Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Where to place Lankhmar?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7432 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2018 :  14:32:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the gods.

Rat God - there's several options. There's Ishistu the Albino Rat (The great Hairless One, Lord of Perfection). Source: 2nd edition Al-Qadim, Cities of Bone. There's also Squerrik, from Monster Mythology, god of wererats. There's also Sneel, god of rats, thievery, assassination, and deception from Ed Greenwood's "Down to Earth Divinity" in Dragon 54.

Hate - Iyachtu Xvim. He is the god of hatred. Depending on what you're doing with him, this might be what's "left" of Xvim if Bane has actually dispersed him somehow.... or it could be an avatar form... or it could even be a child of his.

Kos - what about Hoar the doombringer/Assuran of the Three Thunders? I know you're worried about power level, but he would seem to fit the idea.

Gods of Trouble - Hakeashar.. Nishruu... and a living spell of energy transformation that's powering something like tasha's hideous laughter, Otto's Irresistable dance, or confusion ... or a living spell of spellstrike

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2018 :  07:11:11  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hah. And I thought I was weird for wanting to put the Village of Hommlet somewhere in West Faerun.

But strangely enough, in my current 5E campaign (mostly 5th Edition canon-accurate) . I have subtly shoehorned the small fortress town of Highpass Keep (from Everquest) in the Sword Mountains. But instead of the Crushbone Orcs, the mountain holdfast has a gnoll problem.

I'm glad that Lankhmar can be easily shoehorned into the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3594 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2018 :  18:35:34  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

Hah. And I thought I was weird for wanting to put the Village of Hommlet somewhere in West Faerun.

But strangely enough, in my current 5E campaign (mostly 5th Edition canon-accurate) . I have subtly shoehorned the small fortress town of Highpass Keep (from Everquest) in the Sword Mountains. But instead of the Crushbone Orcs, the mountain holdfast has a gnoll problem.

I'm glad that Lankhmar can be easily shoehorned into the Realms.

Highpass Keep in the Sword Mountains...that's a good place!

Man...suddenly I want to play EQ again.

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000