As I was into putting stars on the campaign name I named this first part Northern Stars.
The second tier would work with an NPC independent Shade Agent, a bard that is highly proficient on the arcane arts (Back then I Used that prestige class from complete arcane that improved bard spellcasting, getting it closer to the sorcerer and allowing the casting of 9th level spells), that would be investigating some troubling findings regarding the phaerimm and some connection with events on the east, on the Star Elves home of Yuirwood (All that Nilshai business).
Back then, the link for this was a character from the group that was actually a star elf bard raised by Moon Elves on Silverymoon, that would be related to a star elf that had some key knowledge on that invasion and the defense of the star elves´ plane. That Shade Angent would manipulate the group to get them to work on finding that information, disrupting phaerimm plans in the proccess. This part of the campaign would relate to the events of their travels to Aglarond, on the East, specially their crossing of the Sea of the Fallen Stars, that being the reason I called this Second part Sea of Stars.
The Last part would involve dealing with the Star Elf problems, the Nilshai and the Phaerimm on Algarond, being planned to have the characters participating on key roles in a large scale conflict (as opposed to the first part where they played a more supporting role). As I planned it to be a moment where the song magic of star elves, the actions of that shade bard and all that would be really important I named this final part Ballad of the Fallen Stars.

Thsi campaign idea seemed to get more interesting in some parts, and more difficult in others. The main one is the appearance of the Abolethic Sovereignty and the link of the Nilshai with it, which would make parts 2 and 3 more interesting... Back on 3.0, I tried to explain the unexplained Nilshai plans on the Yuirwood with some Phaerimm activity, that being the reason I used that link with shade as a somewhat unexpected ally/patron, but now I´m trying to see how I could work that out...

The part I actually need to work on the most is the start on Luruar... I´m trying to find more detailed sources on the state of Daemonfey and shade activities up there and such... any good 4e novels or other lore on that? (I just ordered the Abolethic Sovereignty novels, as well as Twilight War and all that)

Thanks in advance for the comments and ideas.

"A Minstrel of the Abysses of the haunted regions against the negative force that drags those who want to fall"
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000